Skip to content

Which Girl does your Charname fancy? (BG 2)

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    edited August 2013

But I gotta say... Rasaad is a bit different to romance in BG2:EE. -_- I mean, when you find him he's picking a fight with a kangaroo at the zoo... idiot. :/ Anyways, the kangaroo is trying to graciously let Rasaad bow out of the fight, but the man's so pissed that he won't let up! (He won't even listen to Quayle!) Well, eventually the boxing kangaroo gets tired of the whole thing and agrees to the fight. Knocks Rasaad right out before the first 3 minute mark. Yeah, the whole tent smells like booze long after the party drags his unconscious butt outside. -_-

After the monk wakes up, most of his romance is just trying to keep him sober. It doesn't help that Jan gets him addicted to some strange turnip smoothy either. Sheesh. And you think Aerie's romance had angst. ~_~

Inside joke:

@typo_tilly You said you would put that in a spoiler tag if you were going to talk about it...
    atcDave said:

I understand Jaheira's romance is the best developed and all; but I do like Aerie. I like how she grows and becomes stronger and more confident as the relationship develops.

Back on topic: I especially appreciate this aspect of Aerie's romance. One of my favorite parts of ToB is
    getting her improved battle cries!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    SCARY_WIZARDDelvarian
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262

If I were to play a male PC, I'd probably go for Aerie or no one. :3 Viconia is into dark intimacy and aunty Jaheira is a little old. n.n'

Huh. How old is Jaheira supposed to be anyway? I suppose half-elves age differently though...
  • AscerionAscerion Member Posts: 271
    Tresset said:

If I were to play a male PC, I'd probably go for Aerie or no one. :3 Viconia is into dark intimacy and aunty Jaheira is a little old. n.n'

Aunty Jaheira? You play with the extra party chatter mod, don't you? =P

• Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    I don't do any of the romances . I find them tedious, irritating and on times downright embarrassing.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Permidion_StarkSCARY_WIZARD
  • rexregrexreg Member Posts: 292
    i think jaheira & aerie are both OK as romances go...i'm currently playing BG2 & for the 1st time ever have Jaheira in my party...I've found I strongly dislike Jaheira because of meta-game issues...she levels so damned slowly i don't really like having her in my party...
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Nalia de'Arnise. /sighs all dreamy-like
    Fredjo[Deleted User]
  • FredjoFredjo Member Posts: 477
    I like to have options :)
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    If only you could romance them without having to talk to them ...
    [Deleted User]
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Bodhi! A fine lady like her wearing warm, crimson makeup surely lets your heart beat a lot faster, eh?
    FredjoelementAristillius
  • FredjoFredjo Member Posts: 477

If only you could romance them without having to talk to them ...

This is good IRL when sex is what you're looking for, but I think it'd be quite boring in a game, you can't really enjoy sex in a game so the talk is all we got.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345

Bodhi! A fine lady like her wearing warm, crimson makeup surely lets your heart beat a lot faster, eh?

The romantic encounters mod lets you seduce (or maybe be seduced by) Bodhi, though understandably it requires you to side with her.

SCARY_WIZARDFredjo
  • CathiusCathius Member Posts: 18
    Viconia. 100%. She's strong.
    Aerie is a 12yo whining pushover.
    Janeira is awesome, but Khalid was there. That definitely makes it a no go.
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    I haven't even played BG2 yet and already I'm planning on having my charname romance Aerie.

I have Viconia in mind too, so in other words, I haven't really decided between them, but Aerie is my first choice.
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    I don't like Jahiera because she's a druid. I don't like druids. I just can't bring myself to keep her long enough to see the whole romance. But taking Kalid's digs rocks.

Viconia is definitely hottest of them all, but I don't really consider it romance because she's just too hateful. It's more lust than romance, at least until end of the game.

Arie is the "best" romance, by process of elimination, but I find her voice actor incredibly annoying.

Mods bring some good alternatives in this game.
  • blackchimesblackchimes Member Posts: 323
    Came here expecting at least one "Imoen" reply. Left disappointed.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Adding mods into the mix makes things much more interesting, especially for the opposite gendered romances, but I guess that's off topic to this particular poll. Just offhand for romanceable male npc's I can think of Gavin, Faren, Nathaniel, and Kelsey.

Mods can also make Nalia romanceable, and add several more romanceable female npc's.

Then there are Dorn, Neera, and Rasaad, once BG2:EE finally comes out.
    mashedtaters
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited August 2013
    @blackchimes, I'm pretty sure there's a mod for that, too. Yep, found one:

http://imoen.blindmonkey.org/

The buzz and comments I can find say it's not very good, though, and it squicks a lot of people because they see Imoen and Charname as brother and sister.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    None in BG2 and Neera in BGEE, well, maybe Aerie, but I never had her in my party.
    lolien
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Thanks all for your votes! I've been impressed by the speed and enthusiasm of your responses. Of course the voting continues, but I think the sample size is large enough for me to make some conclusions/observations.

I guess the results are close to what I expected. I did think poor Jaheira would be a bit more popular, cos people seemed quite polar with her, in that they either thought her romance was inappropriate, or the best. I'm also surprised more of u aren't playas :P

I'm quite interested in how popular culture shapes peoples' attitudes, and in turn their behaviour. I am guessing that the overwhelming demographic of this forum are men who live in the Western world. I really wish I could test my hypothesis, but if I conducted this poll in East Asia (China, Japan, Korea), I'm pretty confident that Aerie would win quite comfortably.
  • AndrewRogueAndrewRogue Member Posts: 72
    Nalia for life.
    SCARY_WIZARD
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Jaheira all the way. Don't get me wrong, I sympathize with Aerie's problems and I respect Viconia trying to figure out where she fits with the world, but Jaheira is the only one of the three that feels truly mature. She's strong and confident to Aerie's shrinking timidness and Viconia's arrogant bluster. And I don't know about the rest of you, but I find that pretty attractive in a woman.
    AristilliusPurudaya
  • taltamirtaltamir Member Posts: 288
    Choosing is for mortals.
    mashedtaters
  • kabkab Member Posts: 75
    Jaheira purely because she has the most interesting and developed quest and because said quest line has important items. Otherwise it would be Viconia.
  • mylegbigmylegbig Member Posts: 292
    edited August 2013
    Sometimes Viconia. I wouldn't have the patience for her head games in real life, but in a game they make her interesting. Jaheira is just annoying. Khalid may enjoy being dominated, but I certainly don't. And more importantly, the son of the god of murder definitely would not.
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    I never played BG2 all the way through but i did save Aerie and of course I know Jaheira a little. Viconia is the hottests and freakiest so I'd probably pick her over the other two.

Safana is my BG girl. Safana and Quayle are the only two party members I want to kick the games butt. However, I read that she hooks up with Coran the elf (what the?) and then sells me out to some mangy wolfweres. Traiterous wench! I gave her CHA and INT tomes, bought her robes of the magi, and risked life and limb for her countless times. :(
    badbromance
  • Durlag_ThunderaxeDurlag_Thunderaxe Member Posts: 71
    MAZZY!

Ooops... I guess I shudda voted 'None'... that'd be more accurate, but in me dreams Mazzy didn't break me heart.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Results of such a pools are always predictable. Viconia this, Viconia that... I suppose drow fetish on this forum is still here.

Which girl my charname fancy is a matter of how I roleplay some character. Sometimes, my charname needs strong woman, sometimes an young, innocent girl, and sometimes a f*ck buddy. That depends.
    However, I pick Jaheira since she's my favourite from the three.
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    edited August 2013
    I said Aerie. I do like her character a lot; she's not very annoying or whiny, and nor does she have a pitched voice (which some people have said she has, but really it's no more high pitched than most of the other female characters like Imoen or Nalia's). But it might surprise some people to learn that I very rarely romance her in the game. Mainly because I think the ToB part of her romance is awful; I think it would have been better to have just seen her continue to grow as an explorer and adventurer, maybe resolve some other things from her past, or just some other sides of her personality... I mean, she's an adopted gnome and worships a god and raccoon who are famous for pranks, so now she's no longer depressed and acting more herself show a more fun and quirky side to her.
    FredjoBaldursCatSCARY_WIZARD