Skip to content

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited October 2022 in Off-Topic
The user and all related content has been deleted.
Post edited by [Deleted User] on
Moomintroll[Deleted User]SCARY_WIZARDdementedZiminair

Comments

• KingGhidorahKingGhidorah Member Posts: 201
    The old DOS stuff...

Rise of the triad
    Epic pinball
    Raptor call of the shadows
    One must fall 2097

Back then, music was much more important to the game experience.
    The music of todays games i forget quickly but the old tunes still linger...
    TeflonShin
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    One Must Fall 2097 had some pretty awesome music, which is part of the reason I want to see them try to make a proper sequal to that game...

But game music that I listen to...

Various Super Robot Wars themes
    Persona 3 and 4
    Final Fantasy
    The Last Remnant
    The World Ends With You
    Baldur's Gate
    Megaman Zero
    Metal Gear (Solid)
  • ImperatorImperator Member Posts: 154
    Diablo 1&2 theme music from Tristram,
    TeflonSethDavis[Deleted User]
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    I totally love the music of Baldur's Gate. I also like the soundtracks of the old Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun. :)
    Teflon
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    I like the FF7 soundtrack. I bought the official 4 CD set one time when I was back in Hong Kong.
  • KlonoaKlonoa Member Posts: 93
    BG2s music is some of my favourite and since I didn't have the special edition when I was younger there was some software that pulled into ordinary mp3 for you (I don't remember the name now). The opening theme made me excited to start a new character - TOBs boss music was excellent also.

I walked down the aisle to the orchestral version of FFVIIIs Eyes on Me

All the cheese :)

Generally I'm more into movie soundtracks, though it has been a long time since I bought any. Elysium/Honor Him/Now We Are Free (Gladiator) is still just stunning to listen to and at 30 years old I still can't listen to LotR "Into the West" without wailing like a baby especially since it was written with Cameron Duncan in mind.

Its been a while since there has been anything new I liked, must be a sign of getting old(er).
    edited June 2013
    Klonoa said:

I walked down the aisle to the orchestral version of FFVIIIs Eyes on Me

Eyes on Me was kind of a big deal in Hong Kong, because the vocals was sung by a Hong Kong singer. I never understood why she was chosen. I don't think she's particularly good.
  • GodKaiserHellGodKaiserHell Member Posts: 398
    edited July 2016

Post edited by GodKaiserHell on
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    also, could you call sims music a soundtrack? i love hearing my favorite songs in simlish. that first time hearing rise against in the game was amazing, even if it wasn't my favorite song, i just love the band :)
  • Night_WatchNight_Watch Member Posts: 514
    skeleton of a town from IWD 2 is my ringtone, so i guess it's no surprise no one ever calls me anymore because i never pick up =P

other than jeremy soule, i'd say nobuo uematsu (final fantasy), the Nier soundtrack (amazing!), and w/e music i happen to encounter from pandora or youtube.

oh, and the music from bioshock infinite was nice. i like how they played with 'will the circle be unbroken?' 'tainted love', and 'god only knows' along with some others which i can't remember at the moment.

then, there's this

man-tears ;_;

[Deleted User]
  • TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    You know, intro music of black isle and interplay games are cool.
    Planescape torment, Baldurs gate 2 ;), Fallout.
    Hmm however halo 1 soundtrack is good. Title is Reconcilation and truth something(srry cant remember full name)
  • Braid ost
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    Teflon
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Vampire Bloodlines and Icewind Dale. Everything about IWD screams epic.
  • MordeusMordeus Member Posts: 460
    Out of my years playing games, this song has stuck with me. Such a bizarre song to use as a battle theme deep within a dragon's nest. Since it is only used once in the game, I ended up delaying the whole ripping the heart from the dragon thing just to listen to it some more.

Then there is this song which brings up alot of childhood memories of one eyed frog humanoids and a giant mermaid robot controlled by a nun from the future and her ancient Japanese demon boyfriend.

[Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    mch202
  • EntropyXIIEntropyXII Member Posts: 656
    I'm going to go with Metal Gear Solid - Opening scene.

Still gives me goosebumps. I listen to this often on my iPod.
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    I suppose I could drop some links

[Deleted User]kamuizin
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited June 2013
    I really love Civilization IV's theme. Baba Yetu is amazing.
    Post edited by mlnevese on
    Awong124TeflonMoomintroll
    mlnevese said:

I really love Civilization III's theme. Baba Yetu is amazing.

Baba Yetu is Civ IV. Although some of Civ III's in game music is really good too, especially when you get to modern times.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Epic

Moomintroll[Deleted User]God
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    Dune II

and of course, Morrowind!
    Teflon
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    edited June 2013
    Dee said:

You will all cry now!

Excelent taste. In fact everything in FFVI (III in SNES) was awesome, pratically perfect. The only flaw in FFVI was the speed with what events occur during the game, if they explored a bit more each event, giving more info and plot this game would be the best RPG ever made (and probally for a long time). In my view, no other FF serie could beat the greatness of FFVI, FF VII got near but only that.

Even with the graphic capacity of the time when FFVI was made, the events of this game when i first played it (and even when i replayed) where succeful in even hit my feeling, even with the graphic limit i got touched by the events of this awesome (and one of the first plataform game RPGs). In FFVI time, that was a hard thing to achieve.

Some colleges even study this game as it was one of the firsts to attempt to insert instrumental music on the game instead of the digital mixs that where used in games on that time,

Mega Man Zero 4: falling down is awesome indeed, somehow remember me a band that i can't name atm. Dunno if it's Blind Guardian or something else.

O yes, and my contribution:

Another crysome video:

elminsterTrauerweide
  • ImperatorImperator Member Posts: 154
    This is something that gave me goosebumps when I was younger
    elminster
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Awong124 said:

mlnevese said:

I really love Civilization III's theme. Baba Yetu is amazing.

Baba Yetu is Civ IV. Although some of Civ III's in game music is really good too, especially when you get to modern times.

@Awong124

You´re right. Fixed my post :)