Skip to content

A guide to new magic items in BG:EE *SPOILERS*

Comments

• toanwrathtoanwrath Member Posts: 621
    edited January 2013
    Double post, whoops
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Unlikely, since the NPC is older than the Axe (which was added in EE). The old game inspired the NPC which inspired the weapon in EE, perhaps. We shall never know.
    toanwrath
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    BTW I don't think Buckley's Bucker gives +1 AC (apart from the normal +1 to non-piercing/missile), just +1 Con
    toanwrathajwz

BTW I don't think Buckley's Bucker gives +1 AC (apart from the normal +1 to non-piercing/missile), just +1 Con

Yep, just a buckler of +1 Con. Also, they fixed the infinite healing bug that the buckler used to have. Not sure if this has been noted or not yet, just mentioning.

ajwzOxford_Guy
  • pcmodempcmodem Member Posts: 16
    Just noticed something last night...

Is there more than one kind of Arrow of Fire?

Found a half-dozen Arrows of Fire +2 .

These say they do 1-6 +2 physical and 1-6 fire damage.

If memory serves, the usual Arrow of Fire does 1-6 physical and 1-6 fire damage.

Hopefully the numbers are correct, don't have the game up and running now.

• PawnSlayerPawnSlayer Member Posts: 295
    pcmodem said:

If memory serves, the usual Arrow of Fire does 1-6 physical and 1-6 fire damage.

Where did you find those?
  • GlaykithGlaykith Member Posts: 14
    pcmodem said:

It's probably just an item description change from the latest patch. I loaded several older saved games and all of my arrows of fire now have the "+2" designation, so I think there's still only one item of this type.
    Corvino
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Do we have a list of the CLUA codes for all these items yet?
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Lemernis said:

I intended to add them, but too lazy atm - If someone else wants to look them all up and list them here, or pm me with the details then I will add them to the list.
    ajwz said:

Lemernis said:

I intended to add them, but too lazy atm - If someone else wants to look them all up and list them here, or pm me with the details then I will add them to the list.
    Shadowkeeper can give you the item codes, but I'm not going to go through all these myself... If there's a specific one you want to know, I can look it up, though.
    It would be a handy reference for folks who wish to test character concept/builds using the CLUA console. Just wondering if anyone had done this yet. If no one else does it, or intends to do it soon, I'll get to making such a list eventually.
    ajwz
    edited February 2013
    Lemernis said:

It would be a handy reference for folks who wish to test character concept/builds using the CLUA console. Just wondering if anyone had done this yet. If no one else does it, or intends to do it soon, I'll get to making such a list eventually.

I might give NI editor anoterh pass when the next major patch hits, and if so, I'll note the item codes as I go.

The time consuming part is making sure I note the correct BG items codes, and not the black pits versions, which can often be different.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    Kaigen said:

Just sent off a PM with all the item codes (except for the scrolls) retrieved from NI. The only one I've tested in-game is the Night Club, but that worked just fine.

Incidentally, the Night Club is bugged/has a wrong description. Currently it appears to always be a +1 hit/dam weapon, but it gives an unlisted +1 AC that increases to +2 at night.

@Kaigen
    Interesting!

I can see the +1 AC bonus in NI and an Unknown(318) effect that may as well be the night AC bonus. Are you guessing as well (or testing in game) or using a better modding tool that tells you what Unknown(318) is?
  • Erg said:

Kaigen said:

Just sent off a PM with all the item codes (except for the scrolls) retrieved from NI. The only one I've tested in-game is the Night Club, but that worked just fine.

Incidentally, the Night Club is bugged/has a wrong description. Currently it appears to always be a +1 hit/dam weapon, but it gives an unlisted +1 AC that increases to +2 at night.

@Kaigen
    Interesting!

I can see the +1 AC bonus in NI and an Unknown(318) effect that may as well be the night AC bonus. Are you guessing as well (or testing in game) or using a better modding tool that tells you what Unknown(318) is?
    Tested it in game in Candlekeep on a level 1 Druid. THAC0 stayed the same at night (confirmed with to-hit roll feedback), AC was 9 in the day, 8 at night.
    Ergtoanwrathajwz
    Kaigen said:

@Jalily may be interested in knowing about this description mismatch.
    Is it me or are there still no powerful Bastard Swords for those who want to use them regularly? Albruin is nice, but only +1 to THAC0 :-(
  • moopymoopy Member Posts: 938
    edited February 2013
    @toanwrath

Bastard swords always get the shaft. As I think @ZanathKariashi pointed out (correct me if I'm wrong).

Foebane (Edit: meant Purifier) should have a lot of the abilities / stats that the Holy Avenger has, as those are just abilities of a holy sword gets in the hands of a Paladin. But it gets the shaft.
    Post edited by moopy on
    toanwrath
    @Moopy
    Foebane is...interesting. When playing Bg2 with ToB installed (and an NPC from a mod named Haldamir, an elf filter who dual wields bastard swords ugh) I went to Watcher's Keep and cleared out level 1 right after Irenicus' Dungeom JUST so he wouldn't be completely useless using Krondor (the +3 vs shape shifters b-sword) all game. I just want one +2 b-sword thrown into BGEE, and maybe a combinable one like the equalizer or something, so that your proficiency points aren't completely wasted (except Foebane, because it I deed gets the shaft as it has few unique features besides being +5).
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Just updated the list with all the item codes for the new items. Be sure to thank @Kaigen for putting them together.
    Lemernis
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    Nah, the Purifier is the other holy sword. It currently deals +4 extra damage vs evil enemies and that's it. Where as a PnP accurate Purifier would deal extra damage vs undead equal to it's enhancement bonus, +2 all saves, and +2 to paladin level when making a turning attempt. While Carsomyr (an Avenger type holy sword) just deal extra damage equal to it's enhancement bonus vs a specific type of evil as it's unique ability. (Holy Sword benefits only apply in the hands of a Paladin (fallen paladins turn permamently into fighters, and blackguards aren't considered paladins in PnP, they're something else entirely despite some thematic similarities), they're +2 generic weapons of their type in the hands of anyone else.

The Holy Sword effect is a class feature for paladins that gives a paladin wielding ANY holy sword 50% magic resistance, the ability to dispel magic on hit equal to their class level, complete immunity to spells cast by evil caster who are lower level then the paladin, and the ability to project an special version of an anti-magic field with a 10ft radius around the paladin and suppresses the magical spells, items, and magical abilities wielded by evil creatures in the effect, if they fail a save vs spells, checked for each item/spell/effect every time they enter the field, and persists for 1 round after they leave it.

Foebane is just a bastard sword, that when upgraded casts Larloch's minor drain on every hit.
  • SenashSenash Member Posts: 405

Foebane is just a bastard sword, that when upgraded casts Larloch's minor drain on every hit.

Pls let's not forget the +1 saves, and the +6 dmg against undead, shapeshifters and extra-planar beings (which includes demons, planetars, elementals, djinnis, salamanders, so quite a lot of enemies...).

And I also second the notion of putting some decent bastard sword into the game.

• moopymoopy Member Posts: 938
    @ZanathKariashi

I meant Purifier my bad.

Purifier is a bastard sword right? Or am I calling it by the wrong name and remembering the weapon type wrong?
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    yeah, it is a bastard sword
    Night Club +1 (Thac0 +1, +2 at night, Unlisted effect: +1 AC bonus which increases to +2 at night) - in a chest in entar sivershield's garden in Baldur's gate [v1.1.2012]

I like this! Fun weapon for Thieves who want a blunt weapon, good for a Beastmaster too

As @Kaigen pointed out, it should be

Night Club +1 (Thac0 +1, Unlisted effect: +1 AC bonus which increases to +2 at night) - in a chest in entar sivershield's garden in Baldur's gate [v1.1.2012]

as the THAC0 does not increase at night.
    ajwz
  • I've reported it as a bug, we'll see what the intended behavior is. As it stands, the club is intriguing for providing an AC bonus from the weapon hand, something you can otherwise only get from Drizzt's Defender scimitar (and Xan's Moonblade). This makes it an interesting option for tanks looking to maximize their AC but who are unable to use Drizzt's scimitar, though only Jaheira has the proficiency to use it out of the box. Considering that in BG1 AC plays a significant role in preventing damage throughout the game (unlike BG2, where it quickly becomes less important than resistances, immunities, and raw HP), this is something to keep in mind.
    ErgOxford_GuyEudaemoniumCorvino
    ajwz said:

Just updated the list with all the item codes for the new items. Be sure to thank @Kaigen for putting them together.

Awesome, thanks so much!
    [Deleted User]
  • mjsmjs Member Posts: 742
    carsmoyr (spelling?) sets MR to 50%, is purifier's MR additional or does it set at 30%?