Skip to content

Game Patch: 1.0.2008 *UPDATE: Crash Reports!*

Comments

• BorsookBorsook Member Posts: 152
    greatness said:

I feared updating with the patch. Before, I could run in Windows 95 compatibility mode and the game ran great, now, every single compatibility mode doesn't work. I get the white screen on each one. Is there a way I can go back to what I had?

Looks like you have the same problem as me. Run it in window mode then switch to fullscreen and it should be fine. But before closing come back to window, it can't start in fullscreen.
  • BorsookBorsook Member Posts: 152
    Kristie83 said:

@mlnevese How does on edit a .ini file?

open it in notepad. e.g. right click and choose open with.
  • DrGermDrGerm Member Posts: 29
    FYI, this does not fix the "the game does not even start" bug
    sirchetWorldscar
  • AndtalathAndtalath Member Posts: 23
    I really hope they focus on fixing their NPCs.
    Both Rasaad and Neera broke for me last time, that is simply less then fun, especially since Rasaad is the worst character power-whise ever (due to him being a low-level monk in a game which is not based on that).
    sarevok57
  • Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
    Hi,
    Since latest patch I can't use our letters: é, á, ö, ü, ő, ű, í, ú, ó.
    A save game name of mine changed from "é" to "@".
    Letters used in Hungary.
    Bye,
    ermoMystrelolien
  • CriticalDamageCriticalDamage Member Posts: 13
    Can someone please send me a link for the patch? i can't download it via launcher
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 278
    You must have the game installed under the same directory than when it was downloaded. I moved it to another folder to play, and couldn't get the patch (the launcher wanted to download everything again). When I moved back the game to the original folder where it was downloaded, the launcher recognized the game and said "update available". After that I got the patch. Hope this helps ;)
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862

Can someone please send me a link for the patch? i can't download it via launcher

There is no such thing as a separately downloadable patch. Everything goes through the launcher.
  • Kristie83Kristie83 Member Posts: 259

@Kristie83 - I found a way to change the windowed resolution, but the only way, it seems, to change the fullscreen res at the moment, is to change your desktop res.

Now since the game plays in fullscreen at the same res as your desktop, I think we can assume that the resolution you're using isn't the problem. If the desktop displays, then the game should too.

Also, have you turned off V-Sync and Triple Buffering in your Catalyst Control Centre? Its worth trying. :)

That just leaves a driver issue. It seems like you might be one of the few people where an updated driver has introduced a problem, rather than fixing it. A rollback may at least get more info on the problem ( does it re-occur, is it worse/better etc ).

I rolled back my drivers and things seem to be a lot more stable. I've played twice today for more than an hour each time with no crashing! Thanks for the advice.
    mlneveseDecrepitDragonermo
    Necdilzor said:

You must have the game installed under the same directory than when it was downloaded. I moved it to another folder to play, and couldn't get the patch (the launcher wanted to download everything again). When I moved back the game to the original folder where it was downloaded, the launcher recognized the game and said "update available". After that I got the patch. Hope this helps ;)

I haven't done such thing. I "can" download it but it just freezes and I've been trying for days already..the worse thing is that i'm stuck and I need the patch to play..u.u
    If someone sees a link or something please let me know :S

There is no such thing as a separately downloadable patch. Everything goes through the launcher.
    Well to bad for me, i'm stuck and I can't download the patch from the luncher..so if there is any news about it please let me know..i'm getting kinda angry tbh u.u
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I know I'm not going to make any friends by saying this, but... Have you tried just reinstalling the game? It could be that a file was corrupted in the transfer that's somehow disabling the updates from coming through.

But first, try deleting the 00766.beam and 00766.status files (they should be in Program Files\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data) and then open the launcher again. That should prompt an update to the latest patch; if it doesn't, a reinstall might be in order.
    ermo
    @Aosaw The patch is already available through the luncher. The thing is that the download freezes and i have to restart it. I'll try anyway..
    Is it too much of an inconvenience to have a link or to use the website for showing (and downloading) the patches? using the launcher seems like more work than necessary xd I, of course, don't know anything about it..just a thought.
    I'll try what you said! ^^
    @CriticalDamage
    Post or PM me your results and what you tried; it might expose something I hadn't thought of yet.
  • BohseBohse Member Posts: 2
    I'm still have some minor bugs occurring.
    1. When i select a character, I have to wait for his voice response to be over before moving him.
    2. My game crashes now and then, when I save my game(though it's rare).
    3. My NPC(Edwin) with ranged(sling) weapon keeps walking up to the enemy, when attacking through the auto-attack, like if he had a melee weapon. It keeps getting him killed.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited December 2012
    @Bohse, RE: point 3, did you make sure his script is set to one of the wizard scripts?

Someone else told me that their thief (Imoen, is this case) would never use a ranged weapon, instead they kept walking up to the enemy and were subsequently killed. It turned out that they didn't have the ranged script selected.
  • BohseBohse Member Posts: 2
    @Troodon80
    No I haven't, didn't know that was an option... But thanks, will try it later!
    I did however have Imoen early on and she didn't do it, but maybe she had been scripted correctly from the beginning by default?!
  • IgnatiusIgnatius Member Posts: 624
    I installed the patch (running BG:EE on XP, Intel graphics platform). What it did for me was prevent very annoying game freezes (and subsequent PC crashes) which used to always happen in Nashkel - out of the few places I had visited. It did not however help about the lagging or screen flickering when picking certain items in the inventory screen.
  • BeastmanBeastman Member Posts: 42
    perhaps the ddraw-fix for original infinity games helps against flickering? just an idea, has to be tested...
  • IgnatiusIgnatius Member Posts: 624
    Beastman said:

perhaps the ddraw-fix for original infinity games helps against flickering? just an idea, has to be tested...

I am not familiar with this, could you be more specific? cheers.

• BeastmanBeastman Member Posts: 42
    Ignatius said:

Beastman said:

I am not familiar with this, could you be more specific? cheers.

Sure: http://bitpatch.com/ie_ddrawfix.html

As i said: i don't know if it works with BG:EE but it does for original BGs and PS:T
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Necdilzor said:

I moved it and I never had this issue.
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    elminster said:

Necdilzor said:

I moved it and I never had this issue.
    I'm guessing @Necdilzor may have neglected to change the path to the new location in the launcher?
  • sirchetsirchet Member Posts: 14
    I would just like to actually SEE the launcher.

I double click on the desktop icon and NOTHING!

Is there a fix in store for the games that simply WILL NOT START?
  • theoricustheoricus Member Posts: 115
    Any rumors about releasing next patch with some in-game bug fixes?
  • Prince_DamienPrince_Damien Member Posts: 18
    theoricus said:

Any rumors about releasing next patch with some in-game bug fixes?

Have not seen any. But then again, was not long ago we got a patch so could take a little while.
    Although, the game just released. All new games do come with some bugs that needs to be fixed.
    Give it some time and it will work out sooner or later. But lets hope they do it sooner then later. -hehe-
  • Blakes7Blakes7 Member Posts: 83
    edited December 2012
    Can I download patch outside of launcher? Using beamdog client tries to download whole game again, probably because I changed directory ~ any way to specify the directory from the client rather than directory 0706 etc
    Post edited by Blakes7 on
    Blakes7 said:

Can I download patch outside of launcher?

No link at all if that's what you are asking. I've been looking for the patch everywhere and nothing and there is no sign of any change. I want a simple link..what's wrong with that? u_u
    If you find anything, please let me know.
    I could be wrong, but I believe it's part of the measure to prevent piracy (as in, you can't patch the game if it's not a legit copy). But the launcher needs to be fixed if it's not working for everybody.
  • seasea Member Posts: 65
    edited December 2012
    Kristie83 said:

I have had some crashes, but I am unable to locate this "crash" folder, nor do I see any .dmp files. I would like to send these in as requested in order to help out, but I can't if I can't find them.

Same. I have had a few crashes since the update, no DMP files were created though. I'll keep an eye out in any case.

This discussion has been closed.