Skip to content

Ask Us Anything! (Volume 3)

Comments

• WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    Any idea why the forums are switching (seemingly randomly) between the white and black background screens for me?
  • GleichgewichtGleichgewicht Member Posts: 6
    Honestly: Do you work again on the german localisation/soundfiles for the BG1EE and when can we expect it? This year, next year or maybe never?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Wanderon Vanilla is acting up again... at least no green monster until now.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Wanderon said:

Any idea why the forums are switching (seemingly randomly) between the white and black background screens for me?

Are you on a tablet or smartphone? I think the mobile version has a white background. So, if your browser is alternating between the mobile and desktop versions of site, that would explain it.

• hummer010hummer010 Member Posts: 95
    Gave said:

hummer010 said:

A linux version of BG:EE was mentioned a couple of times. Is this going to happen? Is BG2:EE going to get linux love also?

Not sure about the glitches vs native, but BG:EE is perfectly playable/completeable via the 'Wine' layer. Can Use windowed fullscreen so the ALT key is less annoying.
    @Gave: The game plays just fine in WINE. The client doesn't work though, so the only way to get updates is on windows. I don't have windows. I have to have a windows install in virtualbox to use the client, and then copy the files to linux.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I'm very happy with how well it works in WINE. I was just looking for official clarification on the status of native linux support.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    So, the old info was that the patch would be release in the early september, what evidently didn't happened. Then, any chance of at least a disclosure of the log of the new patch and, if possible, the set of a new release day.

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @kamuizin
    As I said before, we'll try to give about a week's notice before the beta goes live. We'll probably post a patch log sometime during that week.
  • rathlordrathlord Member Posts: 171
    @Dee I have another good question.

Would you consider handing out 24 hour bans instead of answers to people asking when the patch will come out, when a response is already within the exact same thread?
    edited September 2013
    rathlord said:

@Dee I have another good question.

Would you consider handing out 24 hour bans instead of answers to people asking when the patch will come out, when a response is already within the exact same thread?

Weeeeee 1° time without abuse button so no holding back here :)!

@rathlord, there's no exact info about the stuff, and i asked it to the moderators or devs, not to their kiss asses trying to impress (it's an legit expression from google translate from what i saw and there's no synonymous for it). So now i have a question to you, did your mom loved you?

Ps: my reply would be an click on abuse button early but with the circumstances and after you statement, you put yourself in the fire line.

@kamuizin
    Flaming is still against site rules. Though I think we all know you were speaking in jest, try not to abuse the lack of a flagging system. :)
    Dee said:

@kamuizin
    Flaming is still against site rules. Though I think we all know you were speaking in jest, try not to abuse the lack of a flagging system. :)

K, K :)!
  • PalanthisPalanthis Member Posts: 283
    Patch log while waiting is good news :) Thanks !
  • SchopenhauerSchopenhauer Member Posts: 36
    What’s about releasing some of the patch chances on a daily basis? I’m sure many would appreciate it. Bug fixes might do it. Of course the mentioned changes are not definitely final.
    A policy like that could show you’re good will towards the concerned fans around here.

What’s about releasing some of the patch chances on a daily basis? I’m sure many would appreciate it. Bug fixes might do it. Of course the mentioned changes are not definitely final.
    A policy like that could show you’re good will towards the concerned fans around here.

Too much work for a log disclosure i think.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    BG2EE question, are all the new areas tied to the new NPCs, ie. if I don't have a single EE NPC in my party would I be simply not be able to access any new content?

Also what was the reason behind turning the Radiant Heart building around? Not that I mind either way, just curious.
  • pekirtpekirt Member Posts: 111
    Messi said:

Also what was the reason behind turning the Radiant Heart building around? Not that I mind either way, just curious.

Wild guess: To fit widescreen resolutions better? I was curious about this also.
  • BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    It matches outdoors better when its turned around.
    @Bercon has it. The "main entrance" to the building, in vanilla, puts you somewhere in the stables, rather than in the actual entryway. Flipping it around makes that entrance make sense based on how you're actually entering the building.
  • ghostowlghostowl Member Posts: 171
    Will you guys include some incredibly challenging but fun battle encounter with good gear drops? (Like Rogue Rebalancing mod's Chosen of Cyric encounter)

• JorkanJorkan Member Posts: 74
    Can you tell us if there will be any neat goodies (new NPC, new kits, etc.) in the patch?
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @Jorkan There isn't any new content in the upcoming patch, just a metric tonne of fixes. :)
  • FredjoFredjo Member Posts: 477
    LiamEsler said:

@Jorkan There isn't any new content in the upcoming patch, just a metric tonne of fixes. :)

What about the UI? :)
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @Fredjo That's not new content, it's a UI change :D It's not a new UI, just some changes to streamline and improve things a little. :)
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    edited September 2013
    We all know BG-EE and BG2-EE use the same engine and means BG-EE upcoming patch will also improve BG2-EE well

But i am curious what different between BG2-EE and BG-EE ?

Both of BG-EE and BG2-EE use the same engine , may i say the different point is only storyline and some UI layouts ?

Or BG2-EE has some cool ideas in new features and didn't be disclosed until now ?

On the other hand , may i expect those new features will be implemented to BG-EE after BG2-EE has been released on Nov.15th ?
    Post edited by darrenkuo on
  • SikorskySikorsky Member Posts: 402
    Since BG:EE is avelible on Steam, do you consider adding achivments? I think you can make a lot of achivments and it will refresch the game even more.
  • killeahkilleah Member Posts: 124
    After reading the last 50 new entries, only one question pops into mind.

When do you guys get tired of getting asked for the 50th time from the same people, for a patch release date?
  • FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
    Lances and mounted combat in a future DLC!
    Sikorsky said:

Since BG:EE is avelible on Steam, do you consider adding achivments? I think you can make a lot of achivments and it will refresch the game even more.

This kind of thing only depends of steam, beamdog has no control there.
This discussion has been closed.