Skip to content

[BG:EE]Dark Horizons Released

Comments

• EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
    @CoM_Solaufein

I am unsure if I have personally thanked you in any of the respective forums for your fine work over the years and just wanted to take this opportunity to do so. You should qualify for an honorary PHD in infinity engine by now.
    JamesCoM_SolaufeinSilent_MarkIchigoRXC
  • TRoarTRoar Member Posts: 50
    Just started a new game as a swashbuckler. Mendas encounter worked without a problem. Looking forward to this. :D
    CoM_Solaufein
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Thanks all! :)
    I am finding it hard to write dialogs for Morwen, she's a chatty person after all, and I, for one, am not a chatty person.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643

I am finding it hard to write dialogs for Morwen, she's a chatty person after all, and I, for one, am not a chatty person.

Copy Noober's dialog.
    SpaceInvader
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Awong124 said:

Copy Noober's dialog.
    I want a bad idea flag ;)
    TRoarIchigoRXC
    No one would have her in the party then.
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    I'd use her if she would annoy the enemies with her constant chattering. :P
    They would run away from being driven mad or fall asleep from boredom.
    Suppose I should get some work done on this since I have a long holiday weekend.
  • TRoarTRoar Member Posts: 50
    What are you working on for the next release, Sol?
    I'm working on getting Morwen developed. That's about it for the moment.
    TRoar
  • EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
    edited July 2013
    Hey ya
    Fredjo
  • KennisKennis Member Posts: 124
    Just wanted to say thank you for all the work on this. I'm adding the mod for my next run through today. I hope the dragon's in it. :)
  • KenzeKenze Member Posts: 27
    in the OP you said -
    " This mod would work best with my Level 40/HLAs mod for BG:EE."
    what is this and where do i find it? I look forward to trying Dark Horizons :) thanks for the hard work
  • wja3wja3 Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2013
    Great work on the mod. Maybe its under my nose, but I can't find the entrance to Section at Beregost. I looked in all of the houses around Thunderhammer but no luck. Please help. Thanks again.
    The door doesn't appear until a couple of conditions are met. Are you past Chapter 3? In which case you would have the Najara fight near the entrance of the Friendly Arm in, which will spawn the Davenport encounter in AR2800. After dealing with Davenport, the door appears.
    Yes, I've had both encounters and have the key from the Davenport encounter in AR2800.
    http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?topic=2835.msg75152#msg75152
    That house right next to the Thunderhammer Smithy. There will be a Section guard in that house that you can eliminate.
    I'll give it another try. Thanks!
    Update: The problem may lie that I tried to start that mission too late. I loaded an earlier save game in Chapter 4 and it worked as it should.
    Glad it worked.
    wja3 said:

Update: The problem may lie that I tried to start that mission too late. I loaded an earlier save game in Chapter 4 and it worked as it should.

I'll see about getting back to working on part two of this mod. Now that idiotic, crash happy Fallout 3 has pissed me of for the last time. For now. Time to do something constructive with my free time.
    Silent_Markmlnevese
  • jfliederjflieder Member Posts: 115
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for your effort to BG:EE-ize this mod, Solaufein! I'm looking forward to installing this mod along with SCS as soon as I get my hands on a new computer. I have a few questions before I do:

Have there been any compatibility issues with running the SCS mod concurrently with this Dark Horizon mod?
    Should this mod be installed before or after SCS is installed?
    And in addition to adding new battles/NPC's/content, does the Dark Horizon mod alter any of the original BG/BG:EE plotline/story?
    In the past it didn't play well with SCS. To my understanding it works fine now after some changes were made.

I would check the SCS readme to see when it should be installed.

Dark Horizons doesn't alter any of the plot. It adds its own quests, NPCs, characters, etc.
    jflieder
    Close to 600 downloads, looking good.
  • true_shinkentrue_shinken Member Posts: 84
    I was very interested in this, but the names for those NPCs were a major disappointment.
  • DexterDexter Member Posts: 253
    @CoM_Solaufein I'm playing your mod right now and I'm really enjoying it. By the way, it works perfectly with SCS, in fact, it seems that SCS features are applied to DH enemies. Is that possible? (I installed SCS last with that in mind). I have a question though:

I've just finished Section Quest and my party's already hit the xp cap (still in chapter 4!), should I remove it? Because something tells me that I'm gonna be facing harder enemies as I go on.

Ohh, and what the hell does the ring of power?
    You should install a high level cap mod. There's one more major confrontation with the mod.

Put the ring on and find out. That's Smeagol's ring right?
    Dexter