Skip to content

Pre-loading for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition has begun!

Comments

• PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    Nemissa said:

Blixx said:

Please make sure to have ports 56274 and 52138 TCP/UDP open. Otherwise the P2P client will not connect to the tracker and your download speed will be very slow. I'd wish for a setting in future BeamDog clients to adjust the port settings.

any idea/trick for ppl that use the stand alone installer?
    This seems to work with the standalone, too. Jumped from about 4 to 15 kbs to 150+.
  • RajickRajick Member Posts: 207
    Bgee has now been downloading for 12 hour
  • HeliasHelias Member Posts: 112
    Blixx said:

Please make sure to have ports 56274 and 52138 TCP/UDP open. Otherwise the P2P client will not connect to the tracker .

I have no idea what that means.

• TheCoffeeGodTheCoffeeGod Member Posts: 618
    @reedmilfam touched on this earlier, but something I noticed.

The numbers on the standalone installer are NOT representative of what you have actually downloaded.

For example:
    My installer says I've only downloaded 33MB / 1.3GB averaging about 1KB/s

However, my folder size numbers differ greatly from those numbers, and shows I'm a little over 1/3 done.

• jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    I have done as @Emptiness suggested and uninstalled BG:EE and reinstalled it this morning, and I have not messed with the download process at all. I connected right away to the stand-alone installer, and my download speed is much faster than it was last night. I've downloaded about 200 megs in 40 minutes as opposed to 7 megs in two or three hours.
  • NemissaNemissa Member Posts: 73
    I opened those ports as suggested but im still stuck on getting download info,so cant select p2p
  • IkonNavrosIkonNavros Member Posts: 227
    bittorrent works for me thanks god... if that also would have failed.... no game for me.

But now.. loading with some 100's of kb/s :D
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Mine looked similar to @TheCoffeeGod 's screen, but I closed it and opened to be told it had completed. Don't just look at the folder size; right click and select properties - as this counts that folder and all sub-folders for size. Mine was 1.34 GB, which strongly suggests that my preload is complete.

I'm panicking because I believe that Windows 7 lies!... Nah; I just wish there was a way to confirm my installation more than what I've done. Taking it on faith!
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    Compliments to @philipdaigle for quick support reply. The support is quicker than the download. It seems I'm too impatient. Better luck later this day hopefully, for now I'll stop trying to download.
  • rodrigjrodrigj Member Posts: 15
    edited November 2012
    Hello,

Living in Europe (France) I had better luck with BGEE installer than the beamdog client that seems have a lot of problem : my two cents!

Pre download -> check! :)

JPR out!
  • NemissaNemissa Member Posts: 73

Compliments to @philipdaigle for quick support reply. The support is quicker than the download. It seems I'm too impatient. Better luck later this day hopefully, for now I'll stop trying to download.

same,i keep getting a mix of getting download info and connecting...
    i'll retry tomorrow
  • PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    edited November 2012
    Hi folks,

I'm catching up on support tickets right now. If you're still having an issue, please contact support@beamdog.com rather than only posting in this thread because it's easier for us to keep track of who needs help.
  • MenthroMenthro Member Posts: 85
    Necdilzor said:

So, we'll struggle with the servers again on release date xD Glad I could preload yesterday, I can't wait! :D

I imagine that by then they will have a better data structure set up, guided by what has been happening now. Also a 500 Mb file is easier for thousands of people to get then a 1.9 Gb file for those same thousands of people. Easier as in when waiting in line everyone is ordering a sandwich rather then a 3 course meal.
  • M6k3M6k3 Member Posts: 180
    edited November 2012

Hi folks,

I'm catching up on support tickets right now. If you're still having an issue, please contact support@beamdog.com rather than only posting in this thread because it's easier for us to keep track of who needs help.

hahaha this is so silly....just make server run properly so we can download game, or give back money
  • IkonNavrosIkonNavros Member Posts: 227
    whoever has the chance... grab a bittorrent release and follow the tips earlier on that page :D Bittorrent solves most of the Problems ;)
    like i said before we dont pay for bittorrent, we pay for properly worked game from download to f@!$!@ ending.
  • PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    edited November 2012
    We're working on fixing the situation for everyone. Most people who have had issues have so far been able to download the game by just waiting for awhile, but we're working on eliminating that wait.
  • elvee68elvee68 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 35
    Yeah the Torrent option is working for me Thanks!
    edited November 2012
    2 b/s is't a while, i cant download more than 20 mb out of yestarday. So best advice is to wait ye i know, but i known too you guys are completly unprepair for pre-download. I know it today that we will have this same problem at 28th
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • VoloVolo Member Posts: 6
    Good, good, the beloved game is downloading while writing those lines, but, as far as i can see, no badge from preordering...what should i do?
  • TheCoffeeGodTheCoffeeGod Member Posts: 618
    @PhillipDaigle
    I think part of the problem with the standalone installer, is the numbers are completely inaccurate to what is actually being downloaded as I mentioned a few posts ago.

It looks like it's downloading slow as hell, but it's actually going faster than it shows.
    Going with my previous example, it showed I was at 33MB / 1.3GB but I was really at 444MB / 1.3GB

Since posting those pics about an hour and a half ago, it shows 36MB / 1.3GB @ 5 B/s
    However, that's completely untrue, as it's download almost 140MB since then and I'm now up to 582MB.

• elvee68elvee68 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 35
    M6k3 said:

like i said before we dont pay for bittorrent, we pay for properly worked game from download to f@!$!@ ending.

Bit Torrent is free.

I just loaded it 15 minutes ago and I am already at 32% downloaded.
  • mickyh44mickyh44 Member Posts: 32
    Pretty impressed by download speed for the moment

4MB in 4 hours! I didn't know that B/s unit was still used. I guess France is too far from Overhaul Games severs...
    i'm hovering between 30 kb/s and over 110 kb/s using the BG launcher.
    still better love story than twiglight :D hehe
    BGEE Pre-order

You have pre-ordered Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition. Thank you!
    VoloYou earned this badge 7:13PM today

603 people have earned this badge.

at last ;-)
  • shipwreckshipwreck Member Posts: 10
    So why exactly did someone decide to unlock preloading on Thanksgiving?!? And yes, I'm aware we in the US are the only ones celebrating.
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    I used the standalone installer, and my preload is now complete. It took just over 2 hours to download the whole thing. My top download speed was somewhere in the 7-800kb/s range, though that never lasted long. As long as I was in triple digits, I was happy.
  • Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514
    @shipwreck
    shipwreck said:

So why exactly did someone decide to unlock preloading on Thanksgiving?!? And yes, I'm aware we in the US are the only ones celebrating.

So that you Americans finally have something to be thankful for. :P