Skip to content

***SPOILERS WITHIN*** You can't romance them - but you wish you could

Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
edited August 2013 in Archive (General Discussion)
You have hidden a secret passion for them but now it is time to tell the world. People, who do you love?
  1. You can't romance them - but you wish you could143 votes
    1. Imoen - Dude! That's your sister! You should be ashamed of yourself.
      30.07%
    2. Xzar - Seriously? You really like to live dangerously don't you?
        9.09%
    3. Minsc - So you like the idea of a threesome with a big dumb guy and a rodent?
        2.10%
    4. Shar-Teel - You've got balls (but not for long).
        9.09%
    5. Garrick - If you like disappointing sex followed by endless recriminations I'd say you've come to the right place.
        4.90%
    6. Alora - You need help you sick bastard! She's only three foot tall!
      12.59%
    7. Safana - You do know she's a ladyboy, right?
      20.98%
    8. Kagain - I wouldn't bank on him being able to perform after all that strong Dwarven ale.
        0.00%
    9. Khalid - Submissive. He's going to want you to whip him and call him nasty names.
        2.10%
    10. Noober - Do you want to have sex with him? What about now? What about now? What about now?
        9.09%
Post edited by Dee on

Comments

• MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    Just out of pure, morbid curiosity.

Great poll, by the way!
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Delvarian said:

Yeah! Alora is winning!

There's obviously a of of people out there who are in need of a tickle ...
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Toss-up between Alora, Imoen, and Safana. They have all stolen my heart. Also Skie because she is voiced by Grey DeLisle, who is the most beautiful person to have ever existed.

See, see, uhh, Safana used her charm person ability; Imoen was, uhh, really cute; and then Alora stole it. My heart, that is.
    They now possess it.
  • havlyahavlya Member Posts: 16
    Xan if you are woman you will hear In to the infinitive or that was disappointing.

Woman to Yeslick where is your stick?

Tiax rules them all! Woman belive me you don't

• KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    Xzar, because why not.
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    The romance that isn't there that always bugs me is that I can't hook up the gnome and the paladin outside the paladin headquarters in Athkala in BG2. Both of them express interest and then there is nothing you can do.
  • TyranusTyranus Member Posts: 268
    edited August 2013
    What about now?

Edwin should have been an option, considering he can get turned into a female in every single game (well, in the epilogue of ToB)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

AHF said:

The romance that isn't there that always bugs me is that I can't hook up the gnome and the paladin outside the paladin headquarters in Athkala in BG2. Both of them express interest and then there is nothing you can do.

I thought that that storyline ended up with the gnome and paladin hooking up? (It's been a number of years since I played BG2, but I'm pretty sure that is how things turn out if you keep visiting the Order.)
    I believe you are correct :D
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    She is only my half sister and we both have really good godly genes.
  • kulyokkulyok Member Posts: 33
    There's a romantic path with Garrick, written by Domi - Garrick's Infatuation at G3(I bet it can be converted to BG:EE really easily).

BG1 NPC adds a romance to Shar-Teel.

There's a popular mod called Imoen Romance for BG2.

The next version of Romantic Encounters for BG2 will have a fun cameo bath scene with Minsc.

Safana romance never came to be, but Domi integrated her Safana Romance into a Salomeya romance for IWD2 NPC, and it's a very good one(if you're a girl, you might love Diriel's).

And, yes, Romantic Encounters adds an encounter with Noober. Heheheh. (Or, rather, MYAHAHA!)
    kulyok said:

There's a romantic path with Garrick, written by Domi - Garrick's Infatuation at G3(I bet it can be converted to BG:EE really easily).

BG1 NPC adds a romance to Shar-Teel.

There's a popular mod called Imoen Romance for BG2.

The next version of Romantic Encounters for BG2 will have a fun cameo bath scene with Minsc.

Safana romance never came to be, but Domi integrated her Safana Romance into a Salomeya romance for IWD2 NPC, and it's a very good one(if you're a girl, you might love Diriel's).

And, yes, Romantic Encounters adds an encounter with Noober. Heheheh. (Or, rather, MYAHAHA!)

You. I like you. Here's an Insightful.

You're awesome.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    I know I'm probably going to regret this, but..."ladyboy"?
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Minsc, because big dumb guys also need love. :-))

"Lovely" poll by the way!

I know I'm probably going to regret this, but..."ladyboy"?

Urban Dictionary. :S
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Disappointing. Branwen is missing from the poll options.
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    edited August 2013
    Besides Skie - who to me is the only really beautiful woman in BG 1 - Imoen is quite pretty. Also it's clear in the beginning that you aren't/you're not biologically related to her.
    Aedan said:

Disappointing. Branwen is missing from the poll options.

One does not romance a warrior maiden. One battles her for the honour to be romanced by her... ;P
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Little people need love too.
    And what if I am playing a halfling?
  • SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598
    edited August 2013
    Ladyboy? No she's hot.
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    All the squirrels.
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    edited August 2013
    TIAX!

"Do you wish to bump uglies with TIAX, greatest of all ugly bumper'ers"
  • VilleVille Member Posts: 9
    Definately @Dee
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    edited August 2013
    I feel like the description for Safana lacked inspiration :P

Calmar said:

Also it's clear in the beginning that you aren't/you're not biologically related to her.

Ummmm yeah, you need to play BGII I think. xD
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Spoilers, anyone?
  • ItstucktwiceItstucktwice Member Posts: 182
    edited August 2013
    Sharing a godly essence does not a brother and sister make. Imoen is AT BEST your half sister in a very unique situation. Longtime childhood friends can fall into different types of roles. One of which is obviously brother and sister, while another could be that of lovers.

You also don't even know she is your half sister for most of your life. Plenty of time for feelings to develop. And then there is plenty of time afterwards for those feelings to be rationalized.

All that said, I enjoy the way the Imoen romance mod was done for the most part. Even if a relationship between you two can be rationalized, there would probably most definitely be hesitation on both your parts. It is good that is not just a mod where you just jump right into bed with each other without thinking about the implications.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    People, there are clearly others who haven't played Baldur's Gate 2. If you're going to discuss important plot twists from BG2, please put them in spoiler buttons.