Skip to content

[Quotes] More intruders have entered the complex, Master.

Comments

• smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    The first time I got Eldoth I thought he was okay interesting then I did his quest to get Skie and then they both had to die in a fire Skie just complained too much and whiny irritating complaining.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    hahahhahahahahha, yeah they are interesting to use to help spice up your experience (points) but they arent all that great the only use for them is the infinite money which you dont need and the poison arrows that eldoth can make, but its too few at a time and he kinda smells a bit, i think he's been hanging out in cloakwood for a little too long without a bath
  • ScooterScooter Member Posts: 182
    My favourites Xzar quoting Robert J. Oppenheimer’s “I have become death, destroyer of worlds!” (which in itself I think was a quote from something in Hinduism i do believe, Vishnu?) How fun, really adds to the fact that Xzar is completely nuts :)
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    he kinda smells a bit, i think he's been hanging out in cloakwood for a little too long without a bath
    Indeed! "Eldoth, could you stand away from me, the stench is somewhat unnerving!"

hahahahaha slammed :) on eldoth thats what you get when you're a stinky bard
  • pklooppkloop Member Posts: 113
    "Shar smiles upon me with favor"
  • WinthalWinthal Member Posts: 366
    edited July 2012
    Ajantis: "Halt! Be you friend... or be you foe?!"

PC: "What kind of an idiot answers 'foe'?"
    @Winthal me :) hardy hardy har
    edited July 2012
    "These walls contain the woooorld's knowledge."

"A waste of my talents!"

"You should not have come to this place."
  • AliteriAliteri Member Posts: 308
    I remeber thinking Xzar's 'STOP TOUCHING ME!' was actually Imoen's.
  • RazorRazor Member Posts: 436
    edited July 2012
    @Aliteri: sounded something like this
    Well not really lol
    Post edited by Razor on
    I remeber thinking Xzar's 'STOP TOUCHING ME!' was actually Imoen's.
    Haha, took me some time to figure as well. I also wondered who or what was whistling all the time until I realized it was Coran's battle cry...

• RazorRazor Member Posts: 436
    Not many quotes lately!...
    Got to share one of my favorites: "You simians may refer to me merely as "Sir," if you prefer a less... syllable-intensive workout"
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited July 2012
    I was always very fond of hearing the Nashkel priest of Helm say "Ah, weary travelers at our door," with the amazing choral temple music playing in the background. Especially on my very first run through the game, after an evening of playing well into the night and about to turn in myself, that was rather fitting to hear.

And I guess for me many of the standard lines from BG1 NPCs are especially endearing. And there are some real gems in there too, which you rarely hear but when you finally do they're a hoot. You'll all know who these belong to:

"Poor sod, taking the dirt nap so soon."
    "Gorion would be proud of your actions."
    "Play on Bard, tis sweet music to my furry friend!"
    "You have the most beautiful...uh...eyes."
    "This group shows... promise, ex-cep-tio-nal."
    "I think that I shall never see a poem as lovely as a tree."
    "I've just about seen enough waking hours, Slave Driver."
    "Sleep lightly taskmaster..."
    "Walking alone on the Coastway Road, how smart is this?"

But anyway, that's a fair sampling. There are so many more. Ah, getting so nostalgic.

• kaffepannakaffepanna Member Posts: 1
    Sarevok: "I orchestrated a war to slaughter thousands. I have felt the cold embrace of death. I have witnessed the horrors of the abyss. But you, Viconia... you scare me. "

First time i heard that conversarion I fell of my chair. Realy loved all the npc banter. Never really found that in another game...
  • IranicusIranicus Member Posts: 10
    Among many quotes, one of mine had to be Gorions when facing Sarevok like a boss "You're a fool if you believe I would trust your benevolence. Step aside and you and your lackeys will be unhurt." and Jaheira's battle shout "Nature, take the life she gave!". Irenicus's frequent lines were also among the ones that you just have to remember because of his opinionated insight into things :p
  • Bastion72Bastion72 Member Posts: 60
    BG 1 final: Sarevok: So you intend to kill me and become the people's savior?
    You've gotten a lot farther than you should have, but then you haven't met Sarevok either.
    You are not a hero,you are just a walking corpse. (all credits belong to Frank Horrigan)

You:.....oh damn
  • lokibordlokibord Member Posts: 1
    you know once, a long time ago, yeah i was like a moonblade
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    Greetings wayfarer, i am Khan Zahraa, a Dao Djinn... :P
  • OneTrickPonyOneTrickPony Member Posts: 17
    "Edwin do this, EDWIN DO THAT... somebody get this jerk a banana."
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Evil meet my sword! SWORD MEET EVIIIIIL!
  • IkonNavrosIkonNavros Member Posts: 227
    So many nice quotes here :D Cursed be my memories :D Irenicus and Minsk always had some brilliant lines :D
  • Djura83Djura83 Member Posts: 3
    Lilarcor quotes are always a laugh :)

"I may be an intelligent sword, but I've had no formal edumication."

"My brother is a +12 Hackmaster!"

"...and this one's for grandma, who said I'd never amount to anything more than a butterknife!"

"You know, my last owner always said I was sharp and edgy. He was such an ass."
    To end like this!?
  • WinthalWinthal Member Posts: 366
    Lilarcor quotes are always a laugh :)

"I may be an intelligent sword, but I've had no formal edumication."

"My brother is a +12 Hackmaster!"

"...and this one's for grandma, who said I'd never amount to anything more than a butterknife!"

"You know, my last owner always said I was sharp and edgy. He was such an ass."
    "I know! Find someone rich, and kill them! Then find someone richer, and kill them too! Hack and slash your way to fortune! Whoo-hoo!!"
    my gnome fighter is using lilarcor right now :)
  • JairyannaJairyanna Member Posts: 209
    "Wisdom... is only possessed... by the *learned*."
    my gnome fighter is using lilarcor right now :)
    Gnome rage!
    well he is a beserker :)
  • queviequevie Member Posts: 3
    "I was just looking for a turnip I swear..."