Skip to content

[BG:EE] PLEASE READ - LIST OF THINGS THAT CAN'T BE DONE.

14567810»

Comments

• EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    Technical question:
    Are romances limited by race or alignment ?
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    Tagging @PhillipDaigle for the answer.

IIRC, Rasaad will only romance good-aligned characters. No idea about other restrictions.
  • ShadwobladeShadwoblade Member Posts: 9
    edited November 2012
    Tanthalas said:

@Shadwoblade

Read this:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/2041/bgee-please-read-list-of-things-that-have-been-announced

and then watch the trailer.

If those don't convince you then BGEE is simply not for you.

Thanks for that. I heard from a friend that the graphics ARE greatly improved also.

What about the old Ranger-Cleric multi/dual class bug where a Ranger gets Druid access to Druidic spells instead of Ranger access? That was a massively over-powered cock-up. Did they fix that as well?

Cheers

~
  • AADA7AAADA7A Member Posts: 32
    Shadowblade: When I shadowkeeped my ranger with experience and dualed hir, zie got both druid and cleric spells.
  • BlakeDrapetaBlakeDrapeta Member Posts: 21
    I was thinking of firing up blender and making some higher resolution assets (just some simple, textured models rendered in the isometric view/angle). Remaking a whole game is out of the question, but it would be neat to at least see Candlekeep through a less graphically antiquated lens. A lot of the assets would be surprisingly easy to recreate, and could always be touched up in photoshop.
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065

I was thinking of firing up blender and making some higher resolution assets (just some simple, textured models rendered in the isometric view/angle). Remaking a whole game is out of the question, but it would be neat to at least see Candlekeep through a less graphically antiquated lens. A lot of the assets would be surprisingly easy to recreate, and could always be touched up in photoshop.

It's out of the question for ONE person, but it's well within the means of the Internet fan community.

Re-doing Candlekeep would be a great start, and maybe someone else will pick up another set of assets.
  • YovanethYovaneth Member Posts: 691
    It isn't the visual assets - people have tried before and produced some stunning updates - it's the knowledge required to create an area from the new art. That's the failure point because, surprisingly enough, people in the community who have a good grasp of area creation are few and far between.
    AndreaColomboProont
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    Is it new spell toolbar UI included (as in Dragon age origins)?
  • GaveGave Member Posts: 66
    With no offense, and all due respect .. may I say "not possible" is more like "not feasible" or not "economical" or whatever in this case.

Saying it isnt possible is quite disappointing really, legal agreements can change as well.

The possibility to "revamp" things is there, if OG is not gonna make it, it is okay tho.

As a few people pointed out, and did wisely so..it is just a matter of time and understanding how to create these assets. It was done with meager technology a decade ago, so I guess it can be done in 2013 with relative ease...sure it is a lot of work, planning and whatnot.

BG has a good share of reuse and prototyping, they used cleverly tho since most areas look rather unique to the unwary.
  • TuscunraiderTuscunraider Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2013
    Ok, so i dunno if this has been brought up already but i didnt see anything...

Que'ing of spells. I know there some limitations on the actually practicality of the idea let alone if its even possible with the engine. Before we get carried away, im NOT talking about queing say 10 spells. No. I think alot more problems would arise with that! But if we could just que ONE spell, could help eliminate those short intervels of time where the char could be starting on its next spell already, instead of attacking with its weapon.

So just being able to cast a spell and que its next one(not 10 or infinty) is what im asking about, could it be done? or is this one of those limitations that belong here in this thread.
  • zadkielmodelerzadkielmodeler Member Posts: 20
    What I can say is this: Beamdog, Overhaul games. Work on your contract negotiation skills. These terms neigh unacceptable to any player who wants to a play an "Enhanced" version of a game.

No new art? Can't re do it from scratch? These problems can be fixed with an increase in manpower. What ever other problems that would prevent this can be fixed with better contract negotiation skills. Maybe if you offered Atari and/or Wizards of the Coast a better deal, you could have bought access to more developing rights and creative freedom.

The bottom line is: These terms are unacceptable and generally do not justify the price of the game. Like many others, I still have both of these games in their original form. 4 new NPC's and an extra 4 hours of gameplay for $20+ dollars. Its simply not worth it from the player's perspective.
  • zadkielmodelerzadkielmodeler Member Posts: 20

4 new NPC's and an extra 4 hours of gameplay for $20+ dollars. Its simply not worth it from the player's perspective.

If this is all I would be getting, I could spend time and browse online for mods that add this much content.

Up your game, the players deserve better than this drivel.

• KogornKogorn Member Posts: 104
    Are there any updates for this list? It's been quite awhile and I'm not sure how contractual limitations have changed/evolved, if at all.
  • ChaosRiderChaosRider Member Posts: 26
    edited July 2016
    In my opinion BGEE & BG2EE lacks of:

1. Races:

After so long time we need more races like:
    Half Demon (only evil)
    Half Angel (only good)
    Azer (50% less from fire, 50% more from cold)
    http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Azer
    Ogre (more str/con, less dex/int/char, can use 2h weapons as 1h)
    Giant (unable to use small weapons, because its too smal for them :D, can use 2h sword (and other 2 weapons) with shield)
    Duergar (can't be good, more str, less dex? 20-50% res for magic (or make it depence of lvl)?)
    Drow (more dex, less charisma)
    Kobolt (becuse why not :D)
    Moon Elv (more charisma, less str, high magic resistance, less con than normal elv)
    Goblin
    Orc
    Hobgoblin (ow come on! We need more options for evil one :P!)
    Xvart
    Vampire (option for every possible other race (likes kits in classes)).

As for a bonuses and minuses you have here only examples quickly invented.

2. Classes

NWN have it a lot, Im not telling you to create exactly same (but it's for sure a good place to look for an ideas or inspiration :D)

3. Items types
    We needs more 2h weapons (2h axe, 2h hammer (more 2h types of weapons :D)) and also double sword (2 attacks more per round, worse thaco :P)!

Double sword (like Illidan from Warcraft 3)/axe or other double weapons which will increase number of attacks but deacrease thaco a bit (and block second hand, so unallow using shield).

4. Portraits

5. Items editor - to create your own mods much easier.

6. Change minimal charisma for paladin class from 17 to 16 ;D...

7. Allow evil alignment for stalker (ranger kit), because this kit/class can use backstab.
    Post edited by ChaosRider on
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    This list could use some updating ... not just regarding IWD:EE but we all know you guys have the rights to PS:T, as evident from all those recycled assets in SoD :V
    MateoFrozen
  • sorcerinsorcerin Member Posts: 58
    edited January 2021
    Post edited by sorcerin on
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    sorcerin wrote: »
    Is it possible to convert the executables to 64-bit?

In the near future, MacOS will only support 64-bit apps. I would hate to lose the ability to play these games.

Beamdog is working on it, AFAIK.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    Pretty sure the switch to 64bit has happened already on the IE games.
    CrevsDaak