Alternate NPC and PC portraits... just because! :P

Comments

• revan299srevan299s Member Posts: 64
    edited September 2013
    DarkDogg said:

revan299s said:

Is it me or does the new morrigan look less attractive than before? lol

getting older =)
    I'm not sure, but over 20 years before we first met her...

Not sure how much I'll like them jumping the timeline like that lol.

Dragon Age 2 spoiler

So almost around the same time as DA2 which means the chantry and the mages have been at war for 20 years? lol
    YozZzZz said:

I tweaked one of the Isabella portraits a bit to look more in style with the original portraits. There are also 2 more portraits for barbarians and rangers.

Nice, next paythrough its time to roll a female fighter/thief(or maybe a swashbuckler) :) thanks!
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    YozZzZz said:

I tweaked one of the Isabella portraits a bit to look more in style with the original portraits.

Any chance you could tweak it just a bit more to remove the piercing under her lip? ;-)
  • YozZzZzYozZzZz Member Posts: 22

YozZzZz said:

I tweaked one of the Isabella portraits a bit to look more in style with the original portraits.

Any chance you could tweak it just a bit more to remove the piercing under her lip? ;-)
    Of course, here you are. :)
  • deathvvvdeathvvv Member Posts: 2
    Hey guys. Im starting a play through intending on a paladin of Tyr. I would a youngish paladin and found the perfect picture, except this guy does not have an armor? For roleplaying purposes this guy in a silver/gold armor would be perfect. Any artist out there can put an armor on this guy?

Thanks!

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/027/f/8/f85094be4346c73ea1b36b81c1cb4621-d4nabhj.jpg
  • deathvvvdeathvvv Member Posts: 2
    Is it possible to also get a scar free version of this pic?

Thanks!

https://forums.beamdog.com/uploads/FileUpload/09/95ebc6a0e3a459b20a414414247c05.bmp
  • GreenpaktoGreenpakto Member Posts: 80
    edited September 2013
    Have you guys looked at the famous "Luis Royos" digital art for custom portraits (he is mostly famous for the metal series, AND his nude art)? If not, this is how they can look if cropped properly (sadly when I cropped some of these back in the days I only did mediums...)

Humans:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Elves:

Should be mentioned that these ones are extra crispy and "detailed", simply because I bought some of Luis Royos calenders a long time back, and scanned them into my PC, and they somehow retained that "nice" realistic look. I tried cropping Luis Royos-google pictures, but most of them ended up with bad quality (or well with that "painty feeling, and I prefer the "realistic look that he somehow added for his calenders only").
    Post edited by Greenpakto on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Haer'dalis... How I wish this is how he looks like:

SwordsNotWordsDrugarEffinylunar
  • true_shinkentrue_shinken Member Posts: 84
    Anyone up for baldurizing Sean William Scott? He would be awesome as some kind of rogue.
    DJKajuru
    edited November 2013
    delete
    Post edited by SharGuidesMyHand on
    This picture was originally from NWN, but I always felt it was ideal for Jaheira:

imageimageimage
    GaveFredjo
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Maybe this is the right thread for this request, maybe not (...) but if someone could Baldurize this I'd be very grateful - it's very low-res because it was taken with an isight camera:
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • AleksandrAleksandr Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2013
    Hi artists!!

I would like to make a request too if possible.

Can someone put some steampunk goggles on the Montaron portrait?

I wanted to do it but i suck at modifing images :(

(sorry for my english)

The file i add is a pic of Montaron and a second pic of Montaron with some goggles i tried to put on him.

Cause i would like a Halfling Thief/Rogue with steampunk goggles like Jan Jensen ones :P
    Post edited by Aleksandr on
  • AleksandrAleksandr Member Posts: 3
    not really good as you can see :(
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    @jackjack: I'll do what I can, but expect very little.
    How do you want it done? Mage? Fighter?thief?
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    @meagloth: Fighter and/or thief. Thanks!
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • MukoraMukora Member Posts: 14
    edited September 2013
    Could anyone crop this Imoen picture to be closer to the BG2 portraits in zoom-level, and amount of body in the shot? And possibly edit a version with no scars for BG1?
    Post edited by Mukora on
    DarkDogg
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Where did you get that Imoen picture from? That would make for a nice default for her portrait in BG2.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    edited September 2013

Where did you get that Imoen picture from? That would make for a nice default for her portrait in BG2.

@CoM_Solaufein

You can find a larger version, in three different colours, here.

Edit: as I'm curious myself about the origin of the portrait, I made a search for image and I've found this old (2006) discussion, but I'm unable to find the original post on the art forum.
    Post edited by Erg on
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    @jackjack:image
    I'm afraid it's not very good. The photo was a low resolution so I had to paint over it so it's not a pixelated mess. I just use an iPad painting app, and these are pretty easy to learn to use, so if you want, you should try to do this yourself. After all, you have a better idea of what you want.
    jackjack

That was my thought as well. Problem is that the ratio is very far off from the actual BG2 portraits, and being the OCD sod that I am, this bothers me immensely. All my attempts to crop it to be more in line with the default BG2 portraits have been failures, however. So I thought maybe someone here could give it a go.

Thanks a lot, man! Now I can have an Imoen that actually looks her age.
  • SwordsNotWordsSwordsNotWords Member Posts: 147
    Syntia13 said:

@revan299s

revan299s said:

Hey everyone.
    I'm hoping someone might be able to do something with this one.
    Neera?

It sure looks like her. This is a rush job, but it looks good enough if you don't start to wondering too hard where the hell the light source is. (And hey, with her magic, it might be coming from random spheres of energy, right? ;P
    I think I might start using it as Neera's portrait from now on. :D
    I'd certainly be more interested in her romance if she looked like this...

(Feeling somewhat shallow)
  • Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514
    @Shandyr
    Shandyr said:

If someone is willing I'd like to request a portrait based on this photo.
    This would make me do my first female PC BG playthrough! And as a paladin as well ;)

Hmm, I'm not sure if this is post ready, but it's been a long day, and getting late, so I'll just post it as is.
    Does this meet your expectations, or did you want a less-photo-more-painted look? Is the cloak OK, or do you want armor?

[Deleted User]booinyoureyesCrevsDaak
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598
    Syntia13 said:

Well, here's my try. The armor is taken from the attached picture - not mine, I had it save on HDD, but I don't remember where it came from.
    I replaced the scull with a symbol of Lathander, since you wanted a paladin, not a blackguard. ;)

great portrait.
    Could you do the same pic, but with the skull, please? :-)
This discussion has been closed.