Skip to content

A guide to new magic items in BG:EE *SPOILERS*

Comments

• PawnSlayerPawnSlayer Member Posts: 295
    To clarify regarding the Chesley Halberd +2, it's the area directly east of the Gnoll stronghold, on the left hand side of the map in about the middle. The gnoll wants to eat the captive there; you can persuade him to go off and do that. Don't - provoke him so you can slay him instead for the weapon.
  • muboshimuboshi Member Posts: 3
    ajwz said:

Ok guys, just did a major update from all my searching.
    I think the list is almost complete now.

Good new for club users too, if you missed the first one that krumm was carrying, there is another you can find :)

They removed Tamoko the love interest of Sarevok? you are kidding right?

I encountered Tamoko in the undercity on my run through

Good to know that Tamoko is still there for folks. I encountered her during her normal conversations in the city but she still was not in the Undercity right before the temple of Bhaal. I must be bugged =/

• AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    ajwz said:

No, I think it is awesome - you are obviously picking them up off someones corpse, and I think its nice to have a bit of variety.

Well, all that means is that some of the items will disappear after a set amount of days, for those that do not know about them.
    I'd actually have preferred to kill a zombie, that drops ring + scimitar. That would have made sense, while still making it so that you can't miss on the items.
  • KhrondorKhrondor Member Posts: 54
    Laskal, the Druid in Cloakwood map 3
    drops a +2 Quarterstaff.
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    Definitely heard there was supposed to be some type of Elven Chainmail in the game but haven't heard of anyone finding it yet. =(

Maybe we should combine our powers to summon Phillip and Trent by midweek if no one has found it by then?
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853

Quartz said:

ajwz said:

Big fisted belt - Cursed belt of hill giant strength - Cloudpeaks temple (part of Rasaads quest) - this is actually quite good - sets strength to 19 but int to 6

AKA, Yeslick's item of choice. +4 to his Strength and -1 to his Intelligence? Sounds like a plan!!

Seriously, Yeslick is super beast now. He can wear said Belt and Gauntlets of Dexterity both and overcome all his potential issues. Sweetness. You can do the same for Kagain if you want, although the Intelligence hit is QUITE a bit more bothersome than with Yeslick.
    Yeslick could do 19 (even 20) str even before - cast strength spell on him, then a nice little DUHM, then... go and rip an orca whale to shreds, probably.
    Yes yes I know @DinsdalePrianha you have a crush on Yeslick. I did that sort of stuff all the time with him but it's much nicer to have it as a passive item than your occasional DUHM.

ajwz said:

Oh, wow I just found out something crazy. You might want to mention that Rasaad's boots sell for 12,500gp. That's a bit notable o_O

I'm not including this because I dont see it as notable. The ring of wizardy outside the friendly arm inn sells for 9000 gold.
    Well, it's also not one of the new items. I just think it's strage because the Ring of Wizardry is supposed to be hidden and valuable. You get Rasaad's boots automatically when he joins, and the sell price is far higher than the benefit they give.
    I call BS. The benefit of his boots are fantastic, problem is only Lawful Good Monks can equip them, which is a load of crap ... that's the only reason why I'm selling his boots. If anyone in my party could equip them however they would be put to use.
  • ShrimpShrimp Member Posts: 142
    Has anyone found magical arrow/bolt/bullet quivers in the normal game, or are they only in the Pits?
  • KhrondorKhrondor Member Posts: 54
    I was messing around with Shadowkeeper and it doesnt show all the BG2 stuff. It shows BG1 enhanced edition stuff. I did notice soem intresting items, one of which was a elven chain (same as the guy in trademeet wears). It was a 5 AC mail, no + enhancements. Check it out. Not sure how much of the items are actually i nthe game, but definetly new items!!!!
  • swnmcmlxiswnmcmlxi Member Posts: 297

Definitely heard there was supposed to be some type of Elven Chainmail in the game but haven't heard of anyone finding it yet. =(

Maybe we should combine our powers to summon Phillip and Trent by midweek if no one has found it by then?

It is worn by the girl in the Dorn encounter before the Nashkel mines. Worn, but not dropped, which seems buggish.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    swnmcmlxi said:

It is worn by the girl in the Dorn encounter before the Nashkel mines. Worn, but not dropped, which seems buggish.
    Has anyone tried to clua it in? Like is it registered as an item in game?
  • swnmcmlxiswnmcmlxi Member Posts: 297
    edited December 2012
    elminster said:

swnmcmlxi said:

Has anyone tried to clua it in? Like is it registered as an item in game?
    Yes. Did that and put it on my PC before the encounter to compare the looks, and the armours looked identical. Read about the whereabouts of the mail in some post on the forum today, but I haven't been able to find it again. The resource code is CHAN12.

• DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    Interesting. I remember them specifically stating in the AMAA that they added some in almost instantly once someone brought it up. I'd really like some in the game considering I want to roll a Blade for my evil party.
  • KholdstareKholdstare Member Posts: 160

Interesting. I remember them specifically stating in the AMAA that they added some in almost instantly once someone brought it up. I'd really like some in the game considering I want to roll a Blade for my evil party.

That was me! :D
  • HeliasHelias Member Posts: 112
    ego1ste said:

I found Rashad's Talon in cloakwood. Also there is 2nd Rashad's talon in Durlag's Tower.

Yes, so you said. But where in cloakwood? I couldn't find it anywhere in the 2nd cloakwood area (spider zone). There was no body there.

• FrozenCellsFrozenCells Member Posts: 385
    Helias said:

ego1ste said:

I found Rashad's Talon in cloakwood. Also there is 2nd Rashad's talon in Durlag's Tower.

Yes, so you said. But where in cloakwood? I couldn't find it anywhere in the 2nd cloakwood area (spider zone). There was no body there.

It's at the end of a peninsula, directly south of the first web trap you encounter upon entering the zone.
  • toanwrathtoanwrath Member Posts: 621
    I don't mean to bog down the thread with the same topic, but can I get an answer to my earlier question? Supposedly, there is a +1 Club South of Nashkel Mines--WHERE is south of Nashkel Mines exactly?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    toanwrath said:

I don't mean to bog down the thread with the same topic, but can I get an answer to my earlier question? Supposedly, there is a +1 Club South of Nashkel Mines--WHERE is south of Nashkel Mines exactly?

I think it means south of Nashkel Mines on the same map. Where on that map, I have no clue.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    edited December 2012
    Anyone find any magical throwing daggers yet (expendable or returning)?

*EDIT: I checked in Shadowkeeper and none are listed :(
    Post edited by Mortianna on
  • toanwrathtoanwrath Member Posts: 621
    elminster said:

toanwrath said:

I think it means south of Nashkel Mines on the same map. Where on that map, I have no clue.
    I thought I searched the whole map, and I found nothing. At this point it doesn't matter much, since I'm far enough into the story that Jaheria (after using a basic club all game) is now finally using the +2 one from Cloakwood.
  • It's the map with the waterfall (and the dead kitty). The club is on one of the guys who wants to chop down the dryad's tree.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Updated the description to make the club +1 location more clear.
  • WoozWooz Member Posts: 32
    I just vendored that crappy club.
  • srvksrvk Member Posts: 65
    Too many magical items, they ruin the game. The chelsey crusher that was mentioned before is similar to the halberd +2 you get from Zhallimar Cloudwulfe. But to get that you have to get to chapter 5 and finish one of the most difficult battles in the game. While the chelsey crusher you can get it in chapter 2 after killing a lone gnoll
  • ShrimpShrimp Member Posts: 142
    @srvk Being stuck with a single apr is a pretty big handicap IMHO, unless you're a bard. And if you are, what are you doing in melee anyway?

By the way, does anyone know if you can get higher than that one attack if you're using (improved) haste, or even whirlwind (I've seen people manage to get the HLA to work) with the Chelsey Crusher ?
  • DMCDMC Member Posts: 44
    edited December 2012
    This is odd... I just finished Rasaa's Cloud Peak's Quest, and never saw so much as a trace of the Big Fisted Belt. Where and from whom is this item supposed to drop?

Never mind- at first I thought it was in the east-most bunkrooms' chest, for some reason I cannot open that chest, even though it is unlocked. It's as if something invisible is blocking the pathing from getting close enough to open. But after fully going back over every room in the Temple, I found one north-west room that I missed a chest in and -wouldn't you know it, that was the one with the belt.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    DMC said:

This is odd... I just finished Rasaa's Cloud Peak's Quest, and never saw so much as a trace of the Big Fisted Belt. Where and from whom is this item supposed to drop?

Never mind- at first I thought it was in the east-most bunkrooms' chest, for some reason I cannot open that chest, even though it is unlocked. It's as if something invisible is blocking the pathing from getting close enough to open. But after fully going back over every room in the Temple, I found one north-west room that I missed a chest in and -wouldn't you know it, that was the one with the belt.

In a chest in one of the monk chambers
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    So, to clarify, elven chain isnt in the game at all? It would look good on my fighter/mage... =)
  • XzarXzar Member Posts: 215

So, to clarify, elven chain isnt in the game at all? It would look good on my fighter/mage... =)

I just consoled it in, and will pretend that I got it from that Dorn encounter. My cleric/mage was build with this chainmail in mind too.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729

Mine too, though perhaps it was left out for a reason (game balance)? What AC does it give? Apart from not preventing casting of arcane magic, does it have any other abilities (e.g. +1/+2), apart from lower weight?
  • DinsdalePiranhaDinsdalePiranha Member Posts: 419
    edited December 2012
    @Oxford_Guy: AC 5, same as the nonmagical one in BG2. (from Trademeet, you had to kill a noble for it)
    @Xzar: why not just use shield spell/amulet? AC 4, and the amulet is available at Naskhel Carnival, can be recharged by selling it to a merchant and buying it back... sadly, elven chain gives (or: would give) somewhat pissy AC, especially compared to the cheesefest that ankheg plate + prot ring is.