Skip to content

Patch status

Comments

• RemenissionsRemenissions Member Posts: 102
    Can you say whether or not it will be out by the end of the year?
  • DeefjeDeefje Member Posts: 110
    Can't we just say it'll be a a 'Surprise'? Everybody likes surprises right?

@Streamhopper The whole insult discussion could have been avoid if you said 'Appear like slackers' instead of actually calling people slackers.
  • StreamhopperStreamhopper Member Posts: 19
    edited August 2013
    Deefje said:

Can't we just say it'll be a a 'Surprise'? Everybody likes surprises right?

@Streamhopper The whole insult discussion could have been avoid if you said 'Appear like slackers' instead of actually calling people slackers.

Well I never said they were, I said they come over as or I'll quote myself :"come over as slackers" "and only to ppl who themselves are in a competitive environment" but as you just proved it seems words start to live their own life even when it's litteraly on the previous page. But this is completely off topic.

• Wikkid_SuhnWikkid_Suhn Member Posts: 136
    Raging is rarely on topic. Maybe we could get back on topic if you stopped trolling the forum and go to work as you claim you do.
    Sixheadeddogwinsonsonho
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    The one year anniversary since release of Baldur's Gate EE is in 3 months. Just sayin'.

I'm still here and I guess you are too if you're reading this.
  • yazgangyazgang Member Posts: 41
    patience guys.
  • yazgangyazgang Member Posts: 41
    we will kick butts for goodness.
    Remenissions
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 278
    Oh sure we will! I've been waiting patiently for the game to run on my PC since I preordered. Not that's their fault that I have an Intel Netbook hahaha
  • SixheadeddogSixheadeddog Member Posts: 197

The one year anniversary since release of Baldur's Gate EE is in 3 months. Just sayin'.

I'm still here and I guess you are too if you're reading this.

Hmm. I think, in honor of the one year anniversary, I'll start a new game and play it from start to finish again.

Because it plays beautifully on my computer. Just sayin'. :)
    Paulg
  • winsonsonhowinsonsonho Member Posts: 18

Raging is rarely on topic. Maybe we could get back on topic if you stopped trolling the forum and go to work as you claim you do.

hahahahaha... Well put! Now I need to get back to work too :/
    SixheadeddogWikkid_Suhn
  • StreamhopperStreamhopper Member Posts: 19
    edited August 2013

hahahahaha... Well put! Now I need to get back to work too :/
    Lol did you read his statement? He complains about trolling and finishes his sentence by trolling.
  • alnairalnair Member Posts: 561
    Radwulf said:

Does anyone know whether the Linux version is formally in the works? The most I've seen is a non-committal tweet about there being progress. At this rate it might be released after BGEE2 if at all.

Dee said:

We have the rights to develop it, but we haven't made any official statements about whether or not we intend to do so.

Cerevant said:

The only thing that was ever said about a Linux version was a tweet that Beamdog got the rights to produce one. There is nothing new to announce.

At least @TrentOster himself confirms that "it is still in the plan":

@theguiltmachine BG:EE for Linux is still in the works. We don't have a ship timeline yet, but it is still in the plan.

— Trent Oster (@TrentOster) August 26, 2013
  • Magic88255Magic88255 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    Dee said:

Rahlik said:

Dee said:

Again, updates to Steam take weeks instead of hours because they have to go through Atari first. It simply isn't feasible.

So why not give Atari the open Beta version and the option to get the work done to release it on steam any way? Or is the Open Beta scheduled to only last a week or two thus making the steam release of a beta useless to you guys?

Here's the micro version of what would happen.

Day 1: Open Beta is released to Beamdog customers.
    Day 2: A bug is found, and the Beta is updated to fix it.
    Day 3: A couple more bugs are found, and the Beta is updated to fix them.
    Day 4: Fifteen bugs are discovered and fixed, and the Beta is updated.
    Day 5: No new bugs are discovered, but an update is released anyway to fix some thirty-five bugs that have previously been reported.
    Day 6: Five new bugs are fixed; Beta is updated.
    Day 7: A new feature is implemented for testing.
    Day 8: Saturday; the team takes the weekend off.
    Day 9: Open Beta is released to Steam customers.
    Day 10: Steam customers report the bug from Day 2, because they're playing with a week-old build. Steam customers also report that the feature implemented on Day 7 isn't in the game (which it obviously won't be for another week).
    Day 11: Chaos, I guess?

Let's say we catch and fix a hundred bugs in that first week. Now the Steam version's "Open Beta" is entirely useless because A) we don't know if it's a bug that still occurs in the current build, and B) we don't know if it's a bug that we've already fixed. (And also C) we don't know if it's a bug that's caused by something goin awry with Steam.)

But it's actually worse than useless, because now we have to spend several hours tracking down all the bugs being reported on the Steam version to see if they're the same as the ones that have already been fixed in the Beamdog version. And that continues for every beta update that gets delayed.

If you want to participate in the Open Beta, buy the Beamdog version and grab the client. If you don't want to do that, then you'll get the patch when it's polished and ready for release. There's nothing wrong with not participating in the Beta, but when you make the choice to purchase through Steam you're choosing the convenience of having your games in one location (and, more than likely, a highly discounted purchase price), over the perk of receiving patches on-time and (in this case) participating in public betas.

are you serious ????

just send the beta to atari/steam WAIT one WEEK,update the Beamdog versionm OPEN the beta to everyone. get feedback, build a patch, send it to atari/steam, wait one week, update the Beamdog version and so on............ you guys need a better manager....

your micro version is bullshit/non-sense
    I don't believe you
    your doing this to get more cash (am not going to buy two time the same game)
    why in the nine hell would you want 2 different version of the same game ?
    say goodbye to multiplayers....
    I say ditch the Beamdog version or give all the steam user a key for the Beamdog version
    this in really mess up !
    welcome in 2013!

ps and don't come at me saying : "but we did not know about the steam version..." WELL ... YOU SHOULD HAVE !, it is entirely your fault for not asking. now deal with it

I have paid the same price as everyone I expect to get the same stuff as everyone
    now if you tell me that your not going to take care of the steam version am going to get a refund via my credit card and tell everyone to download your game via torrent because you guys do not care a bit about your customer.
    Post edited by Magic88255 on
  • VortakaVortaka Member Posts: 173
    @Magic88255
    Hum, for your information, EVERY games/update works that way... Steam version ARE different and need to be "printed" (like an hand print or a finger print) by Steam (or ATARI)... (Well, most of them if not all). Take Neverwinter, for example... The updates where done and ready to publish but it took time (about a week if I remember right) before they hit the web... Why? Cause ATARI (Neverwinter's publisher) had to retest it and put their print on it too... Other examples? Take Bethesda's game: Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Skyrim... Guess why the patch was always "later" on, when NOT on PC... As it is with Steam, they needed to pass by a middle man, Microsoft, Sony, Steam, or whoever...

So everything about non sense, not really...
    Simpler example?
    A product is built... Will the developer have it first, or will companies (with distributors and such) have it first... Simple selling/buying logic... To me, it's like the difference between Ebay and a shopping mall! :)
  • AutequiAutequi Member Posts: 403

just send the beta to atari/steam WAIT one WEEK,update the Beamdog versionm OPEN the beta to everyone. get feedback, build a patch, send it to atari/steam, wait one week, update the Beamdog version and so on............

But that would further delay the final patch, by weeks, for EVERYONE. Can you imagine the agony of the Mac users, the iPad users, and especially of those poor, long-suffering Android users?
    CerevantNecdilzor
  • winsonsonhowinsonsonho Member Posts: 18

Dee said:

Rahlik said:

Dee said:

Again, updates to Steam take weeks instead of hours because they have to go through Atari first. It simply isn't feasible.

So why not give Atari the open Beta version and the option to get the work done to release it on steam any way? Or is the Open Beta scheduled to only last a week or two thus making the steam release of a beta useless to you guys?

Day 5: No new bugs are discovered, but an update is released anyway to fix some thirty-five bugs that have previously been reported.
    Day 10: Steam customers report the bug from Day 2, because they're playing with a week-old build. Steam customers also report that the feature implemented on Day 7 isn't in the game (which it obviously won't be for another week).

Let's say we catch and fix a hundred bugs in that first week. Now the Steam version's "Open Beta" is entirely useless because A) we don't know if it's a bug that still occurs in the current build, and B) we don't know if it's a bug that we've already fixed. (And also C) we don't know if it's a bug that's caused by something goin awry with Steam.)

But it's actually worse than useless, because now we have to spend several hours tracking down all the bugs being reported on the Steam version to see if they're the same as the ones that have already been fixed in the Beamdog version. And that continues for every beta update that gets delayed.

If you want to participate in the Open Beta, buy the Beamdog version and grab the client. If you don't want to do that, then you'll get the patch when it's polished and ready for release. There's nothing wrong with not participating in the Beta, but when you make the choice to purchase through Steam you're choosing the convenience of having your games in one location (and, more than likely, a highly discounted purchase price), over the perk of receiving patches on-time and (in this case) participating in public betas.

are you serious ????

just send the beta to atari/steam WAIT one WEEK,update the Beamdog versionm OPEN the beta to everyone. get feedback, build a patch, send it to atari/steam, wait one week, update the Beamdog version and so on............ you guys need a better manager....

I don't believe you
    I say ditch the Beamdog version or give all the steam user a key for the Beamdog version
    this in really mess up !
    welcome in 2013!

ps and don't come at me saying : "but we did not know about the steam version..." WELL ... YOU SHOULD HAVE !, it is entirely your fault for not asking. now deal with it

I have paid the same price as everyone I expect to get the same stuff as everyone
    now if you tell me that your not going to take care of the steam version am going to get a refund via my credit card and tell everyone to download your game via torrent because you guys do not care a bit about your customer.
    Grow up Troll!
    mch202WigglesPaulg
  • inigomartinezinigomartinez Member Posts: 5
    alnair said:

Radwulf said:

Does anyone know whether the Linux version is formally in the works? The most I've seen is a non-committal tweet about there being progress. At this rate it might be released after BGEE2 if at all.

Dee said:

We have the rights to develop it, but we haven't made any official statements about whether or not we intend to do so.

Cerevant said:

The only thing that was ever said about a Linux version was a tweet that Beamdog got the rights to produce one. There is nothing new to announce.

At least @TrentOster himself confirms that "it is still in the plan":

@theguiltmachine BG:EE for Linux is still in the works. We don't have a ship timeline yet, but it is still in the plan.

— Trent Oster (@TrentOster) August 26, 2013

I think I am one of the few persons waiting the Linux version for buying BG:EE :(.
    [Deleted User]
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    Hahaha the privilege was strong with that one. Oh my that was hilarious, made my day.
    AndrewFoleyStarflower2525Morte50Paulg
  • AendaeronBluescaleAendaeronBluescale Member Posts: 335

Especially since, with the Beamdog version, I'll get all the patches quicker. :-D AM I RITE, PEOPLE!?

Sometimes however, DRM-Free does not always mean better. See Divinity: Dragon Commander and GOG: Delayed patches (GOG takes too much time to approve patches) + no matchmaking (because Matchmaking is based on Steam's server and profile list... bleh...).
    elminsterStarflower2525
  • MadokMadok Member Posts: 46
    There is nothing we can do. Just only wait and hope for better future :)
    Wiggles
  • callimachuscallimachus Member Posts: 86
    edited August 2013

are you serious ????

I don't believe you
    this in really mess up !
    welcome in 2013!

Are YOU serious? So you suggest that not only does Beamdog wait 9 days (initially) before starting the beta just so Steam players can participate, but they actually delay each and every fix by nine days just so Steam players can report bugs (a report no longer needed, because those bug were already reported nine days ago, and which can only lead to confusion besides)?

Or are you suggesting that beamdog release a placebo beta on steam, one that they will pay no attention to, because its reports are redundant?

You not only post without thinking what you are posting, you are also doing so rudely and impertinently. Shame on you.
    WigglesStarflower2525Necdilzor
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    edited August 2013

Dee said:

Rahlik said:

Dee said:

are you serious ????

I don't believe you
    this in really mess up !
    welcome in 2013!

1° - It's the right of any customer to complain, and if he found himself outraged by Beamdog politicy, it's his right to voice it in open. I don't think his post is abusive as some ppl vouch but then, each one with his/her own mind in the subject.

HOWEVER

2°.1 - Steam version is independent and answer directly to ATARI. When Beamdog sales where shut down, ATARI and Steam sales where still working at full speed, so in fact while beamdog revamped the game, you're not an directly client of Beamdog but a client from steam, if you want refunds, ask them.

2°.2 - Beta test isn't a right, officialy the product isn't out for the customers, if they wanted to launch a close beta patch, would be their right.

2°.3 - Steam versions can show bugs from the steam engine itself, and then how would we know which bug is from Steam and which is from the game itself? I support a beta test for steam only AFTER we reach an alfa patch for the game here in beamdog engine, but then, these costs should be supported by STEAM not by beamdog and you have to go post in STEAM forum this request.

@Dee gave a fun answer with an subject too serious, as this patch, apparently in reason of company issues, took so much time to be released, maybe that enraged the guy, but the fact is that this game is out already, you paid for the game (to steam) you got the game, the patch to which you're entitled also, by the own virtual adhesion contract, don't have an agreed timeline for it's release. That's the facts, deal with it or no it's your choice @Magic88255.

Ps: but i seriously think that anyone with BG:EE Team member badge shoudn't be making fun with the subject, it's something serious that need a professional approach, make fun with the subject harm the company image (and you ppl represent the company), so ppl with blue post screen, be more seriously in the comments on a frustrated client (even if it's an indirect client).
  • AendaeronBluescaleAendaeronBluescale Member Posts: 335
    edited August 2013
    Workaround idea: Can you release a special client that requires authentication against a steam account possessing a specific game? Runic Games did it with Torchlight 2 for their non-Steam Matchmaking Service (if you bought it via Steam and need to register a Runic account, which requires either a CD-Key or a link to a Steam account that possesses the game).

I know it's a little more work, but that way you are not giving out "free games". You still need either a Beamdog version or a Steam version. Linking can be unique to prevent piracy (a steam account can only be linked to one Beamdog account)
This discussion has been closed.