Skip to content

BG1 - favourite fights: the Crazies

The user and all related content has been deleted.
  1. BG1 - favourite fights: the Crazies135 votes
    1. Silke (Beregost) (She's a witch!)
        2.22%
    2. Mutamin and his basilisks (Basilisk Garden)
      14.07%
    3. Carsa and Kahrk (Firewine Bridge) (Give me the jar, woman. GIVE. ME. THE. JAR!)
      15.56%
    4. Osmadi and his cave bears (Larswood)
        0.74%
    5. Brage and his sword of beserking (Archaeological Site)
        2.22%
    6. Bassilus and his undead (Red Canyons) (Oh brother Thurm...)
      32.59%
    7. Narcillicus and his slimes (Valley of the Tombs)
        7.41%
    8. Nexlit and Ursa (Xvart Village) (Ursa kind!)
        5.93%
    9. Ramazith (Ramazith's Tower) (Cut up the nymph!)
        5.19%
    10. Desreta and Vay-ya (BG Docks) (Entropy lovers...)
      14.07%
Post edited by [Deleted User] on
SCARY_WIZARDMortiannaTJ_HookerAristilliuslaptopman666

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • zur312zur312 Member Posts: 1,366
    ursa!
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    edited July 2013

People who will pick fights with you when they're well outmatched. o_O

If this were BG2 then Bondari, Nanoc the Barbarian, and Tim Goldenhand win in that category.
    Tsyrith said:

As an adolescent when first playing, these two did catch me in a "wait, what?" moment.

/ashame

Well, I was about 10 or 11 when first playing so that encounter basically put the following thoughts in my head:

...?
    [Deleted User]lunarCrevsDaak
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    I like Bassilus fight for its challenge and righteousness, but Carsa is memorable. To initiate the fight you need to want to help her and then disregard her warnings and act like a huge prick. And then what happens is creepy and you can't help but feel guilty for what happens to poor Carsa. And the incoming battle is very challenging.
    [Deleted User]
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    edited July 2013
    How could you have forgotten Caldo and Krumm?! You know... "Duuuuuuuhhhhhhh....... Yeah....."

They definitely get honorable mention.
    KidCarnivalepicrakshasas
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    SCARY_WIZARD
  • TetrapusTetrapus Member Posts: 17
    I almost went for Bassilus, and then I saw the old Narcilicus Harwilliger Neen. That name alone makes him one of my favourite npcs of the series.
    SCARY_WIZARD
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Narcillicus sure is loved by the children of Ghaunadaur. That alone makes me vote for him. Now, if only he would get the wording right...
  • MilesBeyondMilesBeyond Member Posts: 324
    Honourable mention to Ursa if you've got a Ranger who can Charm her into killing Nexlit and the rest of the Xvarts. So much more satisfying that way...
    [Deleted User]Montresor_SP
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited July 2013

Honourable mention to Ursa if you've got a Ranger who can Charm her into killing Nexlit and the rest of the Xvarts. So much more satisfying that way...

Its probably the most use you are going to get out of the spell :D
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Basillus, just because he's crazier than the rest of the crazies put together. :D
    Moomintroll
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    edited July 2013
    What about Korax and the basilisks?

edit: I see you mentioned Mutamin, but does Korax not get an honourable mention?
    [Deleted User]
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811

Why even cast charm? Once Ursa is "summoned" get out of the way and she beelines right for Nexlit. It's hilarious.
    [Deleted User]TJ_Hooker
  • SheikhSheikh Member Posts: 26
    Ursa is feeling kind, so looks like you will get your ass kicked!
    deltago said:

Why even cast charm? Once Ursa is "summoned" get out of the way and she beelines right for Nexlit. It's hilarious.
    To get a tiny amount of experience? :p
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    rdarken said:

Silke's greeting never fails to make me laugh. Partially because the first time I played (when I was 12 or so) I thought she was saying she's a lesbian.

Thespian.... EXTRAORDINAIRE!

VAs gotta have fun, too!
  • VetrilVetril Member Posts: 22
    I remember the exploding ogre. The first time he attacked my party, he actually exploded my PC.

Honorable mention goes to... Zel? The bandit using DARTS. I was like, "is he serio-ow! Ow! Owwww!"
    [Deleted User]
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    Mortianna said:

The Cult of Aec'Letec, led by Tracea Carol. Any group that intentionally releases a Greater Nabassu into the world, willingly sacrificing their lives in the process, is a bit loony in my book.

I found this one of the most enjoyable and difficult battles in the game (pre-metagaming, that is).

That is a hellacious encounter, I don't even remember how I beat it. I know it involved more buffing than ever. Everybody had Death Ward, a potion of mirrored eyes, and one or two other critical buffs. Then I nuked the lambs while running around crazily trying not to get hit!

And yes, those people are the most crazy!

I have to bring attention to a couple of other encounter I like:

1. The Aldoth Silvershield (sp?) encounter in the Cloakwoods, for the simple fact that you can betray him and join the crazy druids for a moment!

"Sorry man, I gotta side with these guys because they have free aloe samples and my armor is chaffing something fierce!". -- CHARNAME

(shhh I know you just want the sword and the crossbow)

2. The Firewine Ruins and Gullykin:

Where to begin? First, you have a hobbit selling out his village, by providing a secret entrance into the village (which doesn't have a single solitary guard to begin with), for whatever reason we shall never know.

Secondly, you have an ogre-mage who apparently was summoned to stand guard in one room, and he's just laughing happily about that. I'm pretty sure he's too big to leave that room.

And last but not least, the mage. His first attempt to dominate the world is to set up an elaborate base of operations and stage gorilla warfare with a small, seemingly helpless village of hobbits. He's so paranoid that he's got an ogre-mage guarding a tiny entrance on one end, a maze of traps patrolled by an army of heavily armed kobolds on the other, and ogres guarding dead end passageways around him. He's got no bed, no toilet, no desk, nothing. He simply loiters.

3. Keldoth Priest of the Morning Lord. He's got a 4 sirens living with him in the temple. If that doesn't bring people to church, I don't know what will! Clearly he's insane. :)

NoonMortianna[Deleted User]elminster
    edited September 2013
    Necroing this thread.

When I was much younger (before the days of BG2 even) I could never figure out how to beat Kahrk. Back then Minor Globe of Invulnerability as well as shield and protection from missiles made him seem impossible (for whatever reason). Every time I beat him now I'm reminded of that fact.
    nano
  • JediMindTrixJediMindTrix Member Posts: 305
    Even with SCS, Aec'Letec dies awfully fast. I should probably stop doing him in before I fight Sarevok.

Bassilus bores me. Generic crazy.

The one with the crazy woman and the jar.... that is -fun-.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    If you start your game as a spell caster with gaze reflection and korax you can get to lvl 6 in 2 days of in-game time.
    You can do it with just korax, but it harder this way.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    I voted for Bassilus because
    he has the best magic warhammer in the game. His dialogues are also quite entertaining. I played for years without ever realizing that humoring him with just the right answers would cause his undead army to fall.

Also, does anybody else find it weird that Bassilus isn't the basilisk guy? "Mutamin" sounds more like an undead master, as in "mutate the dead bodies."
    [Deleted User]AristilliusCrevsDaaksemiticgoddess
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Bassilus.

Because he is one ca-razy motherf[REDACTED].

God, this thread really points out how many weird ass random encounters this game has. Honourable mention to Silke's voice actress, she made me turn Silke into a recurring villain in my BG PnP game.
  • Night_WatchNight_Watch Member Posts: 514
    What about the wizard and the witch in the Nashkel Carnival? I don't think I saw that in the list. Same goes for the exploding ogre (Oompah?)
    [Deleted User]