Skip to content

A guide to new magic items in BG:EE *SPOILERS*

Comments

• sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    Looking over this list, is anyone else as pissed as I am all the new items come with plain art and are already identifed? I've missed about 6 items on the list because I thought it was just some plain normal weapon off the dudes who drop them.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    edited December 2012
    I've reported the unidentified ones as a bug. But not all of them come with plain art. Some come with brand new icons (albruin +1 for example)
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    edited December 2012
    The elven chain, with it's AC of 5 is pretty equivalent (but without +saves and magic res) to Mage Robes of the *alignment* Archmagi. Unless it was available sufficiently early it would get superceded for any mage dual/multi. Elven chain would still be good for bards though.

*Edit* Also, props to ajwz for the list. Good going.
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    @TrentOster In the AMAA you and Phillip mentioned that you'd added Elven Chain mail into the game. But none of us can find it yet =( #Hints?

I just asked Trent on twitter about the Elven Chain. We'll see if anything becomes of it.
    edited December 2012
    And the response from Trent on twitter:
    In a horrible move, we put a suit of elven chain in the game. One of the enemies owns it and doesn't drop it when killed. We will remedy.
  • swnmcmlxiswnmcmlxi Member Posts: 297
    Corvino said:

The elven chain, with it's AC of 5 is pretty equivalent (but without +saves and magic res) to Mage Robes of the *alignment* Archmagi. Unless it was available sufficiently early it would get superceded for any mage dual/multi. Elven chain would still be good for bards though.

It will become available before the Nashkel Mines.
  • KholdstareKholdstare Member Posts: 160
    Oh, that's excellent. :) I already Shadowkeeped into my game, but it was after the point it was supposed to drop anyway, so I don't feel bad about it. :P
  • imajasjamimajasjam Member Posts: 59
    Where is the elven chain supposed to drop?
  • toanwrathtoanwrath Member Posts: 621
    I believe it is supposed to drop on the ambush from Nashkel to Nashkel mines (you must have talked to Dorn first at the Friendly Arm Inn). However, it does not drop from the individual wearing the armor.

Also, for the Warhammer that puts you under non-detection, do you have to kill to get it or can you pickpocket?
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Corvino said:

For an *evil* fighter/mage this would be very useful, though, as you can't get the Mage Robes of Evil Archmagi until very late in the game.

I've already done the Dorn encounter where this is meant to drop, so my evil fighter/mage has missed this, even if a bug fix adds this back in. How can I add this to my character "manually"? Can I do this with an unmodded Shadowkeeper or perhaps something else?
    swnmcmlxi said:

elminster said:

swnmcmlxi said:

Definitely heard there was supposed to be some type of Elven Chainmail in the game but haven't heard of anyone finding it yet. =(

Maybe we should combine our powers to summon Phillip and Trent by midweek if no one has found it by then?

It is worn by the girl in the Dorn encounter before the Nashkel mines. Worn, but not dropped, which seems buggish.
    Has anyone tried to clua it in? Like is it registered as an item in game?
    Yes. Did that and put it on my PC before the encounter to compare the looks, and the armours looked identical. Read about the whereabouts of the mail in some post on the forum today, but I haven't been able to find it again. The resource code is CHAN12.

How do you "clua it in"? Is there a guide to how to do this sort of thing? Thanks
    @Oxford_Guy

If you look at the customizing your game sticky it'll show you how to edit the baldur .ini to enable cheat codes.

@Oxford_Guy

If you look at the customizing your game sticky it'll show you how to edit the baldur .ini to enable cheat codes.

I've now tried that but neither ctrl-space nor ctrl-m seems to do anything in game (and yes I did restart after editing and saving baldur.ini - does the key combination have to be done on a particular screen?
    I don't know I haven't tried it myself yet. Honestly as active as I am on these forums I've barely touched the game just due to time issues and commitments elsewhere.
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    @Oxford_Guy yeah, it would be great for you if you are evil. I am surprised it is only 5AC, my robes of good alignment are better then. Kindda sucks really. But anyway, if it is only AC5 it cant be for balance reasons that it isnt dropped. Maybe an oversight?
  • KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 627
    Confirmed to be a bug, will be "remedied" as mr Oster said himself via twitter.

@Oxford_Guy yeah, it would be great for you if you are evil. I am surprised it is only 5AC, my robes of good alignment are better then. Kindda sucks really. But anyway, if it is only AC5 it cant be for balance reasons that it isnt dropped. Maybe an oversight?

Okay, I've managed to CLUA the elven armour into the game now, as I've done the encounter where this is meant to be dropped, this wouldn't be considered "cheating" I hope!

Great for my evil elf fighter mage, given the difficulty in not getting the evil Archimagic robe until v.late, though is not great against crushing attacks (+2 vs crushing but -1 vs missile and -2 vs. slashing) - aso is eefectively AC 7 vs crushing, but AC4 vs missile and AC 3 vs slashing...

BTW thieves can wear it too, with only a small (-10%?) affect on their pick pocket and move silently abilities (only), it seems...
    Bards can also wear it and still cast spells (I believe) making it equivalent to Studded Leather +2 in terms of AC. I might CLUA it in myself, as I have done that encounter, and Garrick is lacking in the AC department :(
  • RohndilRohndil Member Posts: 171
    It seems like the Cavalier innate fire resistance bypass the penalty of the Belt of Antipode.
    Rohndil said:

It seems like the Cavalier innate fire resistance bypass the penalty of the Belt of Antipode.

That makes sense I think, but thanks for confirming!

Okay, I've managed to CLUA the elven armour into the game now, as I've done the encounter where this is meant to be dropped, this wouldn't be considered "cheating" I hope!

Great for my evil elf fighter mage, given the difficulty in not getting the evil Archimagic robe until v.late, though is not great against crushing attacks (+2 vs crushing but -1 vs missile and -2 vs. slashing) - aso is eefectively AC 7 vs crushing, but AC4 vs missile and AC 3 vs slashing...
    Sorry, I had a large shield equiped when making my original calculations, which were giving an extra -1 vs missile, elven chain gives +2 vs crushing and -2 vs slashing, like ordinary chain, so gives an effective AC of AC 7 vs crushing, AC3 vs slashing and AC 5 vs everything else
    Anyone else found any other magical Katanas besides the +1 one from Cloakwood?
  • RafaelRafael Member Posts: 26
    toanwrath said:

No, just that one. And i took to long to find it. What was pretty bad for my kensai =/

• maneromanero Member Posts: 392
    This topic should be stick to the first board in this section.
  • PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473
    Xzar said:

So, to clarify, elven chain isnt in the game at all? It would look good on my fighter/mage... =)

I just consoled it in, and will pretend that I got it from that Dorn encounter. My cleric/mage was build with this chainmail in mind too.
    I'm curious; what color is the elven chain? I hope it isn't green.

• jolly_bbjolly_bb Member Posts: 122
    Was it corrected already in latest patch (meaning if the elven chainmail is dropping now)?
  • KortokKortok Member Posts: 165
    Really glad they added a flail +2, perfect for my dwarven F/C that will be dual wielding FOA and Defender of Easthaven in BG2. Also, the cursed strength belt is perfect for Rassad.
  • ArcalianArcalian Member Posts: 359
    Thanks for this, needed that plus 2 halberd for Kivan
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    toanwrath said:

I used the console and while I could get the Katana +1 I had no luck with a +2 Katana, so looks like that is the best you are getting.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    2 things:

1) @jolly_bb as of the current patch Elven chain is still not dropping. Tested it this afternoon.

2) A scroll of Wraithform just dropped from the Prat encounter under Candlekeep. Don't know if this is random or guaranteed. I've never seen one before, but there's a thread on the "fixed" forum about them.