Skip to content

General BGEE Customization Pre V2.0

Comments

• GilgalahadGilgalahad Member Posts: 237
    If you're going to post this cheat crap call it a cheat not a tweak ;-/ .
    jwenhamThunder
  • csuzwcsuzw Member Posts: 48
    Is there a function to set reputation?
    Abdel_AdrianFlauschig
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    Any known way to get 'Extra Combat Info' to work in baldur.ini?
  • AdaramAdaram Member Posts: 146
    Thanks for this thread @cuv - great job!
    Cuv
  • thedemoninsidethedemoninside Member Posts: 188
    Thanks for the tweaks! You shouldn't have even dignified Gilgaheads pompous remark with a reply...
    edited November 2012
    Cuv said:

You can use either ReputationSet(*number here no quotes) or ReputationInc(*number here no quotes) - this last one can be a positive or negative number. These are in the Action.ids and can be used in scripts.

@Cuv I've tried this and it doesn't seem to be recognised. I tested the add gold function (1gp!) and that worked so I assume I was doing everything correctly. That said I don't understand the Action.ids bit?

• CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    @csuzw That action can only be used in scripts. It is not a CLUAConsole function. If you want to change your reputation, your easiest method is to follow the link to instruction for Shadowkeeper and do it to a save game. If you know how to use custom scripts, I can post a script that will do it.
    edited November 2012
    @Cuv If you could post the script that would be great, I really appreciate the help on this. What I'd ideally like is to be able to set my reputation and for it to remain static regardless of my actions (I don't intend to go round killing civilians, I'm more worried about it going up because I didn't choose the stupid/thuggish options for quests) but I'm assuming that would require a more involved fix/mod?
  • LanatirLanatir Member Posts: 33
    Guys like this Gilgahad are whats wrong with the internet.
    semiticgoddess
    edited November 2012
    @csuzw Okay, here is a simple hotkey script. I am including both a BAF and the BS. Extract and drop the REP.bs into your \00766\Scripts folder. Start the game, goto character sheet -> Customize -> Scripts -> Select it -> Done ->Back into game -> Hit the 'd' key. Your rep will increase by 2.

IF
    HotKey(D)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    ReputationInc(2)
    END
    This is a good example of a hotkey script. Simple and easy to use. You can open it in NI or DLTCEP and change the numbers or the action to whatever like and recompile and rename it. You can also take some of the scripts I have posted in the main topic and compile them to BS and use them. I would also direct anyone who is interested in scripting to visit the IESDP site to get more information. Will try to help out as I can with specific-to-BG:EE requests, but modding sites such as G3, SHS or PP you can get more specific information on general modding topics.
    csuzwFlauschigtaltamirMoradin
  • dibdib Member Posts: 384
    edited November 2012
    Shamelessly spreading this since many people, including myself, has had trouble with custom sound sets:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8868/heres-how-to-add-custom-sound-sets
    Cuv
  • GilgalahadGilgalahad Member Posts: 237
    @cuv Concedo. I didn't take the time to read your scripts properly and i was only aware of clua's being used to cheat. I don't care if people do or not, i was simply thinking the post's title might be misleading based on my limited knowledge of clua functions. My apologies to you good sir.
    Lanatir said:

Guys like this Gilgahad are whats wrong with the internet.

As for you, i wasn't aware that a politely, yet i admit, slightly sarcastic comment made me the biggest problem on the internet??? I didn't say it in anger, I did not demean cuv or swear at him and call him names...I simply made an assumption and he has proven me wrong. So your comment is asinine.
    @Gilgalahad No worries... I just ask that we all keeps things civil. Only trying to help out here on my own time:) I like the new title better anyway!!! hehe
    @Cuv I'm sorry to keep bothering you but this still isn't working. For whatever reason the attachment in your post doesn't want to let me download it - either forum glitch or Chrome. Regardless I downloaded Near Infinity, selected Tools -> Script Drop Zone. Set "Save compiled scripts as:" on Options tab to BS. I created a file in notepad called rep.baf, copying in the script above. I dropped this file onto the Script Drop Zone and it completed successfully, creating a rep.bs file. I copied this to the script directory. In game it showed up and I selected it, however when I press the "d" button nothing happens. I've gone back into the script screen and it's definitely still selected. Do you know what I'm missing?
    Hmm... wonder if you guys arent provisioned to grab files. Are you in-game with the character it is assigned to selected? sorry, kinda obvious. Hotkeys should be enabled for everyone... I am using the official release now and they work for me. I do also have my ini set with 'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1', but that shouldnt matter with a hotkey script. Can you attach it here and I will have a look.
    Yes in game and character with script selected. I also have debug mode enabled so it's not that. Can't seem to attach stuff so I guess it's a permissions thing. You can get the .baf/.bs files I'm using here (note I've modified the script slightly but I have also tried your original script):
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/77349605/rep.baf
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/77349605/rep.BS
    Looks fine... did you actually check your character sheet? What you have there SETs your rep to 6. That won't display anything in the battlelog. Try my original script which increases reputation instead. If it works... just hit 'd' three times to get to 6.
    I tried the original the script and I have checked the character sheet. My reputation stays resolutely stuck at 10.
    @csuzw I sent you a private message.
  • ArchaonArchaon Member Posts: 24
    I don't know if this might bet a good thread to ask, should probably create a new one, but I desperately want to change alignment to be able to use Drizzt's Twinkle with my Blade Bard! I made him Chaotic Neutral and now I want Chaotic Good. Is there a way to edit the alignment in a character file or something? The few BG1 trainers I tried don't work with BGEE!
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    edited December 2012
    @Archaon You can use Shadowkeeper for that. There's a walkthrough of how to enable it here.
    Archaon
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    What is the address for the Override folder? I'm not finding it, and it's been a long time since I played this game. Do I have to create it, as I did the Portraits folder?
    @Lemernis Yes, it should go into your 00766 folder.
  • SheneriSheneri Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys! I've enabled the debugmode since the console when hitting ctrl + spacebar IG is working well (I've tried to create money to make sure it worked, and it does) but somehow, I can't make work the
    ctrl + 8 when creating a new character, and this is really annoying.

Any ideas?
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited December 2012
    Thanks!

I tried going with the original portrait of Viconia, but it was starting to bug me, lol. This looks a little better:

Aluka
    That's a nice one. Looks a fair bit like the one I'm using, think it was @Miloch who created it:
  • Saber_ScorpionSaber_Scorpion Member Posts: 8
    @Cuv
    Cuv said:

5.Custom Soundsets

For those wishing to use some BG2 soundsets in addition to what was shipped, it is not too hard.

- Extract the soundset you want to use with any of a number of tools from BG2 (NI, DLTCEP, WinBIFF, etc)
    - Rename the next to the last character to 7. ie: FEMALE2A becomes FEMALE7A
    - Do this for the entire series of sounds A-Z
    - Drop into your \Data\00766\lang\en_US\sounds (or whichever language folder your game uses)
    - Start up the game -> Character Record page -> Customize -> Sounds -> Select FEMALE7 -> Done -> Done
    Done!

If you would like to add in a custom listing for your sound, you can check out this; thread from @dib

More stuff to come.
    This does not work for me. I renamed all of my wav files to FEMALE7 as indicated, and I still have the same problem: the sounds play fine in the character creation screen, but do not play when you actually select the character in the game. Have you tested for this issue?

Perhaps there are some file properties I need to change?
    These exact sound files worked fine in normal BG1 & BG2, however.
    @Saber_Scorpion Yes, you wanna be a guinea pig for a small mod that installs Portraits, Sounds, Characters and Scripts?
    Hmmm.... problem with sounds now too. Something has changed. Will update when I know more.