Skip to content

A guide to new magic items in BG:EE *SPOILERS*

Comments

• Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Awong124 said:

Really? Mine has 20 distinct scrolls in it.

Mine doesn't let me!
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Stacked scrolls fill up multiple slots - maybe this is the issue?
  • YamxelaYamxela Member Posts: 13
    edited December 2012
    Okay so after reading this post the magic items dropped that aren't unidentified are:

1) Special halberd +2, dropped by gnoll east of Stronghold
    2) Club +1 dropped by Krumm
    3) Club +2 dropped by shadow druid leader

Am I missing anything?
    I have a question about the +1 Club dropped by Krumm:

The location for this in first post says:

"area east of gnoll fortress. Looks like a regular club and comes identified, so dont miss it"

Does this mean it's on the actual Gnoll Fortress *map*, but to the area just east of it (by the bridge?) or on a completely different map to the east? I can't remember the names of the enemies you encounter at the Gnoll Fortress, so am not sure if Krumm is on that map or not
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418

I have a question about the +1 Club dropped by Krumm:

The location for this in first post says:

"area east of gnoll fortress. Looks like a regular club and comes identified, so dont miss it"

Does this mean it's on the actual Gnoll Fortress *map*, but to the area just east of it (by the bridge?) or on a completely different map to the east? I can't remember the names of the enemies you encounter at the Gnoll Fortress, so am not sure if Krumm is on that map or not
    Lets see if I can do this spoiler thingy:

It's an area east of the gnoll area not the gnoll area itself - Krumm is one of the goons trying to dismantle the dryads tree

• JaceJace Member Posts: 193
    @Oxford_Guy

It's a completely different area east of Gnoll Fortress, which has a waterfall in the middle if I'm not mistaken. A dryad will ask for your help in protecting her tree from a couple of thugs. One of them is Krumm.

edited December 2012
    Jace said:

@Oxford_Guy

It's a completely different area east of Gnoll Fortress, which has a waterfall in the middle if I'm not mistaken. A dryad will ask for your help in protecting her tree from a couple of thugs. One of them is Krumm.

@Jace and @Wanderon - thanks, I still have a chance to get it then
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    @Oxford_Guy
    Or you just go straight for the +2 club in cloakwood :-)
    (takes a few chapters though)
    Sed said:

@Oxford_Guy
    Or you just go straight for the +2 club in cloakwood :-)
    (takes a few chapters though)

Nah, I like to take my time and explore first, CHARNAME is a level 3/4 fighter/mage and I've still not done the Bandit Camp yet!
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Do we really need to use the spoiler tag in posts of a thread that is already clearly full of spoilers? it really seems unnecessary and only makes it a little harder to read the discussion.
    mlnevese said:

Do we really need to use the spoiler tag in posts of a thread that is already clearly full of spoilers? it really seems unnecessary and only makes it a little harder to read the discussion.

Good point, I was just trying not to spoil the game for newcomers, but in this thread you're right, it's probably unnnecessary
    OK, I have tidied up the list a bit. I will add the item codes for the new items some time tomorrow hopefully.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    Is Plate of the Dark +1 a new or an old item?

I don't even know where it drops but i've seen some people wear it in the "post your guy" thread.

It's a full plate +1 i think.
    No, its from Tamoko
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    Ah, yeah, the description said "Plate of the Dark", they now actually used that name instead Full plate mail +1.

Cool.
  • DilidorDilidor Member Posts: 14
    I cannot find Rashad's Talon. I've searched the entire Cloakwood map where all the spiders are--where you get the Spider's Bane sword in the cave. Can anyone tell me exactly where Rashad's Talon is hidden?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,748
    @Dilidor
    It's in the south of the location with the Spider's Bane's cave. Just go on the small path to the south of this location and you'll find a corpse with a leather armor and this scimitar. It look like someone was killed when he looked at the river:)
    bengoshi said:

@Dilidor
    It's in the south of the location with the Spider's Bane's cave. Just go on the small path to the south of this location and you'll find a corpse with a leather armor and this scimitar. It look like someone was killed when he looked at the river:)

Well, that is truly bizarre--because my version of BG EE does not have any such corpse! I've schlepped my party over every square inch of map, TAB key firmly held down every step of the way, and there is nothing. I believe that I'm running the latest iteration of BG EE, although I'm not sure of that.

But thanks for the clarification, bengoshi. Thank heavens for CLUA. oooh look..... Rashad's Talon has appeared in my backpack!
  • DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598
    edited December 2012
    Yamxela said:

Okay so after reading this post the magic items dropped that aren't unidentified are:

3) Club +2 dropped by shadow druid leader

Am I missing anything?

There is one more Club+1 (unidentified) in Baldurs Gate NW i think, in a chest near the Entar Silvershield (?) estate (left), or in that building where you recruit SKIE.

To be honest I have no idea if it was in the vanilla BG1 or not.
  • DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598
    Who knows where I can find this weapon?
    The Root of the Problem - Club +1, +3 vs. unnatural creatures
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    @DarkDogg
    Not in the game currently
  • BISHDPBISHDP Member Posts: 19
    Noooooo!!!! The dual Ring of Wizardry trick was awesome!! Having 20 level 1 spells greatly extended my time between rests. I am now very sad.
    BISHDP said:

Noooooo!!!! The dual Ring of Wizardry trick was awesome!! Having 20 level 1 spells greatly extended my time between rests. I am now very sad.

I agree. Nothing like casting 24 magic missiles in a row. Too bad the ring won't work for a cleric.
    DarkDogg said:

Yamxela said:

Is the +2 Halberd dropped on the *same* map as the Gnoll Fortress, or the map to the east, where Krumm drops the +1 club?
    Dilidor said:

BISHDP said:

I agree. Nothing like casting 24 magic missiles in a row. Too bad the ring won't work for a cleric.
    Well for a cleric there's the Ring of Holiness, which is awesome. Apparently a cleric/mage can use *both* this and the Ring of Wizardry...
  • Jared4242Jared4242 Member Posts: 130
    If you don't pick up the Scimitar on your very first visit to the area, it will despawn. So the next time you enter that Spider area, search for it immediately.

DarkDogg said:

Yamxela said:

Is the +2 Halberd dropped on the *same* map as the Gnoll Fortress, or the map to the east, where Krumm drops the +1 club?
    Anyone?
  • JaceJace Member Posts: 193
    @Oxford_Guy

The Chesley Crusher +2 drops from the same map Krumm is located. You must insult a gnoll named "Ingot" in order to make him fight you. He is located on the far left side of the map.
    Its on the same map as krumm, on a gnoll named ignot who approches you when you go near the left hand edge of the map
    Thanks @Jace and @ajwz