Skip to content

Game Update 1.0.2014

Comments

• KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    edited May 2013
    I've read somewhere around these boards that any relevant features or fixes implemented on BG2:EE would be retroactively added to BG:EE as well, so I'd say the final patch is a long way down the line.

I imagine, though, that they'll become a lot less frequent, so after this one, we might not see anything for several months as they gear up to release BG2. Obviously, I'm speculating.
  • EntropyXIIEntropyXII Member Posts: 656
    @Kilivitz - I'm still hoping they have plans for a few new kits, magical items and at least one major quest before they move on. That will wrap BG:EE up nicely before BG2:EE comes out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    I would advice you to not mess with spoons @Samus, lest kyojin comes for you and you meet your doom at the end of a spoon!! :)!
    edited May 2013
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    edited May 2013
    Just a hint for anyone that doesn't know the "he Horribly Slow Murderer with the Extremely Inefficient Weapon"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VDvgL58h_Y

By the way the name is Ginosaji, not Kiojin.
    edited May 2013
  • MokonaMokona Member Posts: 89
    Has it really been 3 months since last patch? Where the hell did the time go...
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 279
    Mokona said:

You were obviously at the 'Create New Character' phase :P

• smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Mokona said:

Booze, women and aw who am I kidding. Same old 7-5 workweek for three months.

edited May 2013
    So, any foreseen data for the release of the next update?

Even if the data can't be foreseen, at least a hint of what will be worked on the next path will be nice.

The ranged attack walking for melee bug? The character number keys disabled (will be those keys added to the assign key option in gameplay?)? More weapons (+1 clubs with side effects, a decent halberd besides the only magical one in existance, a decent spear...), another NPCs or better/more banter between the old new ones (Rasaad, Neera, Dorn and Baeloth), new quests...

By the way, there's no reason for Viconia to hate Drizzt in her banter with Baeloth, she can despise him by his behavior, but "he can't be forgiven for the treachery made by him" (or something like that) is a phrase too much linked to a priest of Lolth, and not valid for someone that like Drizzt, in other circunstances, made the "same betrayal".
    @kamuizin - I was under the assumption that Viconia was of the House DeVir, and House DeVir was destroyed/massacred by House Do'Urden (If I remember correctly). I haven't gotten to the bit with the Baeloth/Viconia banter but perhaps she could mean this?
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239

@kamuizin - I was under the assumption that Viconia was of the House DeVir, and House DeVir was destroyed/massacred by House Do'Urden (If I remember correctly). I haven't gotten to the bit with the Baeloth/Viconia banter but perhaps she could mean this?

Quite right, it's in the backstory to Salvatore's novel "Homeland" - she has more reasons to hate Drizzt than most drow.
    @shawne - Haven't read that book for ten years. Very impressed with my magnificent memory retention right now.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    edited May 2013
    @kamuizin I don't think anyone has ever given this topic that much thought. But good points.

Edit: Now that I think about it... I don't recall how old Drizzt was when he escaped Menzoberranzan, but I'm guessing he was at least 50. So that's about the minimal time that has passed between Drizzt's birth/house De'Vir's destruction and the events of BG1. Viconia could have heard about what happened to her house in that long a time. I'm thinking she could have had some connection to Underdark traders or whatnot - one way or another, that information could have found its way to her.
    Post edited by Adul on
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    edited May 2013
    1297 DR = Drizzt is born in Menzoberranzan.
    1340 DR = Drizzt coming on the surface
    1368 DR = Baldurs gate starting
    1372 DR = Neverwinter Night starting
    1484 DR = Here is Drizzt now ( Book "The Last Threshold" )
    Hmm, nearly 150 years on surface... How long can live humans like Catti or Wulfgar ? ;-)
    Enteri keeps alive by killing a wraith with his jeweled dagger and thus, absorbing that undead essence, i didn't reach the point of the novel that show this but i know from spoilers of the novels.

By the way, anyone know a novel focused on the Time of Troubles itself? Drizzt novels (siege of darkness specific) goes through that time, but does not focus on the godly events.
  • mgtremainemgtremaine Member Posts: 7
    Shadowdale is the first book of the Avatar Series it deals with the Time of Troubles. Read them back in the day, they are ok. The events are interesting.

-Mike
    The Avatar Series are the prelude to the Baldur's Gate Series.
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    and the Shadow of the Avatar series deals with Elminster (If you fancy) in the events leading up to and during the Time of Troubles.
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    Edvin said:

1297 DR = Drizzt is born in Menzoberranzan.
    1340 DR = Drizzt coming on the surface
    1368 DR = Baldurs gate starting
    1372 DR = Neverwinter Night starting
    1484 DR = Here is Drizzt now ( Book "The Last Threshold" )

Hmm, nearly 150 years on surface... How long can live humans like Catti or Wulfgar ? ;-)
    Umm...By 1484
    All of the companions are dead. Catti Brie and Regis dies in the Ghost King, Bruenor dies in Gauntlegrym, and Wulfgar's last days are told i na short story released in a short story collection book of Drizzt

Umm...By 1484

All of the companions are dead. Catti Brie and Regis dies in the Ghost King, Bruenor dies in Gauntlegrym, and Wulfgar's last days are told i na short story released in a short story collection book of Drizzt

Yes i know it but other people doesn't have to.
    That's why is it spoiler.
  • zenblackzenblack Member Posts: 100
    3 Months since last patch, any chance for fixed Shadowdancers and "huge amount of fixes" this month? For those of you who say soon or whatever, go take your sycophantic mouth-breathing somewhere else.
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    When the boss isn't willing to say anything more than "soon", you can't expect the rest of us to go out on a limb.

16-May he said: "RC0 is Release Candidate Zero. Major features all there, mostly polished. Still needs some Testing and polishing"

This is still true.
    @Cerevant: In connection to the previous discussion about transparency, how best to share information and what information should be shared: perhaps, instead of a time frame, you could give some indication as to what the upcoming patch addresses? Has the Shadowdancer kit been fixed? Are there any particular bugs you want to point out as having been dealt with? Is there any specific information you can share with us at this point?
    @shawne
    Maybe they are preparing BIG surprise...
    Standard bugs fix + Adventure Y, subraces ( and perhaps even more )
    Give them time at least to June. ( If i remember well they was saying something about May end )
    @Edvin: I'd strongly counsel against getting your hopes up.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    The patch does a great many things (and many great things, to boot), but I can say with reasonable certainty that this patch does not add new content.
This discussion has been closed.