Skip to content

A guide to new magic items in BG:EE *SPOILERS*

Comments

• MechaliburMechalibur Member Posts: 265
    ajwz said:

Oh, wow I just found out something crazy. You might want to mention that Rasaad's boots sell for 12,500gp. That's a bit notable o_O

I'm not including this because I dont see it as notable. The ring of wizardy outside the friendly arm inn sells for 9000 gold.
    Well, it's also not one of the new items. I just think it's strage because the Ring of Wizardry is supposed to be hidden and valuable. You get Rasaad's boots automatically when he joins, and the sell price is far higher than the benefit they give.
  • DinsdalePiranhaDinsdalePiranha Member Posts: 419
    edited December 2012
    Quartz said:

ajwz said:

Big fisted belt - Cursed belt of hill giant strength - Cloudpeaks temple (part of Rasaads quest) - this is actually quite good - sets strength to 19 but int to 6

AKA, Yeslick's item of choice. +4 to his Strength and -1 to his Intelligence? Sounds like a plan!!

Seriously, Yeslick is super beast now. He can wear said Belt and Gauntlets of Dexterity both and overcome all his potential issues. Sweetness. You can do the same for Kagain if you want, although the Intelligence hit is QUITE a bit more bothersome than with Yeslick.
    Yeslick could do 19 (even 20) str even before - cast strength spell on him, then a nice little DUHM, then... go and rip an orca whale to shreds, probably.
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    ajwz said:

Oh, wow I just found out something crazy. You might want to mention that Rasaad's boots sell for 12,500gp. That's a bit notable o_O

I'm not including this because I dont see it as notable. The ring of wizardy outside the friendly arm inn sells for 9000 gold.
    I disagree with it not being notable because it is :p

You can reqruit Rashaad, nick his gear, kick him and sell it. The ring though you will probably want to keep for a caster.
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    Hmmm, so I just picked up those boots, and they say they are usable by any good or lawful alignment, and by monks and mages, so how come my LE Mage cant wear them? :(
  • wissenschaftwissenschaft Member Posts: 229
    ajwz said:

Adelon said:

Just found the Chestley Crusher a +2 Halberd that sets atack speed to 1 but gives +6 dmg +2 thaco, so slow but deadly.. Its found in dryad falls on ignot

@Adelon: will add it but what is dryad falls on ignot?
    Doesn't speed 1 means its as fast as a Dagger? Speed 10 is super slow and its what 2h weapons usually have.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    toanwrath said:

Unsure if this was intended or not, but I have found a way for (nearly) unlimited healing. Buckley's Buckler gives +1 AC and +1 Constitution (you can buy it from the Friendly Arm Inn for around 1k gold depending on Charisma). I believe this will only work if your character's Max HP could benefit from +1 Constitution. If your character is injured, and you un-equip/re-equip the Buckler, your Max HP will go up and down but your CURRENT will never go back down when you un-equip.

Example: I decide to go fight Greywolf at level 1 for his really nice Longsword. So, I go to Nashkel mines, and I set my party around the sculptor. Greywolf appears, and a fight ensues. He really really loves wailing on Khalid, and brings Khalid down to around 4 hit points in one blow! I moved my shield from my PC (a Stalker) onto Khalid to give him the one bonus HP (Now instead of 4/13 he is at 5/14). I don't remember why I tried it, but I un-equipped it and re-equipped it, and sure enough when I un-equip the shield he stays at 5 current, but his max is back down to 13. Then I re-equip, and he goes to 6/14. Due to the game being paused while in the inventory screen, one could constantly click and fully heal Khalid from the most severe injuries.

I'm not sure how much I will exploit this, if at all, but I must say: for that fight, best 1000 gp I EVER spent.

Yeah that seems bugalicious to me lol.
  • DeucetipherDeucetipher Member Posts: 521
    edited December 2012

Was there always a cloudkill on the junior mage in firewine? Or is that new?
  • toanwrathtoanwrath Member Posts: 621
    @Deucetipher
    I am pretty sure that was always there.
  • DeucetipherDeucetipher Member Posts: 521
    @toanwrath
    Thanks!
  • muboshimuboshi Member Posts: 3
    They put the Magma Bulwark +2 (plate +2) in the zone right before the end of the game. However, they removed the NPC Tamoko and his Full Plate +1 (which is better). Currently the Magma Bulwark is broken and not giving the correct AC amount and acting as normal plate.

Adding in new magic items is pretty cool, but I am not sure why they would remove an item (and an NPC) at the end of chapter 7 that can easily be replicated in chapter 1 with Ankheg Armor and a Ring of Pro +1.
  • AdventSignAdventSign Member Posts: 96
    So only a +1 Katana and thats it? :(
  • GloomfrostGloomfrost Member Posts: 261
    They removed Tamoko the love interest of Sarevok? you are kidding right?
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Ok guys, just did a major update from all my searching.
    I think the list is almost complete now.

Good new for club users too, if you missed the first one that krumm was carrying, there is another you can find :)

They removed Tamoko the love interest of Sarevok? you are kidding right?

I encountered Tamoko in the undercity on my run through

• InsIns Member Posts: 11
    edited December 2012
    I don't see the Reilar's mistake cloak here. It polymorphs you into a wolf at will (and is seemingly quite glitchy at the moment).

Not entirely sure but I think it got it from the nymph/flesh golem cave together with the book of constitution.
    Ins said:

I don't see the Reilar's mistake cloak here. It polymorphs you into a wolf at will (and is seemingly quite glitchy at the moment).

Not entirely sure but I think it got it from the nymph/flesh golem cave together with the book of constitution.

Yeah, It not new - it was in the original game
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    There is supposed to be an elven chainmail added to the game now (not the one Drizzt wears), anyone find it?
  • RavenXRavenX Member Posts: 86
    alaundo said:

Is the ankheg plate mail in the field in nashkell still existent?

Yeap.

• AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    edited December 2012
    Note that the Warhammer kneecapper +1/+4 vs Giants was already available in vanilla.
    Post edited by Aranthys on
  • HeliasHelias Member Posts: 112
    ajwz said:

I

Rashad's Talon (scimatar +2) - Cloakwood 2, on cliff overlooking sea in the south of the area
    The chelsey crusher (Halberd +2) - Sets attacks per round to 1, +4 damage bonus - Found on ignot the gnoll, in area west of gnoll fortress

Anyone else found these?

The first I looked for but couln't find.

The second I could have missed inadvertently. But there is no area west of the gnoll fortress.

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2012
    I found the Halberd (Chelsey Crusher) actually before I found this list.
  • LinkamusLinkamus Member Posts: 221
    Osmadi in Larswood now drops Backbiter +3
  • ego1steego1ste Member Posts: 88
    I found Rashad's Talon in cloakwood. Also there is 2nd Rashad's talon in Durlag's Tower.
  • ShrimpShrimp Member Posts: 142
    edited December 2012
    toanwrath said:

Unsure if this was intended or not, but I have found a way for (nearly) unlimited healing. Buckley's Buckler gives +1 AC and +1 Constitution (you can buy it from the Friendly Arm Inn for around 1k gold depending on Charisma). I believe this will only work if your character's Max HP could benefit from +1 Constitution. If your character is injured, and you un-equip/re-equip the Buckler, your Max HP will go up and down but your CURRENT will never go back down when you un-equip.

There is a spear in BG2 (the Spear of Kuldahar) that acts the same way, except it directly increases your hit points instead of your constitution. I don't think it works with the Helm of Balduran though.
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    Regarding the Cursed Ring & Rashad's Talon Scimitar in Cloakwood, and the new armor in undercity :
    Anyone else thinks that the fact that they lie on the ground is ... well, a bit bad ?

I missed the items in Cloakwood on my first playthrough, because items on the ground will disappear after a set amount of time...
    No, I think it is awesome - you are obviously picking them up off someones corpse, and I think its nice to have a bit of variety.
  • LinkamusLinkamus Member Posts: 221
    ego1ste said:

I found Rashad's Talon in cloakwood. Also there is 2nd Rashad's talon in Durlag's Tower.

wow, I must have let it rott! Good thing I don't really need it on this playthrough. Who dropped it?

@ajwz

"Club +1 - 2 Copies: Krum - area south of nashkel mines. Looks like a regular club and comes identified, so dont miss it, also in a chest in entar sivershield's garden."

What is the area south of Nashel Mines? Is it on the same map as Nashel mines, because my game will not allow me to travel south from there.
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    Aranthys said:

Regarding the Cursed Ring & Rashad's Talon Scimitar in Cloakwood, and the new armor in undercity :
    Anyone else thinks that the fact that they lie on the ground is ... well, a bit bad ?

Brings a little bit of Fallout into BGEE heh. The originals, obviously.
    @IchigoRXC
    You can find items on the ground in the newer Fallout games (but the originals do have that top-down perspective, if that's what you were referring to).