Skip to content

Game Update 1.0.2014

Comments

• EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    Does new content contain new movies, like the ones you added for resting? Cause i really hope you will bring back (in new versions) every original film from BG.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Don't see a point in recreating the old movies, the new ones are good enough and when i want a bit more of nostalgia i play the old game.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    kamuizin said:

Don't see a point in recreating the old movies, the new ones are good enough and when i want a bit more of nostalgia i play the old game.

I didn't mean moving original movies to BG:EE, but recreating every of them, cause they missed few (Beregost, Gnoll Stronghold, Wyvern). I like new ones (especially rest and death), but have to admit they a bit too static sometimes.

truly should exist more movies, that i whole agree.

Could even suggest movies for thief caught, specific quest movies (for at least some of the quests of the game), by drink in the bar, ressurection at temples (and by spells if possible) and for high level spells pretty much as was done in Planescape Torment.
    Adding completly new movies is impossible in my opinion, cause of contract, but i could be wrong. Recreating old ones would be enough for me.

PS: Movies for high level spells would bring BG closer to Final Fantasy :).
  • mister_ennuimister_ennui Member Posts: 98
    @Etamin

I agree with regard to the missing movies. I am personally not a fan of the new versions, but given that the originals were removed there should have been new versions made of all of them and not just some.

At the moment it is possible to return all the original movies to the game via the mod made by @Sam_ ( http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/199369/#Comment_199369 ). Also, if you like the new movies, the mod allows to just add in the original versions of the ones that are currently missing from the game (if you can handle the clash of movie styles that you will then experience).

What would be ideal is the recreation of the currently missing movies in the new style, alongside the ability to choose (via the options menu) to have the old style movies playing in game instead.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Dee said:

The patch does a great many things (and many great things, to boot), but I can say with reasonable certainty that this patch does not add new content.

A concise statement that says nothing. And then you're surprised at the negative response. *shrug*
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I don't think I've ever expressed surprise. You're certainly welcome to state whatever feelings you have about the game, the patch, or the communication (or perceived lack thereof), so long as you do so within the site's rules. I've been very pleased with the way the community has conducted itself so far, and that includes negative responses. :)
  • notkingnotking Member Posts: 134
    Where is the new patch?I'm so disappointed.I bought two copies,one for PC and the other for iPad.During past several months,I'was waiting and waiting,waiting for chinese language pack.but even now,I can't see any hope .
    I would aim at 28th May - half-year anniversary of releasing BG:EE. Trent once said "somewhere in May".
  • BollywoodHeroBollywoodHero Member Posts: 89
    Sure would be nice if today is release day...
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    weekend will be coming soon , why new patch is not coming today ..
    @notking language patchs are totally based on voluntary work if i'm not wrong with exception of some languages, i don't agree with this but unless your country has a good mod community, hardly you will see any language update soon, i think. i believe 中文 link on the forum is chinese, no? The middle one surely is japanes and the top one appears to be corean, try to follow the translation project on the very sub-directory.
  • Somulo_Somulo_ Member Posts: 270
    patch 2015 - can't wait, we need a MIRACLE, Mighty Ogma give me wisdom, show the truth..
  • PalanthisPalanthis Member Posts: 283
    Yeah i thought they would release it today, and not on the 31th may, which doesn't really sound like "before the end of may". Not to my ears anyway.
    Sigh
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Not today. Still polishing.
    Ok so... tomorrow ? :D
  • reposterreposter Member Posts: 36
    I have not touched this game since I found out that unique items disappeared after certain timing, any ideas as to whether this would be fixed next patch?
  • SixheadeddogSixheadeddog Member Posts: 197

Kilivitz said:

Dudo said:

How long must we wait ? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How long must we WAIT HERE? Things stir to the south as we sit!
    "If you say that one more time JAHEIRA! You and your Elven girlfriend ARE OUT!"
    Wait, girlfriend? But Jaheira's married to... Oh. I see what you did there. Yes, yes, quite clever...
  • SixheadeddogSixheadeddog Member Posts: 197
    Samus said:

Iecerint said:

Well, Trent gave a "in May" a week or so ago.

Was that a may be yes, may be no, may be soon, or may the 4th be with you? No one but Trent may know...
    @Samus, you are always entertaining, but I liked you before Nintendo made you blonde.
  • maneromanero Member Posts: 392
    3 months without any patches/updates? ._.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited May 2013
    @manero
    The developers have already stated and confirmed many times that the release of a HUGE patch is in the works. However, due to the great amount of fixes, tweaks and enhancements, it still needs to be tested.
    As a player, I can understand how impatient you may be, but at the same time I appreciate the fact that the developers want this patch to be flawless.
    I assure you that it is worth waiting. Game quality will be improved a lot and you will not be disappointed :)
    Post edited by Aedan on
    edited May 2013
    Adul said:

@Aedan I also appreciate that they want this patch to be bug-free, but at the same time, I think their decision to withhold simple bugfixes because they are still testing other new features and larger-scale fixes is a bad one.

To illustrate what I'm talking about: they could have easily made a very small patch right after the last one that would have fixed Firebead's quest and the terrible grinding ambient noise in eastern Baldur's Gate. But instead, three months have passed, and these very glaring and very easy-to-fix issues are still in the game because the developers want them fixed in a giant patch for a reason I cannot comprehend.

This !

And also, it's ok to want a bug-free patch, but to be realistic, they never got such a wonderful patch since the release (and who does really ? ), no matter what time they spend on it.
    I honestly don't think they can avoid all bugs in the next patch, that won't require some quick patching later...
    So the devs have to relax and to accept the fact that they have to release the patch one day. The bugs are ok... they'll patch them later.
  • KerthalKerthal Member Posts: 68
    I simply hope that in all those fixes, they'll not forget to correct the map shortcut ^^ I'm addicted to that wonderful 'M' key :P
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Kerthal said:

I simply hope that in all those fixes, they'll not forget to correct the map shortcut ^^ I'm addicted to that wonderful 'M' key :P

Huh. It works for me, and I also use it all the time.
  • KerthalKerthal Member Posts: 68
    Adul said:

Kerthal said:

Huh. It works for me, and I also use it all the time.
    Strange... I can't get it to work (even after changing it in the options) :(
This discussion has been closed.