Skip to content

A guide to new magic items in BG:EE *SPOILERS*

Comments

• ZanianZanian Member Posts: 332
    edited December 2012
    I just picked up (and equipped, silly me) a cursed Katana from Krumm/Caldo in the area east of the Gnoll's Stronghold. Because of a missing/corrupt file or something, the description is missing however, so I can't say what it does at the moment.
    EDIT: After a bit of testing, it seems to randomly (and permanently) lower a random stat by 1 when you hit with it. A very cursed item indeed.
  • OssiaNOssiaN Member Posts: 16
    edited December 2012
    There's a Remove Magic scroll in the area east of the Temple. A Red Wizard named Denak has it.

One of the mages in the ice dungeon drops another one.
  • MichalsMichals Member Posts: 29
    Harrower + 1 (+1 longsword which is +3 vs undead) - Elkart in Blade and stars inn
  • DinsdalePiranhaDinsdalePiranha Member Posts: 419
    there is another Sling of Unerring Accuracy in the second floor of Splurging Sturgeon (NE area of BG), in the chest right next to the stairs.
  • AstafasAstafas Member Posts: 448
    Is it possible that Rashad's Talon can only be found the first time you enter Cloakwood 2? Could it disappear after some time due to the fact that it's on the ground? Even though I didn't explore that part of the area when I first entered Cloakwood 2, it sure isn't there now (I've looked absolutely everywhere, using Tab as well).
  • Jared4242Jared4242 Member Posts: 130
    Astafas said:

Is it possible that Rashad's Talon can only be found the first time you enter Cloakwood 2? Could it disappear after some time due to the fact that it's on the ground? Even though I didn't explore that part of the area when I first entered Cloakwood 2, it sure isn't there now (I've looked absolutely everywhere, using Tab as well).

That is exactly what happened. When you go into the cloakwood 2 for the first time, you have to go right for it, or it'll spawn. A shame really.

@jared4242, thanks, I thought so... :-/
    edited December 2012
    Someone here asked for a non-green Elven Chainmail. I've edited the standard one so it looks like a Chainmail +3. You can find it here. Download CHAN12.itm and place it in your override folder. Then import to game (as the elven chainmail hasn't been incorporated as it should yet) through CLUA Console or ShadowKeeper.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5vago8lf7sfscnm/PF5QEkjExV

Don't mind the portraits in the folder. I use to change the standard portraits a lot, since I don't like the standard ones very much.

In the folder you'll also find a Cloak of Displacement and a Claw of Kazgaroth that only show the Blur Effect for 10 seconds. That way, you avoid the legendary eye strain. :-D
    two things:
    first, new staff, innkeeper/bartender in Ulgoth's Beard sell Aule's Staff +3, haven't seen it here (or in BG1) before.

second, and I'm not sure it's new, but haven't heard of it before, it's not even on Mike's list: you can pickpocket/kill Shandalar, and he'll have quite a lot of scrolls on him, including *Emotion*, which is awesome, cos now you can have it on both your mages (I'm running with Edwin and Neera), instead the second one using the way inferior Confusion.
  • OurQuestIsVainOurQuestIsVain Member Posts: 201

two things:
    first, new staff, innkeeper/bartender in Ulgoth's Beard sell Aule's Staff +3, haven't seen it here (or in BG1) before.

second, and I'm not sure it's new, but haven't heard of it before, it's not even on Mike's list: you can pickpocket/kill Shandalar, and he'll have quite a lot of scrolls on him, including *Emotion*, which is awesome, cos now you can have it on both your mages (I'm running with Edwin and Neera), instead the second one using the way inferior Confusion.

The Staff +3 was in vanilla BGTotSC. Lotta good staff options in this game, staff +3, club staff (1-handed enchanted staff), staff of striking...

two things:

The Staff +3 was in vanilla BGTotSC. Lotta good staff options in this game, staff +3, club staff (1-handed enchanted staff), staff of striking...
    shit, you're right, it's even in Mike's weapon list, just got a new name. sorry about that then.
  • YamxelaYamxela Member Posts: 13
    I'm having troubles finding dimension door scrolls. Has anyone been able to find any?
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Astafas said:

Someone here asked for a non-green Elven Chainmail. I've edited the standard one so it looks like a Chainmail +3. You can find it here. Download CHAN12.itm and place it in your override folder. Then import to game (as the elven chainmail hasn't been incorporated as it should yet) through CLUA Console or ShadowKeeper.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5vago8lf7sfscnm/PF5QEkjExV

Don't mind the portraits in the folder. I use to change the standard portraits a lot, since I don't like the standard ones very much.

In the folder you'll also find a Cloak of Displacement and a Claw of Kazgaroth that only show the Blur Effect for 10 seconds. That way, you avoid the legendary eye strain. :-D

Great, thanks @Astafas, will give both of these a try

• JaceJace Member Posts: 193
    Yamxela said:

I'm having troubles finding dimension door scrolls. Has anyone been able to find any?

Dimension Door is not available to the player anymore. It has been completely removed from the wizard spell list, although NPCs can still cast it.

• YamxelaYamxela Member Posts: 13
    Jace said:

Yamxela said:

Dimension Door is not available to the player anymore. It has been completely removed from the wizard spell list, although NPCs can still cast it.

Oh okay, thanks for answering
  • TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    Although you can add it with Shadowkeeper. :P
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    Where is the stupifier?
    @Wanderon: see first post, 2nd floor of burning wizard inn, beregost

it's nice against harder enemies, but your usual foe tends to die before stun would take effect.
  • ArturArtur Member Posts: 35

@Wanderon: see first post, 2nd floor of burning wizard inn, beregost

it's nice against harder enemies, but your usual foe tends to die before stun would take effect.

I specifically started a Ranger/Cleric for the sole purpose of dualwielding the Stupifier in my main and Ashideena in my off-hand.

Having something that stuns enemies quite frequently doesn't hurt in the least.
  • Sick_BoySick_Boy Member Posts: 20
    edited January 2013

So? Usual foes are easy to kill, I want my ítems to be effective against hard enemies.

I want to do a solo run with a fighter with this mace, but it is so powerful that i need to wait for Sword Coast Strategems to be released.
  • ForseForse Member Posts: 106
    Not sure if this has already been covered, but shopping a stack of Beruel's Retort essentially gives you five Battle Axes +1 since you can just switch property to melee. At a price of 75 gp. I'm not sure if this is intended or not, but thought I'd mention it.
  • FelixKahFelixKah Member Posts: 18
    ajwz said:

Karaj studded leather +3 - Chest on bottom floor of durlags tower

Karajah's is actually a plain leather armor +3 you already got in normal TotSC. It's not studded, either.
    Forse said:

Not sure if this has already been covered, but shopping a stack of Beruel's Retort essentially gives you five Battle Axes +1 since you can just switch property to melee. At a price of 75 gp. I'm not sure if this is intended or not, but thought I'd mention it.

No quite, does 1d6+1 damage, not 1d8, also can't be used in the off-hand like a "normal" weapon, not can an off-hand weapon be used with it in the main hand. Still quite useful early-on, though!
  • ankhegankheg Member Posts: 546
    Jared4242 said:

Astafas said:

That is exactly what happened. When you go into the cloakwood 2 for the first time, you have to go right for it, or it'll spawn. A shame really.

Is it a bug or a feature...?
  • Jared4242Jared4242 Member Posts: 130

*shrug* You'd have to ask the Team, unless they wish to comment on this to answer that question...

Was the +2 Quarter Staff that Laskal drops on the Cloakwood Druids Map (AR1600) is the original game? I don't believe it's listed...
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I don't think so -I havent seen it my self - isn't it a +2 club?
  • ankhegankheg Member Posts: 546
    edited January 2013
    Jared4242 said:

*shrug* You'd have to ask the Team, unless they wish to comment on this to answer that question...

It was a rhetorical question. I've already included it in my buglist.
    edited January 2013
    ajwz said:

Youy get the +2 Club from Amarande in the Treehouse, but the +2 Quarterstaff from Laskal near the Bridge. I probably wouldn't have noticed if playing Good, but my evil party kills most NPCs it encounters :-)

ajwz said:

Youy get the +2 Club from Amarande in the Treehouse, but the +2 Quarterstaff from Laskal near the Bridge. I probably wouldn't have noticed if playing Good, but my evil party kills most NPCs it encounters :-)

The +2 Quarterstave looks pretty cool too, and is unidentified when dropped (unlike the clubs...)
    Post edited by Oxford_Guy on