Skip to content

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition is OUT NOW!

1101112131416»

Comments

• PortwillsPortwills Member Posts: 10
    Hi I just wanna say im so happy to play baldur's gate again, nice job thanks
    adjHeasGodKaiserHell
  • BAXEBAXE Member Posts: 4
    OK this is garbage i hit play error and crash, go to baldur.exe and it says i have signed out of the beamdog player please sign in and try again, then it says application corrupt and closes, can someone please help me out here i still haven't even gotten to play yet and have downloaded uninstalled and re downloaded 4 times!
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Ok, playing now, but a fact i noticed that get me a ...bit upset... The albert children in the cloud peak mountains that ask you to get his dog for him.

I had Dorn in my (evil) party. Dorn didn't speech a single word when i first meet Albert, couldn't he feel the fucking demonic aura? It's the First and ONLY demon on the game without the Tales of Sword Coast content. And even after everything is said, dorn don't make a fucking comment about the event... damn i don't know if he can interact with the old content (this can be done without modifying it) but he could at least MAKE SOME COMMENTS after Albert leave, taking in fact he's a blackguard and all...
  • ArveragusArveragus Member Posts: 62
    Have secured a full download and the game works. So far so good. Many thanks :)
  • halldors78halldors78 Member Posts: 4
    great game, couldn't play it because of my computer, and then finally got into rpg games with Oblivion and have been hooked since, been playing neverwinternights 1 lately and its great. and just started this one and its great, realy wish i had a time off tomorrow and not work, and realy wished now i was 20 again like when it came first out so i could have more time because of work and wife and kids. but great work, and i dont understand some people, thinking this would be a new BG1 or something, its enhanced edition, and the graphics are good i have to say, and they arent the most important things, i started with sinclair spectrum so i should know. but thanx alot, and have a great time everyone
    sunset00
  • nptitimnptitim Member Posts: 111
    I complained earlier so I thought I would put out an update. Got the game downloaded this evening successfully and the best news, at least for me, is that my computer plays it fine with no apparent glitches so I am happy. Thanks for the hard work on it.
    AndyM
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    kamuizin said:

I had Dorn in my (evil) party. Dorn didn't speech a single word when i first meet Albert, couldn't he feel the fucking demonic aura? It's the First and ONLY demon on the game without the Tales of Sword Coast content. And even after everything is said, dorn don't make a fucking comment about the event... damn i don't know if he can interact with the old content (this can be done without modifying it) but he could at least MAKE SOME COMMENTS after Albert leave, taking in fact he's a blackguard and all...

What could he possibly say? I guess something along the lines: "Hmm..."
    He despises helping the weak, but this is a "fucking" devil (not demon). So, not really weak.
    Shall he attack the devil based on the blood war (demons vs. devils) base?

If the developers pondered all quests like this on the basis of WDWS (What Dorn Would Say), also the other 2 npcs, they wouldn't have finished this year.
    GodKaiserHell
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited November 2012
    @mlnevese, thank you kindly, even less to complain about :). After taking a quick look, I think I'll edit the files to stop it at level 12-15 (1210000). I don't want to overlap into the abilities, but I also don't want to make it too easy going into BG2.

Okay, so after completing my first run and finally getting back the the menu screen, I got an AppHang.

Description:
    A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
    Application Name: Baldur.exe
    Application Version: 0.1.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 50b66b64
    Hang Signature: 12c4
    Hang Type: 0
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 6153
    Additional Hang Signature 1: 12c415b75aab15d1be4f9885f7c40be6
    Additional Hang Signature 2: 646d
    Additional Hang Signature 3: 646d2c20266a4c3b5a4066cc1b1f9558
    Additional Hang Signature 4: 12c4
    Additional Hang Signature 5: 12c415b75aab15d1be4f9885f7c40be6
    Additional Hang Signature 6: 646d
    Additional Hang Signature 7: 646d2c20266a4c3b5a4066cc1b1f9558
    Since it is only the main menu, it is more of an inconvenience rather than an actual problem.

That's the only error I've had while playing.
    Post edited by Troodon80 on
  • PortwillsPortwills Member Posts: 10
    :D
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    The game is perfect. I had no problems so far. Haters gonna hate, as the saying goes, but you have done a great job and I love you for that. :)
  • TelemakusTelemakus Member Posts: 12
    the nostalgia is great
  • Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
    Hi,
    I installed the new version of BG:EE Launcher, and since after I can't go past the Please wait... screen. The game crushes, with the ERROR MESSAGE: Launcher has encountered problems and it has to stop. How can I remove the new launcher quickly? How can I return to not patched state with 2nd computer already patched? Pls. help, I dedicated this day to play with my wife.

Expected behavior: the Game should work with the new Launcher now updated.

Failure:
    The not working machine has WinXP, 3rd Service Pack. I couldn't download the patch. Only the new Launchers. (It asked me two times.)
    The 2nd computer is Win7, I could download the patch there, and there was no problem.

Thanks for your quick answer
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Sese79, is it just the launcher/installer that that is giving you trouble, or is it the game? If it is just the launcher, then try running the game directly (bypass the launcher).

Alternatively, if that doesn't work, since the problem arose on the XP machine, try copying all the data from the installers' main directory (including the game itself which should now be patched) on the Win7 machine over to the XP computer.
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,146
    I am so pleased to be able to play such an awesome update to my favorite game. I love how fast it runs, loads, saves. The UI and all of its improvements look great. I've gotten a little spoiled by having ease-of-use mod and Shadow Keeper for so many years, but it looks like there are already work a rounds to get those working. This is truly a great day for classic games! Now bring on BG2... And Icewind Dale (and I wouldn't complain if someone updated the Gold Box games either!)
  • howtofightaraptorhowtofightaraptor Member Posts: 23
    edited December 2012
    Hey Guys, decided to do a lets play of BG:EE. Could I get some friendly critic/likes on my first upload? Anyone with previous LP experience, or even just a good feel for LP's would be greatly appreciated :)

mch202
  • MartyMarty Member Posts: 27
    @jmanreis I actually just changed the download directory in the BeadmDog client, and it just automatically deleted the whole game from my PC. Did this by mistake obviously.
    You should have a file called "uninst" in the folder you installed BGEE to. Hope it helps.
  • TrompetteTrompette Member Posts: 2
    Thanks you Overhaul for getting me in the sword coast again! Your job to clear out the dust is great, and thank you for placing Baldur's Gate on the map again! I hope this will lead for more "new" contents. Baldur's Gate is a timeless masterpiece, but a painfull one to install with the 5 cds, the mods, the patch, the bugs, but now its just perfect! Installed in 5 sec, and rerfreshed with new lovable contents, i'm the happyest gamer in Montreal.
    Djimmy
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    ... Baldur's Gate is a timeless masterpiece...

Indeed, it is. :)
    MikkaG
  • BrightNightBrightNight Member Posts: 36
    The best Rpg ever, is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!
  • DevelishThiefDevelishThief Member Posts: 6
    asuzu said:

Is it possible to kill Drizzt and take his weapons here???

Well?

• toshirotoshiro Member Posts: 113
    Yes you can kill him, though at a low lvl could take you several times to do it
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?topic=7809.0

Killing him when he is legit is even better.
  • machizianmachizian Member Posts: 3
    Hello, my game also crashes when I try to play. I pushed Alt+Enter and restart and else, but the error remains. Have you got another idea, please? Thanks!
  • ScytheKnightScytheKnight Member Posts: 220
    I do machizian... Support Forums.
    Thanks Scythe. Is this a good place to comment a solution?? It is possible players has DirectDraw disabled. They can check it writing Dxdiag on Start > Search... and go to Display / Screen. If it is the problem, you can fix it, actualizing DirectX up to 11. If it doesn't work, you can look for a video driver (it depends of your kind of computer, for example, I wrote on Google "video driver acer aspire d270"... and install it. Bye!

p.d.: I'm going to write it down in Spanish forum too
    Thanks Scythe. Is this a good place to comment a solution?? It is possible players has DirectDraw disabled. They can check it writing Dxdiag on Start > Search... and go to Display / Screen. If it is the problem, you can fix it, actualizing DirectX up to 11. If it doesn't work, you can look for a video driver (it depends of your kind of computer, for example, I wrote on Google "video driver acer aspire d270"... and install it. Bye!

p.d.: I'm going to write it down in Spanish forum too