Skip to content

FAQ #1 [Archive]

Comments

• IkonNavrosIkonNavros Member Posts: 227
    since that question is not Really 100% answered - do we finally got higher resolution support without the need to get some special eyeglasses to make all things larger? Zoom or upscaling? Magic? - whatever :D
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738

Will the BG EE be able to perform multi-player with the original games if the additional quests are not explored.

Well, PhillipDaigle can give you a definitive answer, but since they're reworking multi-player to fix it and BGEE will be using the BG2/ToB engine, I think its very likely that it won't work with the original BG1.
  • Lions_fanLions_fan Member Posts: 19
    What about graphic updates? If at least not to the dungeons, to the character models and animations?

[And at the very least, those distracting squiggly line circles on characters that look like they're pencil-drawn lol.]
  • PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    Tanthalas said:

Will the BG EE be able to perform multi-player with the original games if the additional quests are not explored.

Well, PhillipDaigle can give you a definitive answer, but since they're reworking multi-player to fix it and BGEE will be using the BG2/ToB engine, I think its very likely that it won't work with the original BG1.
    They won't be compatible for multiplayer.
  • DeivisDeivis Member Posts: 13
    Sorry that this will take up space on an FAQ board - but I am SO EXCITED! :D
    MornmagorFaerieFire68
  • Jemand84Jemand84 Member Posts: 11
    Will the Mac version be moddable? Otherwise we'll have to stick to the Pc version and run it on Parallels, right? I guess at least most mods won't be available, right?
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    @Jemand84 - the Mac version should be identical to the PC version in terms of moddability. In fact, there are MacOS versions of mods for the original BG games too, albeit but a few. As for the availability of MacOS-compatible BG:EE mods, that will entirely depend on modders.
  • lekikinou33lekikinou33 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 129
    Good information. But for this information :
    Will the original quests be expanded?
    Updated information coming soon.
    Do you know if the mod BG1Unfinished Business will be necessary to complete the adventures uncompleted in the original game?
    Will Dark Side of the Sword Coast mod be a future expansion?
    @lekikinou33

I'm not sure what the developers will do with the unfinished quests that were fixed with the BG1 Unfinished Business mod, but I think its very unlikely that the "Dark Side of the Sword Coast" mod will be integrated into BGEE as DSotSC is, I believe, a fan made mod.

However, if DSotSC has been kept up to date, its possible that the mod will work with BGEE as the developers are trying to not not break mods. But I'm not a modder so I'm not really sure.
  • diggerbdiggerb Member Posts: 132
    Is the control scheme for ios/android more intuitive than gemrb?
  • jmanreisjmanreis Member Posts: 39
    How much zooming do you think this version will be capable of? Do you think we have seen the extent of the zooming in the screenshots?
    Since many people seem to write that the screenshots are blurry... hopefully this will be fixed until the releasedate?
  • agentmulderagentmulder Member Posts: 114
    Is pathfind fixed? I hate it on BG and BG2 (the only thing I really hate in these games)
    wonderful :D now i look even more forward for playing the enhanced edition, thanks for that great answer :D
  • RoxyFerretRoxyFerret Member Posts: 1
    For those of us who still have the original boxed game(s) with instructions and keyboard shortcuts, how compatible will they still be with the Enhanced Edition?
    Dentz
  • j0lssonij0lssoni Member Posts: 53
    Hey, first post.

Will the game's journal receive any tweaking? Although I loved and played the sh... out of BG 1 & 2 as a kid, I hated the journal with its nonexistent logic with the fury of a thousand suns. My own idea would have been a Dragon Age-style quest-based Journal with a separate "notes" section for lore, gossip etc.

Also, it says in the FAQ section that the game will use 2nd edition D&D rules. Will this include the god-awful THAC0 system, which often in the early game resulted in fights lasting 2 minutes, hoping for either party to hit even once, (think a level 1 mage with a quarter staff trying to hit the first assassin of the game with Armor cast on you).
    callimachus
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    @j0lssoni - yes, THAC0 will be there and will likely work a lot better thanks to more than a bug having been fixed about it ;-) The journal will be improved, though no details as to how have been disclosed yet.
    Jarlaxlekingcrowley
  • jedediah3jedediah3 Member Posts: 7
    This may be pretty insignificant to most, but did you guys bring all those great gem, scroll and potion bags over to BGEE? Would be sweet.
    kitstjohnGrammarsalad
  • AnduineAnduine Member Posts: 416
    This is excellent news.

Countdown: 41 days. WOOHOOO!
  • Pipe249Pipe249 Member Posts: 17
    will there be a region matchup, like if someones from England they will be matched with someone from their region? sorry if it was already asked
  • sirthaddaeussirthaddaeus Member Posts: 41

Will the original quests be expanded?
    Updated information coming soon.
    Do you know if the mod BG1Unfinished Business will be necessary to complete the adventures uncompleted in the original game?

Any word if this? Sorry if I missed it anywhere.
    immagikman
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Will we be able to burn the game/installer to disk?
  • azuritazurit Member Posts: 182
    @Lemernis yes, you will be allowed to
  • taletotelltaletotell Member Posts: 74
    But azurit, will we be able to do multiple installs without buying it multiple times? I want to put it on both my laptop and my desktop computers.
    edited August 2012
    @taletotell

Yes, you will be able to do multiple installs, you just have to activate them to complete the installation. There are no limits to the number of times you can activate the installation.
    Oxford_Guy
  • taletotelltaletotell Member Posts: 74
    Good to know.
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    Before i pick up the weapon from ground , can i see its statistics (Roughly) first ? In BG2 , if i don't take the item , i never know how the weapon's level.
This discussion has been closed.