Skip to content

Game Update 1.0.2014

Comments

• ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    Humiz said:

Ok, when I used EEKeeper to see what items are in the Bags of holding, many items are there but not the descriptions e.t.c. If I try to move such item from the bag to inventory the item can't be removed.

@Humiz

Which code did you use for the bag?

There is no legit way to get the Bags of Holding in BGEE. You can still add them with EEKeeper, but they aren't fully implemented yet.

Try adding BAG31: despite missing a string in the container interface, it should work and it has a storage capacity of 2000 items.
  • HumizHumiz Member Posts: 8
    edited April 2013
    Ok, thanks for you'r Quick answer Erg, just checked the bags to see if they worked, items e.t.c.
    But if they are not fully implemented in BGEE then there is no Point in using them.

Thanks
    Humiz
  • deus_misereaturdeus_misereatur Member Posts: 1

I certainly hope they refine their process for fixing their work with BG2EE, I know I certainly won't be lining up for a day one purchase.

Amen to that, mate.

Not that I'm not enjoying my current playthrough with all the new kits and all - but I just wish the game and its subsequent patches were more rigorously tested for bugs and all. Still, I've yet to encounter any really gamebreaking bug, just minor annoyances like Laurel not talking to me, or both Neera and Dorn talking to me at the same time after a rest (the latter being nothing an autosave can't fix, but still... ).

As to the many who compare BG:EE with the mod-stacked plain ol' BG, I must say, it is really an unfair comparison. To judge the quality of a commercial product with something made and dished out for free ONLY speaks volumes of the quality of the latter, not the former.
  • maneromanero Member Posts: 392
    Is this project dead?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @manero Nope.
  • maneromanero Member Posts: 392
    How do you know? I didnt see any updates since almost two months.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @manero
    @lnevese is one of our beta testers. and I can confirm that the project is certainly not dead. Right now we're working on Android support, Multiplayer match-making, and BG2:EE. It's going to be a fun-packed year, I promise you. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    edited April 2013
    Sese79 said:

Yep, I had to stop playing this game three times in a row, because I follow the bug reports here, and check what new errors are found, and if I found errors that are disturbing for the gameplay I just stop and wait until it is corrected.

So you haven't stopped playing because of issues with your game. You stopped playing because you've read about things that could potentially happen as you play, even though none of them are game-breaking. Is that it?

This just makes me think of how much we end up sabotaging our own fun at times. I mean, instead of playing the game and having a good time, some of us just keep waiting for the perfect build we're supposedly entitled to so we can finally have "true" or "legit" fun.
  • Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
    I stopped two times because of issues with our game. Now I try to read before I go the an other Area to now what could happen wrong, if I should wait or not before I proceed.
    I play single and multiplayer too. I only stopped with singleplayer because I see many bugs before me, but we play multiplayer because we are far behind in the game with my wife and most bugs were already corrected as we got there.
    What is not too fun now that since two months nothing happened with this game, and all they say that they are working now on BG2:EE. I don't feel that this game is finished in this state and hope and wait for another bug corrections. In multiplayer there are many serious bugs, just check my reports here if you are still curious. (And sorry for my English, that's my third language.)
  • tenlangtenlang Member Posts: 246
    I know if an update will be released by the end of April? Maybe with the full translation in Italian?
  • notkingnotking Member Posts: 134
    How long must we wait?
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Samus said:

I would just like to write that I completed EE Durlag's Tower tonight as part of my no-reload run. I thoroughly enjoyed it, particularly the music. I did not encounter a single bug and overall saw it as a great improvement over the original.

What do you mean, was anything changed? I only completed the first three underground levels of Durlag's Tower but I haven't seen anything that was different from BG1. (Nothing that was altered intentionally, anyway).
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    @Samus: Well, I in particular have experienced a couple of spawning bugs and missing traps in DT, but that was two patches ago. I don't know if any of those have been fixed since. I didn't see them in the changelogs, but I might have missed them or OG might have sneaked the fixes in.

The one thing that made me reply to your last post was when you said you thought it was a great improvement over the original game. Granted, the higher resolution and the BG2 engine are a great improvement over BG1, but I tend to compare my BG:EE experince to BGT and EasyTutu, and what I saw of Durlag's Tower in BG:EE (sans the bugs) was identical to those.
  • AntignitionAntignition Member Posts: 23
    Samus said:

Adul said:

Samus said:

I would just like to write that I completed EE Durlag's Tower tonight as part of my no-reload run. I thoroughly enjoyed it, particularly the music. I did not encounter a single bug and overall saw it as a great improvement over the original.

What do you mean, was anything changed? I only completed the first three underground levels of Durlag's Tower but I haven't seen anything that was different from BG1. (Nothing that was altered intentionally, anyway).
    No, nothing was changed in that respect. Some individuals have aimed a lot of discontent and negativity (to put it mildly) at Overhaul games that BG EE is unplayable and they were unable to complete Durlag's Tower due to numerous "bugs".

I have experienced no such issues. My current play through can be followed at:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/14574/minimal-reload-challenge-spoiler-warning#latest

Currently, I am thoroughly enjoying the game.
    Don't know why you are putting "bugs" in quotes. They are happening for quite a few people. Thrilled it didn't affect you, doesn't mean the rest of us are lying about it though.
  • bntsheridanbntsheridan Member Posts: 6
    Durlags tower seems to be bug free. I have completed the enhanced edition several times now with various character combinations. I do have issues though going from the completion of the tower back to Ulgoths Beard. The fight that happens over the dagger has been unbeatable on some of my party combinations....have only had 1 group that managed to get by it. Not sure if the latest edition made that fight harder but my money is that I am not using the right equipment and spells to get by it correctly.
  • notkingnotking Member Posts: 134
    Samus said:

notking said:

How long must we wait?

Soon...
    a day? a week? a month? a year or a century?
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    edited April 2013
    Samus said:

Unfortunately they placed a geas on me, thus preventing me from disclosing further information...

We CAN'T force you to give us that information and that is right.

Let's talk about weather...

April WASN'T good month. Bad weather... ( or at least no good WEATHER )
    What did you thing about may Samus ? Do you foresee good WEATHER from edge this month ?
    Or good WEATHER come later... ?
  • YovanethYovaneth Member Posts: 691
    Nah - it's gotta be rain. Good for the ducks, you see...
This discussion has been closed.