Skip to content

BGEE Mod Compatibility Thread

Comments

• agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    @Mykra Did you delete your override folder and reinstall all your mods after the 2012 patch? I'm using exotic items and don't have that problem, just checked quiver and bag of plenty.
  • MykraMykra Member Posts: 252
    edited January 2013
    agris said:

@Mykra Did you delete your override folder and reinstall all your mods after the 2012 patch? I'm using exotic items and don't have that problem, just checked quiver and bag of plenty.

Edit:

Whoops, I'm dumb. I forgot I was using the BG Armor and Weapons pack as well. I'm guessing that they clash somehow on the exotic items, as BG:EE and just the tweaks and all the items work fine. BG:EE, tweaks, and the packs and I get the string errors.

Post edited by Mykra on
  • mormor Member Posts: 16
    agris said:

little on/off topic tips from my experience as gamer since the the 90s, I learned that:
    1. You always want to waste few seconds to change your game path to c:\games\yourgame. This way It is much quicker/simpler to track and update your games(especially if you use mods!!) and avoid the whole permission issue since vista for program files...
    2. When modding always make backup of your game after applying all the patches, this way you are going to save ALOT of time each time a new update or mod comes your way.
  • RasekovRasekov Member Posts: 59
    I was just thinking, since the first post is really outdated and it's a lot of work for only one person to keep track of all possible mods, wouldn't it be better if we asked overhaul for an "official" bg wiki where we all(or just mod authors) could contribute?

That would help specially new players/players who aren't used to mod since a single page with all the info, links, instructions, ... on how to get an specific mod working plus an index of mods ordered by category would be far more "noob friendly" than having to search 3-4 pages for the mods plus several threads in those forums for instructions and compatibility with BGEE.

Just an idea.
    SarikadujaStradlinEudaemonium
  • kimmuryielkimmuryiel Member Posts: 89
    If you need more beta testers for NPC Project, I can get you a couple :)
    edited January 2013
    Rasekov said:

wouldn't it be better if we asked overhaul for an "official" bg wiki where we all(or just mod authors) could contribute?

There are already at least two wikis, this one seems to be the most active:
    http://baldursgategame.wikia.com/wiki/Baldurs_Gate_Wiki
  • RasekovRasekov Member Posts: 59
    mor said:

Rasekov said:

wouldn't it be better if we asked overhaul for an "official" bg wiki where we all(or just mod authors) could contribute?

There are already at least two wikis, this one seems to be the most active:
    http://baldursgategame.wikia.com/wiki/Baldurs_Gate_Wiki
    Yes, but that's why I said "official". Right now there is no wiki that I could find with info on BGEE mods, we could choose one of the existing ones by ourselves but different people will have different opinion on which one to use, and since it would be a fan made one what reason would have mod authors to help keep it up to date when there are already other websites/forums for that?

If overhaul gave us one and said "this is the official BGEE modding wiki, please add your projects here and help keep it up to date" there wouldn't be a debate on what wiki to use and I think most authors would use it.

Just my opinion of course.
    Its not the modders you need to convince, but the couple of people who keep this up. The benefit of a wiki over a forum is that others can step in and help and you have more tools to organize things, but imo something like this http://www.shsforums.net/files/ works better.
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    edited January 2013
    <.<; Anyone hear anything from @Ardanis about that updated DR? Occasional "Still working on it" would be awesome...

I LOVE YOU AND APPRECIATE YOUR WORK BEING DONE1!11!11! D<
    Kamigoroshi
  • StradlinStradlin Member Posts: 142
    Any word/updates on Stratagems or NPC Project?

Has anyone considered cannibaliazing EE and moving (some) of new content and fixes it introduced to BG Tutu/BGT environment? < - Not ment as passive agressive diss to BG:EE in any way; I think it is awesome. It's just that there is a decade and a half's worth of community creations out there. Taking new content and some of the EE:d parts of BG:EE and making them compatible with Tutu/BUGT sounds like less work than doing it the other way around. I'm not a modder and know very little of IE modding so mayhaps I'm plain wrong.
    Fina92
  • ChenowynChenowyn Member Posts: 3
    I'm most hungry for the NPC Project. I've never played BG1, only BG2/ToB and I MISS NPC interaction. My party is so darn quiet.. Anybody know if Berelinde is working on a BG:EE compatible Gavin? Or are there other ones available?
    XavioriaFina92
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    Stradlin said:

Any word/updates on Stratagems or NPC Project?

Yes, DavidW, the mod author said "a week or two, *maybe*": http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/240218#Comment_240218
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    NPC Project and Gavin: patience, I say. It will happen.
    XavioriaFina92
    Patience is not my most prevalent virtue... so I ordered the old disc set off Amazon last week when I noticed none of the mods I wanted were for EE yet. Only now I have to wait for the mail man :( Its like waiting for Christmas morning all over again!
  • Arsene_LupinArsene_Lupin Member Posts: 181
    The hell? GOG, man. GOG.
    edited January 2013
    Ok, possibly sounding ignorant now but what is GOG?
    *EDIT* Google to the rescue, I've answered my own question. Well doh. If I'd known that a couple weeks ago...
  • DrEastDrEast Member Posts: 113
    The only two mods I really need are divine remix and SCS. Good that SCS is coming out soon, but do we have any recent intel on DR?
  • MitchBurns09MitchBurns09 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    Um I have no 00766 or whatever folder everything else in the instructions are fine
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @MitchBurns do you have the Steam version? It has a different folder structure.
  • HooHoo Member Posts: 128
    Does anyone test Spell Revision at BG:EE? I wonder whether some problem occurs when current SR is installed in BG:EE... I really want to play BG:EE with SR/IR. :(
  • MykraMykra Member Posts: 252
    Just wondering after a thread today, I couldn't find an update anywhere but did the issues with things like 2H Bastard Swords and the Shapeshifter Rebalance get sorted out for BG:EE?
  • JamesJames Member Posts: 110
    Hoo said:

Does anyone test Spell Revision at BG:EE? I wonder whether some problem occurs when current SR is installed in BG:EE... I really want to play BG:EE with SR/IR. :(

Looks like spell and item revisions are .... Mostly compatible if you use mike1072s slightly updated version if you go to gibberlings 3 and check out their forums you,ll see what I mean
  • AlhoonAlhoon Member Posts: 9
    edited February 2013
    Guys, just posting to give witness to the fact that everything I tried with guidance from the forum posters worked, and considering what I had to do, I had big chances for it not to.
    This means: if I did it, so can you.

I was playing BGEE on a non-jb iPad2, and wanted not only to backup my saves, but also to correct a mistake I made while assigning proficiencies to Sir Charname the Cavalier.

1)
    - borrowed a PC version of Beamdog's BGEE (it was a pre-patch one, and the fact that I had a post-patch one on the iPad didn't matter). (To those -rightly- asking from whom I borrowed it, relax: I'm not playing on it, just using it as a bridge for Shadowkeeping the one I bought for iPad. I support the devs.)
    - Installed it on my virtual machine running XP and got it running.
    - Just started a new game, made a character, saved the game and exported the character, to make sure the standard directories would all be there.

2)
    - Downloaded SK 2.1.4.

3)
    - Downloaded ifunbox. (Check Aosaw's great post up there.)
    - Used it to access the iPad game library, then copied "baldur.ini", "characters", and "save" to my Mac. Then dragged them to my Parallels VM.
    - Simply dumped them over the PC ones in "...Documents\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\". This effectively reproduced in there whatever I had going on in the iPad.
    - Ran it, to make sure it was correctly opening the saves I would want to SK.

4)
    - In the "...Program Files\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\" directory, my tree had no "00766" directory after "Data". Also, "Lang" was just lying there next to "Data". Hmm.
    - I had no idea if SK needed to interact with anything else besides the files baldur.ini and dialog.tlk, and the folders "characters" and "save", so I did it the very stupid way:

- Copied "dialog.tlk" from Lang "lang\en_us\" (or whatever language), and dumped it into the root directory itself. (By root I mean "...Program Files\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\" )

- Also pasted into the root directory the same "baldur.ini", "characters", and "save" I had recently dumped into "...Documents\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\". (I know... this means I just indirectly got my iPad material into the root directory. Doesn't matter. It worked.)

5)
    - Opened SK and set the installation directory to the root directory itself. OKed everything, and there it was.
    - Opened save game file, looked for the savegame I wanted to fix, opened it.
    - Fixed my proficiencies. (Yay!)
    - Saved as whatever different name I wanted. (Let's just call it 1800-YAY)
    - Closed SK and opened the save folder ::in the root directory::, and found my new savegame folder 000001800-YAY.
    - Opened it, and MADE SURE all files inside it where in CAPS. I had to manually adjust "baldur.gam" and "default.toh" to "BALDUR.GAM" and "DEFAULT.TOH". Big deal.
    - Dragged 000001800-YAY back into the Mac world, and used ifunbox to add this folder to the save directory into my iPad.
    - Ate a donut.

Worked like a charm.
    Thanks to all, especially Aosaw and CamDawg.

PS: This post also might feel at home in http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/11504/transferring-bgee-saves-to-ipad , but I think this thread is more active and deals with the toughest half of what I had to do.
    Post edited by Alhoon on
    Fafnirlunar
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    Any news about new version of Unfinished Bussiness?
    HaHaCharadeMiridor
  • HighborneHighborne Member Posts: 22
    I have just reinstalled BGEE after new updates on my new computer, went through the how to install mods thread (made backup of chitin, and linked folder through command).

I downloaded BG Tweak Pack and installed into my 00766 folder.

Running the installer for it and applying changes constantly gives me an error (it didn't before on my old comp). Says:

ERROR: COPY ~sw1h01.itm~ ~override/cdt00060.g3~ FAILED: cannot open target
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Weapon Animation Tweaks], rolling back to previous state
    Will Uninstall 1 files for [BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKSTP2] component 60
    Uninstalled 1 files for [BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKSTP2] component 60
    ERROR: Sys_error("override/cdt00060.g3:No such file or directory")

Anyone know how to fix this?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Highborne Create an override folder before installing you first mod.
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    edited March 2013
    RR 4.60 has been released. Link. More appropriate link. This version is as BGEE compatible as RR is going to get, short of a functional PickPocketFailed() trigger.
    Post edited by Wisp on
    GraoumfLordsDarkKnight185JamesEudaemonium
  • GraoumfGraoumf Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 312
    Wisp said:

RR 4.60 has been released. Link. More appropriate link. This version is as BGEE compatible as RR is going to get, short of a functional PickPocketFailed() trigger.

And translations are fully compatible too! Thanks Wisp. :)
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    Wisp said:

Finally, proper bards. Thank you! T.T
  • islandkingislandking Member Posts: 426
    edited March 2013
    Hi, everyone, I really need help to get CLUA Console working
    I have already changed the ini file located in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition to the following

CREATE TABLE options (
    section string,
    name string,
    value string
    );
    INSERT INTO options ROWS (
    'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',
    'Window', 'Full Screen', '1',

But nothing happens when i press Ctrl+space, other hotkeys work fine though
    I am using XP sp3, where goes wrong?
    Please Help!/(ㄒoㄒ)/~~

Also I tryed shadowkeeper method, it does not work either....