Skip to content

Downloader Known issues

Comments

• hornaphornap Member Posts: 29
    Not sure, if it is relevant, but one problem with installer. I am trying run it on linux via wine, but dotNET 3.5 don't work properly.
    In case, there won't be linux version soon, any chance for wine friendly installer?
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Hey Kerozewok, do you know the story of the guy nobody listens to.
    NymMoondown
  • KerozevokKerozevok Member Posts: 695
    edited November 2012
    Life is short man, I will not wait till Christmas.

And please make a donation to spellholdstudios.net with my 20$, it's for the work of Ascension64 & Erephine.
  • TrentOsterTrentOster Administrator, Developer Posts: 433
    We've had excessive server load and a bit of a spammy client. We've made the client a little more polite. It is now happier.

-Trent
    lordkimMoira
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    Did you try to send a mail to support@beamdog.com??
  • hornaphornap Member Posts: 29
    Yes! : )
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @Kerozevok

Usually when I have to delete so many posts from the same user a ban is quick to follow.
    Sulla
  • vorticanvortican Member Posts: 206
    edited November 2012
    FYI @TrentOster, ad for pre-ordering Baldur's Gate still says, "Pre-order for the next 3 days" but shows on details page that it launches on November 28. Might want to correct that.

Edit: we all need more wine. Wine is good. I'll have a glass or three when I get home.
  • dlmonninkdlmonnink Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    I have a proxy here at work and it's the only internet I got, can't use either standalone installer or beamdog client to download.

Any idea on how I get around this?

BeamDog.Launcher.exe Information: 0 : 2012/11/28 12:12:44 PM Launcher version 1.9.4.0 starting up
    Args:
    IsAdmin: True
    BeamDog.Launcher.exe Warning: 0 : 2012/11/28 12:12:47 PM Error checking for upgrade package, retrying.
    System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required.
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
    at BeamDog.FetchRequest.RunState.GotResponseBg(IAsyncResult ar)
    BeamDog.Launcher.exe Information: 0 : 2012/11/28 12:12:56 PM Shutting down.
    BeamDog.Launcher.exe Information: 0 : 2012/11/28 12:12:56 PM Shut down with exit code: 0.
    rade package, retrying.
    System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required.
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
    at BeamDog.FetchRequest.RunState.GotResponseBg(IAsyncResult ar)
    BeamDog.Launcher.exe Information: 0 : 2012/11/28 8:40:36 AM Shutting down.
    BeamDog.Launcher.exe Information: 0 : 2012/11/28 8:40:36 AM Shut down with exit code: 0.
    Probably can't get by your proxy server since all your interwebz traffic is routed through a specific port. Download client (and installer, I believe) download through two specific ports which are likely blocked.
  • GeneGene Member Posts: 4
    I was about to post that I had the full pre-load yet still couldn't get the game to load. However I looked around a little and discovered that the game isn't truly available until later today. If anyone else is able to pre-load the entire 1.8gb and feels frustrated that you can't play this may be why.
  • RhondalgunRhondalgun Member Posts: 7
    I've just downloaded the game, but it have not started.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    edited November 2012
    @Rhondalgun

You need to wait 4-5 more hours until the game is activated.

EDIT: 5-6 hours actually.
  • glazikoglaziko Member Posts: 10
    I m having an issue with the beamdog client.
    It is stated that the game (Baldur's Gate : EE) is ready for download but i have a crossed circle on the right side making me unable to pre-load the game.

I have the latest versions of the client. Im using windows vista.

PS: i tries reinstalling the client : still doesnt work. Tried the stand alone client, it crashes upon launch.
  • pemapema Member Posts: 12
    I downloaded BG:EE (around 1,77 GB) via the stand-alone installer. It now says "Preload complete" but it seems I can't start the game. What do I need to do else to get the game started?
  • QumiQumi Member Posts: 7
    My preload stops at 99,8% and then both beamdog client and standalone BGEE freeze...
    Sibtos
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @pema wait for the unlock at 13h (1PM) at Edmonton, Canada.
    Oh, tks *mlnevese. I have to wait 3 more hours till there. ¬¬
    Tanthalas said:

@Rhondalgun

You need to wait 4-5 more hours until the game is activated.

EDIT: 5-6 hours actually.

Thanks @Tanthalas.
  • Silverspirit2001Silverspirit2001 Member Posts: 14
    Just getting the following, trying to download onto a secondary disc, which will be my primary disc drive when I finish building my new PC.

Output folder: F:\Program Files\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition
    Execute: F:\Program Files\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\dotnetfx35setup.exe /qb /norestart

Any Ideas?
  • TibsterTibster Member Posts: 15
    Question: I get dl speed of 15-20 kb/s, this normal? ZzzZ
  • MackinstyleMackinstyle Member Posts: 9
    Tibster said:

Question: I get dl speed of 15-20 kb/s, this normal? ZzzZ

I'm getting 20-200KB/s. Any time it begins to speed up it just drops off again. Thought the era of unstable Internet speeds was over so it feels really frustrating. Guess I'll be playing tonight instead of now.
  • pemapema Member Posts: 12
    @mlnevese thanks, I'm 8 hours in front :(
    It should be working by now. Why is this toking so long?
    It should be working by now. Why is this toking so long?
    Beamdog's game servers are being destroyed by the number of people trying to get the final download.

The forum servers are being destroyed by people complaining about not being able to get the final download.

There you go.
  • asgardirdasgardird Member Posts: 6
    ok here my problem i download the first 1.3 gig no prob with the your standalone downloader. now its telling me 1.8 so the thing is i can download for like 2 min before the programm crash then... then they are telling me debug the program or close it.... i cannot make it work
  • TehCerealKillerTehCerealKiller Member Posts: 56
    My only problem is that I can't launch the game. For some reason Right after I click play on the stand alone launcher it automatically says it encounter a problem also I am running Vista 32bit if that's relevant at all