Skip to content

New patch info!

ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
From twitter:

Phillip Daigle:
#BGEE The BGEE patch is quite large in scope and complexity so we will be doing an open beta for it in a few weeks for a short while.

Phillip Daigle:
#BGEE Expect it around early or mid-September. Fixes made during the open beta will improve #BG2EE as well!
RedGuardAristilliusBelgarathMTHFlashburnStarflower2525AnduinNecdilzorermoDragonspear

Comments

• FornostFornost Member Posts: 42
    Damn, and I hoped it sooner... Well I really hope they pull it for this one
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    edited August 2013
    So, I'll have to wait until I start new playthrought. For at least few weeks. Darn it.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    ajwz said:

From twitter:
    Phillip Daigle:
    #BGEE Expect it around early or mid-September.

Well, he didn't specify which September exactly. But being the optimist I am, I think it's save to say the patch will be released before the Big Crunch happens.
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Just to clarify / provide some more details:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/343236/#Comment_343236

TL;DR: the "big patch" will be available as an open beta to Beamdog customers in early September.
    RedGuardermoStarflower2525Dragonspear
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    @ajwz & @Cerevant Thanks for the info. That should prove interesting. Hopefully it all plays out relatively smoothly. *fingers crossed*
    Syntia13
  • ogrebogreb Member Posts: 98
    edited August 2013
    All I heard was... will improve BG 2 EE as well.
    Nerdgasam.
    sarevok57DexterSyntia13Dragonspear
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Hurray :D
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    Is Soviet Russia patch play tests YOU.
    SCARY_WIZARDSyntia13
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Open beta is always a good idea and should really just be an industry standard by now. There is no reason to not have one.

The fact that the Devs are in the constant search of something new in terms of their approach is very encouraging. It shows this is a very client-friendly team and it clearly aims to give us all that is available.

Open beta will serve the dual purpose of demonstrating something from the BG2:EE (I'm sure), and testing among an extremely wide user base likely to bring to light obscure bugs in BG:EE that a much smaller testing team might not find. It's brilliant.

Even if just one additional issue is fixed because of an open beta, it is worth it.

Thumbs up!
    SCARY_WIZARDermoStarflower2525Syntia13
  • blackchimesblackchimes Member Posts: 323

I've got the identify scroll: Check
    Minsc is now a Berserker: Check
    Kivan an Archer: Check

I don't know if you're joking or what but I support these changes.
    Pluc082
  • MaconaMacona Member Posts: 70

I've got the identify scroll: Check
    Minsc is now a Berserker: Check
    Kivan an Archer: Check

Hmm, some people might not agree with the class changes. It's better to leave them as they are, and let players change it themselves with Gatekeeper.

(I'm assuming some clever people have gotten gatekeeper to work on EE. If not, ignore my ignorance)
    Syntia13
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 278
    bengoshi said:

If you zoom in enough you can see Boo going for the enemy's eyes while Minsk is fighting: Check

Oh and it was always there! We just never saw it!

SCARY_WIZARDSyntia13
  • ForgottenMythForgottenMyth Member Posts: 60
    Cerevant said:

Just to clarify / provide some more details:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/343236/#Comment_343236

TL;DR: the "big patch" will be available as an open beta to Beamdog customers in early September.

heh now i really wish i didnt get the game off of Steam :(
  • BanexBanex Member Posts: 127
    Operation booked for Edwin: check
  • AstafasAstafas Member Posts: 448
    Anyone know if there will be any new NPC:s with the new patch?
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    bengoshi said:

Open beta is always a good idea and should really just be an industry standard by now. There is no reason to not have one.

Not to say that you are wrong, but it was an Open Beta of Diablo 1 that physically ate hard drives (or so the urban legend goes).

On the other hand, every Windows platform to date have been Betas that customers actually paid to be part of, so....
    IchigoRXCSyntia13
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314

bengoshi said:

Not to say that you are wrong, but it was an Open Beta of Diablo 1 that physically ate hard drives (or so the urban legend goes).

On the other hand, every Windows platform to date have been Betas that customers actually paid to be part of, so....
    Ah, but they got that bug taken care of before they went to production, amirite?!?
    elminsterStarflower2525
  • theoricustheoricus Member Posts: 115
    edited August 2013
    One would think that BG:EE has been in beta phase since the release ;]
    FornostBenjamin
  • blackchimesblackchimes Member Posts: 323
    So when are we getting the changelog to have something to be excited about?
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Is this the patch where Shamans get fixed?
    [Deleted User]
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    After the open-beta BG:EE SP1 wil be the game we play. Unfortunaly the Steam-buyers have to pay for the SP1-DLC. Beamdog buyers will get it as a free DLC.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214

After the open-beta BG:EE SP1 wil be the game we play. Unfortunaly the Steam-buyers have to pay for the SP1-DLC. Beamdog buyers will get it as a free DLC.

This is not true. Steam users will have the patch normally when Atari releases it through Steam. It's not a paid DLC.

Beamdog clients get to test the patch BEFORE release if they wish to do so. Something they may decide to do or not as the beta version will not be pushed to players but will be available as a separate download.
    Necdilzor
  • silver_gpsilver_gp Member Posts: 21
    I am expecting the new patch !!! It has a beta version, meaning a lot of changes included? haha!! I love it! And I wish I can play this game online with others via Internet in the next patch.:)
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    This patch sounds ambitious. I like it! Definitely won't be starting my new run until I either get my hands on the beta or the patch comes out live.
    Necdilzor
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    is there something different about the steam version that makes it that they would be incapable of beta testing it? I have the beamdog version since the release but just wondering