Skip to content

[BG:EE]Dark Horizons Released

CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
edited June 2013 in General Modding
Current
Dark Horizons for Baldur's Gate:Enhanced Edition released.

This is a large tactical quest and encounters mod. As you journey along the Sword Coast you will encounter undesirables trying to do harm to you. Not only that, but an organization for good, Section, has been contracted by someone to send its operatives to hunt you down. They don't want you alive, they want you dead. Your first encounter is behind the very walls of Candlekeep and it won't end until you defeat Section and their overseers at Oversight. If you are lucky, you may survive. And perhaps you may pick up a new friend or friends along the way.

There are a lot of new items to be found and new stores to shop at. There is an item upgrade store located at the Friendly Arm Inn. There are two new NPCs who will join your party. This mod would work best with my Level 40/HLAs mod for BG:EE.

Visit the forum: http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?board=101.0
Download the mod: http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=189

Old--------------------
I'm working on Dark Horizons for BG:EE. I'm thinking it won't be too painful of a process to convert. There will be some new things though.

I already have a dragon quest, but in this version you will fight an actual dragon.
A few more bounty hunters and other lowlife. The Sword Coast is supposed to be a dangerous place after all.
I will be making use of some of the powerful spells and enemy scripting, so some fights will be hard. I've always considered this mod a tactical mod after all.

This will be part one. Part one I want to get released ASAP.

Part two I will finally add in the NPCs. At the moment they will have a few dialogs, nothing elaborate like you find in BG2 mods.
Post edited by CoM_Solaufein on
francolunarrevaarFina92[Deleted User]ArchaicSilent_MarkNeonfiskmungomunkZafiroNightbloodSchopenhauerIllustairFrecheAwong124EcononGodKaiserHellSyntia13Phyrax[Deleted User]TomeWilburEdvinXenoforgeCrevsDaakPrincess_SarahlolienSmilingSwordGoturalelminsterGrammarsaladStummvonBordwehr

Comments

• francofranco Member Posts: 507
    edited May 2013
    Mods like this bring new life to the game. I'll very much be looking forward to experiencing it. All the best.
    ArchaicXenoforge
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Please, please do something about extremely powerful items some bounty hunters have. Like Tristan and Isolde, their weapons are ridiculous, and overpowered, I had to edit and tone them down (with my editing, that 2d4 returning dagger is only +1 returning and the sabre has only %10 chance of stun, save vs spells negates) same for a lot of items that are in the mod. Particularly, those that stun/held when hit should do so only with a chance and even then, allow a save to negate the effect. Also seriously reduce the amount of elven chainmails from those elven patrol. I would love to see a tactical mod with cool spell fights and challenges, but all those overpowered equipment has to go.
    SanctiferDexter
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Wow only two replies. That certainly isn't getting my creative juices flowing. Now I feel a little emo.
    lunarleddyhsXenoforge
  • francofranco Member Posts: 507

Wow only two replies. That certainly isn't getting my creative juices flowing. Now I feel a little emo.

Lots of people don't quite realize what it takes to do creative work like you've been doing. It can even feel a little lonely sometimes when people are not yet able to fully appreciate what you're producing. Been there. They will probably react much more when the product is in hand and it hits them how much they might enjoy it.

My game is naked without mods.

Hm.

Archaic
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    I'm gonna try it! But IIRC there was a conflict with SCSI, is it still present?
  • alannahsmithalannahsmith Member Posts: 143
    I'm a mod virgin! I only realized how good mods were AFTER I joined this forum last year. >.<
    So, I think every mod should be compatible with EE! So I can be ashamed how much I have been missing! Please don't stop making mods! :)
  • revaarrevaar Member Posts: 160
    I'm with @alannahsmith here! I never modded my game when i was younger, and now i'm very (im)patiently waiting for alot of these great mods that i've seen talked about so much to come out!
    Maybe you should open up a thread in General forum too? That forum seems to have more visitors.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I had absolutely no idea what this mod was before, but it looks really good! I'm reading through the encounter list and it seems to add a lot. I particularly like that you can now use Kirinhale's hair to upgrade the Helm of Balduran!

Also, didn't alannahsmith use to be a beholder? Or am I getting her confused with someone else?
    [Deleted User]
  • alannahsmithalannahsmith Member Posts: 143
    @Eudaemonium: Yes I use to be a beholder than I polymorphed myself into my alter-ego! Thanks to the help of the very talented @EntropyXII! Also, where are you reading about this mod? As I said I know very little about the various mods that are out there. :(
    EntropyXIIEudaemonium
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    @alannahsmith: The link in the first post ;) Well, the various threads on the forum it leads to.
    [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    EudaemoniumCoM_SolaufeinCrevsDaak
    Indeed
    Samus said:

mlnevese said:

@CoM_Solaufein

There you get a sticky in the modding forum. How is that for the creative juices? ;)
    Creative juices? You should have summoned the Mongrel of Murder!
    Thanks
    mlnevese said:

@CoM_Solaufein

There you get a sticky in the modding forum. How is that for the creative juices? ;)
    I am almost done checking to see if any of my mod files, install commands don't interfere, overwrite or do nasty things to existing files.
    SpaceInvader
  • ArchaicArchaic Member Posts: 924
    edited May 2013
    @CoM_Solaufein - Happy to see you're converting this over. Looking forward to it. Thanks!
    Post edited by Archaic on
    Selaboc
  • ThunderThunder Member Posts: 157
    Looking forward to this.
    Archaic
    Thanks.
  • TRoarTRoar Member Posts: 50
    Very much looking forward to this and DSotSC - I've nearly completed my 4th playthrough, and desperately need new content. Wish I knew how to mod, I'd be making large quests.
    edited May 2013
    Currently going through the long tedious boring work of deleting the Usability text from all of the items since the game automatically adds in the usability of items.
    Archaic
    edited May 2013

When I created this mod, it was my dedication to the creators of DSotSC and the old school item makers. That being said its a tactical mod, a power gaming mod for myself and people like myself. I've brought down the weapons in the first few releases and they are at a level that I am fine with.

Some people may think that I am bullheaded and unyielding once my mind is set. That may be true on some things and on others I will yield to a point. That being said, seeing that you know a thing or two about item editing, if you want to edit the items that is on par with a low level BG1 party, and change that item's text accordingly to show what has changed, you can send me the files and I cane make it an optional install of the mod. A power gaming option or a traditional option.

lunar said:

Please, please do something about extremely powerful items some bounty hunters have. Like Tristan and Isolde, their weapons are ridiculous, and overpowered, I had to edit and tone them down (with my editing, that 2d4 returning dagger is only +1 returning and the sabre has only %10 chance of stun, save vs spells negates) same for a lot of items that are in the mod. Particularly, those that stun/held when hit should do so only with a chance and even then, allow a save to negate the effect. Also seriously reduce the amount of elven chainmails from those elven patrol. I would love to see a tactical mod with cool spell fights and challenges, but all those overpowered equipment has to go.

Oh very cool! I can really enjoy doing that, I love editing mod items and spells to match them as close to BG1 low-power game style and PnP lore as possible. :-) I play on Ipad almost exclusively now, and without a jailbreak I can't have mods that add new text via dialog.tlk on Ipad. (SCS and the Archaic GUI mods work, and these are the essentials for me!) I also have the PC version of Bg:EE though, so I can play and try your mod on PC.

Jamesmch202CrevsDaak
    Well that was about as exciting as watching paint dry. Believe I am ready to install it into BGEE and see how it goes.

Currently going through the long tedious boring work of deleting the Usability text from all of the items since the game automatically adds in the usability of items.

Guess I won't be doing anything else with it tonight. Hit a critical error where it won't install.
  • ThunderThunder Member Posts: 157
    edited June 2013
    Good to hear it's still alive!
    Post edited by Thunder on
    Got it to install finally. Going through and making sure it installed correctly.
    From browsing through with Near Infinity, it looks like everything installed correctly. Will have to do some work on the .cre (creature) files. The ones that had small portraits are using the old format. Plus some other tinkering.