Skip to content

Which Girl does your Charname fancy? (BG 2)

HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
Aerie is dominating a popularity contest on a recent/ongoing poll... but her opponent is Quayle, which doesn't prove much. That gave me an idea... how would she fare against her rivals who vie for Charname's attention?

I am curious cos I've seen various discussions about the appropriateness (or not) of a romance with Jaheira, the 'annoying-ness' (or not) of Aerie and the evilness of Viconia. But as far as I know (through a quick search), there's been no poll to determine who is the most popular amongst the throng of righteous heroes and devious anti-heroes assembled in these forums.

So... who will it be?

ps: This poll only concerns the girls cos I want to see how Aerie matches up against them. Anomen is not in direct competition with her, and is hence excluded.

1. Which Girl does your Charname fancy? (BG 2)281 votes
    1. Aerie
      27.76%
    2. Jaheira
      18.15%
    3. Viconia
      29.54%
    4. All of them: Charname's a player and I use a mod so he can get with all of em'
        4.98%
    5. None of them: Charname's a shorty and none of them likes him :(
        2.85%
    6. Other
      16.73%
SCARY_WIZARD[Deleted User]mashedtatersShapiroKeatsDarkMageUrd1en

Comments

• HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    GoodSteve said:

I don't really think it is accurate to say Viconia is "confirmed" as evil since she can be redeemed to no longer be of an evil alignment. I've also found her inherent evilness throughout the saga to be questionable. Misunderstood for being a drow? Sure. Set in her amoral ways from an upbringing amongst the drow? Definitely. Inherently evil? Not really.

That's a good point... I've never travelled with Viconia, so I don't know her that well. I guess I'll remove that reference.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    I like Aerie. Having had difficulty in my background as well I can relate to her.
    HeindrichlunarmashedtatersAristillius
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    edited August 2013
    Mhmmmm dark chocolate...

Yeah, gotta go with the black beauty. She's just too wicked not to love. I do have a soft spot for Aerie, though...
    elminsterJuliusBorisov
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AscerionAscerion Member Posts: 271
    @typo_tilly

Don't leave us guessing Tilly! Which guy makes you salivate? =P

You know I love Viccy. I have a thing for Drow women. I wish I could show them that Lolth is evil, and that they have been brainwashed from childhood on. *Starry Eyed*

I'd welcome a chance to show Viconia how Good I am.

Uh... I mean...like Lawful Good. Get your minds out of the gutter.

~Ahhhscerion
    lunar
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    edited August 2013
    Jaheira is the kind of girl I usually fall for in real life (strong-willed, independent, and quick to cast me aside, LOL), but Aerie is the kind of girl I should be with (sweet, sympathetic, and understanding).

Having said that, this is what my current charname looks like:

...so I'm stuck with Anomen. >:-(
    lunarDJKajuruAedanlolien
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    jaheira's is the most in depth, I find aerie annoying, and I am not much for how bipolar viconia is. it shouldn't be that inappropriate considering jaheira is a half elf compared to regular elf, who live much much longer. I like being the friend who helps her through her troubles. I also guess it is less inappropriate than tali in mass effect, and yet I have never bothered with anybody but her.

Jaheira is the kind of girl I usually fall for in real life (strong-willed, independent, and quick to cast me aside, LOL), but Aerie is the kind of girl I should be with (sweet, sympathetic, and understanding).

Having said that, this is what my current charname looks like:

...so I'm stuck with Anomen. >:-(

Lol. Were you responding to my post in the previous entry? I don't mind if you think I'm wierd, heh. Also, I have a thing for down-to-earth, strong willed, independent women. The cast aside part is too damn true.

Aerie seems a bit too perfect. I would feel like I was aiming too high if I tried to date her. Maybe that's just me being strange, haha.

~Ascerion
    Ascerion said:

@typo_tilly

It isn't like there is much to choose from. There is Anomen and uh Anomen.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    what makes people say jaheira casts you aside? if romantically then of course she is dealing with Khalid's death so it would take a while longer, and I like that. I like to start out with just a bunch of friendship stuff, rather than right upon meeting wanting to share a bedroll.
    @Tresset

Well, I kinda forgot it was just a BG:2 question, but there's still a lot more than just Anomen. I had to go to the PiH page to see who was there (since I haven't beaten BG:2), but some of them must be...interesting.

Expand my question to include BG:1, Tilly! =P
    edited August 2013
    @Jalily

O_O

You realize you just leaked something insanely amazing, right?

Edited: Uh... for chicks.

~Astraightion
    [Deleted User]
    Ascerion said:

@Jalily

O_O

lol yeah... I don't think I've heard anything about this before.

But truth be told... as a straight guy, it doesn't excite me too much cos I don't intend to roleplay a romance as a gay male charname or a female charname.
    Wandering_Minstrel
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    AscerionlunarAristillius
    @Heindrich1988

My manhood requires you to glance at my edit. Now.

@typo_tilly

He wouldn't snap you in half if you were flexible enough. ^_-
    edited August 2013
    Something that I would be really excited about though would be...

MORE CONTENT. Since Aerie made her rather unexpected offer, which Charname declined cos he is a gentleman and genuinely cares for her, and their 'morning-after' chat. I've seen almost no romance content since. I don't necessarily want more 'drama', more boxes to tick, conversation mines to dodge. I just wanna be reminded that Charname actually has a girlfriend now, and not just have to reload each time she gets petrified. (In fact that's another thing I wish they can fix for BG 2 EE, there should be a clear distinction between voluntary removal from party and petrification!)

@Ascerion:
    lol it's fine, I wasn't implying anythin ;)
    Ascerion
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Tresset
    Ascerion said:

@Jalily

O_O

Edited: Uh... for chicks.

~Astraightion

Well, Rasaad and Dorn will return for BG2:EE, so I think it's safe to assume they will be romance-able as well.

Ascerion said:

Expand my question to include BG:1, Tilly! =P

Oh sorry! n_n' I was thinking the whole series... And didn't consider Dorn because he's evil and would probably snap me in half in the bedroll anyway... o_o;
    @typo_tilly More like you would snap him in half if he even implied a bedroll.

Heh. Jerkasaurus Rex LOL! (even though the meaning would be held better if you said "Tyranojerkus rex")
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    It depends. Viconia is my favorite and my paladins usually end up with her because I love the idea of redeeming her. Different character I roll up end up with different ones. Like, my Ranger is going to romance Jaheira.
    TJ_Hooker said:

Jalily said:

Tresset said:

Ascerion said:

typo_tilly

It isn't like there is much to choose from. There is Anomen and uh Anomen.
    NOT FOR LONG
    Ah, so you're killing off Anomen then? Good, good.
    LOL. If only...
    CrevsDaak
    edited August 2013
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    elminsterCaptRoryAristillius
    edited August 2013