Skip to content

[BG:EE]Dark Horizons Released

Comments

• smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963

You should install a high level cap mod. There's one more major confrontation with the mod.

Put the ring on and find out. That's Smeagol's ring right?

what's going on here? It's precious to me.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Indeed. :)
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Ahh, that looks interesting!

Added to the list of 'to install when the patch hits'.
    CoM_Solaufein
    I think Morwen is going to be Chaotic Neutral instead. She's a little on the crazy side of things.
    mlnevese
    I hear people whine about mods not being compatible with EE, I have one right here and I only have minor feedback since I posted about the above new NPC that may be in the next release?
    Schopenhauer
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    As an NPC fanatic all I can say is that the more NPC, the better :) I like to have options.
    Schopenhauer
  • GigioBigioGigioBigio Member Posts: 18
    I'm a fan of all TeamBG mod from the first release of Dsotsc long time ago.... So i'm waiting for new version of DH and compatible version of Dsotsc and Ntotsc for EE... :)

Red hair, green clothes and Bard class....is she keira's sister? Hope to see this release soon.
  • TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    I think a lot of people are holding out for patch 1.2 before starting the game again due to all of the new-game dependent alterations. Hopefully once the patch is released the mod will get a lot more attention!

:)
    The screenshots show I have her in the game. I'm still writing her dialogs with your character at the moment.
    She's not all she appears to be. ;)
    She will ask you a lot of questions, until a certain situation happens in the game. Then two possibilities will happen. Can't reveal, major spoiler.
    She sure likes the color green.
    She also seems to have an obsession with keeping her deceased lover's possessions.
    Her portrait has her holding a skull and there's a skull in her inventory screenshot.
    mlnevese
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566

She sure likes the color green.
    She also seems to have an obsession with keeping her deceased lover's possessions.
    Her portrait has her holding a skull and there's a skull in her inventory screenshot.

She-Hulk necromancer?

mlnevese
    Ha good one.
    I forgot to add her studded leather armor in. Screenshot has it. Plus she only been in the party for a short period of time and has two kills. She's good with the bow.
    mlneveseSchopenhauer
  • xenophonxenophon Member Posts: 17
    Going to give this mod a try, love encounters and new joinable npcs are always fun to try out
    CoM_Solaufein
    Thanks.
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    Are the new NPC's romancable? And if so, any restrictions? :)
    Thank you for making mods!
    No romances I'm afraid.
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    This mod looks really really good. I'm just having slight concerns about game balance with all the new items. How do they blend in?

PS. Next run I'll be playing with SCS (core rules, avg party hitpoint). I don't want the new items to make the game too easy (they probably won't though).
    Well, you'll need some of the equipment that DH has if you want to survive some of these encounters. Some of the encounters are well trained, powerful professionals.
    Wilbur
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    @CoM_Solaufein
    Are you willing to consider multilingual release?
    I tried to send you a message but remained unanswered.
    I look forward to have people translate the mod. Well it does have German, Russian and Italian but those are outdated and not for this version of the game. They;ll have to be updated when I get the next release done.
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    Excellently.
    I am head translator BG:EE for Czech language. When you made next release, i soon send you Czech texts.

BTW: You also work on Dark Side of the Sword Coast, right?
    I already have translation "old" version Dark Side of the Sword Coast and i plan translate new version too. Do you know something about DSSC approximate release?
    ( Specifically: Are texts completed? )
  • mackosmackos Member Posts: 188
    this mod should be balanced a bit i think. New items are too powerful and too easy to obtain especially those you can buy at friendly arm's inn. I know - easy solution is just not buying any of them but hey small increase in prices should help a bit. This mod is supposed to be a tactical challenge and powerful items should be meant as reward for this challenge. Now buying same of them at the beginning of the game is not a big deal even for newbies. Beside price increase, maybe You can postpone vendors for later chapters?? Or cut down their store content for the first 3 chapters at least?

I love modders for their work and im also very happy when i see a new content for BG but the most precious thing i can get for bg is increased difficulty. I'm just expressing my preferences and i really appreciate Your work
    Thanks. I welcome any translations. The next release for Dark Horizons will be posted here.

DSotSC doesn't have a release date. I am working on the beta version at the moment, in what free time I have, Once I am satisfied that its working correctly, I may release the beta to the public, to see if I may have missed any thing.
    Edvin said:

Excellently.
    I am head translator BG:EE for Czech language. When you made next release, i soon send you Czech texts.

BTW: You also work on Dark Side of the Sword Coast, right?
    I already have translation "old" version Dark Side of the Sword Coast and i plan translate new version too. Do you know something about DSSC approximate release?
    ( Specifically: Are texts completed? )

Terminstel
  • TerminstelTerminstel Member Posts: 3
    Will be next release final, or are you planning more updates ?

BTW: I can not wait for release, do you have at least a rough estimate of the release ?
  • DragonRiderDragonRider Member Posts: 43

I hear people whine about mods not being compatible with EE, I have one right here and I only have minor feedback since I posted about the above new NPC that may be in the next release?

Thank you for making this mod. I'm new to using mods for games, and yours is one of the first ones I've tried. So far I'm really enjoying it. I love the challenge and the rewards for the new encounters you created. I'm only in chapter 3 right now, and am looking forward to experiencing how everything plays out with the main plot of the mod and trying my hand at the side quests you added (especially the one with the Dragon). I'm also excited about teaming up with Nikita and Thorin.

I read what you wrote about the new NPC you've been working and I'm really hoping you add her in your next release. It sounds like you have given her a lot of depth, which is something that most of the BG1 NPCs lack. Your hints about her remind me of some of NPC quests in BG2. I loved these types of quests because the choices your character makes during them has a major impact on the personality and development of the NPCs. If what you have planned for Morwen is similar, I applaud you.

~DragonRider
    Wilbur
    It might be the last release in regards to new content. I will have to flesh out the other two NPCs in the mod also.

Will be next release final, or are you planning more updates ?

BTW: I can not wait for release, do you have at least a rough estimate of the release ?

Thanks for the feedback and kind words. This is the thing that keeps me motivated.

Thank you for making this mod. I'm new to using mods for games, and yours is one of the first ones I've tried. So far I'm really enjoying it. I love the challenge and the rewards for the new encounters you created. I'm only in chapter 3 right now, and am looking forward to experiencing how everything plays out with the main plot of the mod and trying my hand at the side quests you added (especially the one with the Dragon). I'm also excited about teaming up with Nikita and Thorin.

I read what you wrote about the new NPC you've been working and I'm really hoping you add her in your next release. It sounds like you have given her a lot of depth, which is something that most of the BG1 NPCs lack. Your hints about her remind me of some of NPC quests in BG2. I loved these types of quests because the choices your character makes during them has a major impact on the personality and development of the NPCs. If what you have planned for Morwen is similar, I applaud you.

~DragonRider
    WilburEudaemonium
  • DragonRiderDragonRider Member Posts: 43
    edited October 2013
    @CoM_Solaufein

First off, I want to say that I really like the unique items I've found in this mod, and I've only scratched the surface of all the content you created. I'm excited about finding more unique items! I'm also looking forward to my next play through. My current party just does not have the proficiencies to make use of everything I've found. My next party definitely will.

That being said, I was playing around with the items I had found so far and I noticed that some of them do not work the way the item descriptions say they should. There are also a few items that work differently than what their original BG:EE counterparts work. It is very possible that these items were created that way intentionally. Since I don't know what your original vision was for these items were, I thought I'd point them out just in case. For the most part, the issues are minor, so feel free to ignore this entire post if you are happy with the way your items are working. I hope this helps in some way.

Doufas' Sabre - Description says that it uses the Scimitar/Wakizashi/Ninjato proficiency, but it seems to use the Short Sword proficiency in my game. It shows up as a Short Sword in ShadowKeeper too.

Dagger +2: The Shocker - Description says it has a +2 bonus to THAC0 and damage, however it actually gives a +3 bonus to THAC0 and Damage in my game. Also, the description mentions something about a save vs. wand when the electricity damage triggers, but I'm not sure if that works correctly. I've never seen anything save against it.

Holy Flail of the Sun - Description says it does an additional 2D3 fire damage. What it actually does in my game is 7-16 points of Fire damage. Additionally, flails in BG:EE do 1D6+1 base damage. This flail does 1D8 base damage.

Battle Axe +3 Duragon's Power - Description says it has a +3 bonus to THAC0 and damage, however it actually gives a +4 bonus to THAC0 and Damage in my game.

Ring of the Druid - Description says it can be worn by Monks, but Monks cannot wear it.
    EDIT: Actually, I discovered that the classes listed as being able to wear this ring are correct. What isn't listed in the description is that it requires a True Neutral alignment. Monks can wear this ring if you can find a way to change their alignment to True Neutral. A Druid who manages to have his/her alignment changed to something other than True Neutral cannot wear it.

Light Crossbow +3 Firetooth - Description says it deals 1D6+3 damage, but it only does 1D6+2 damage in my game. Additionally, the base damage of a crossbow bolt in BG:EE is 1D8. The magic bolts fired from this crossbow only do 1D6 base damage.

Gauntlets of Skilled Thievery - Description says it adds 20% to Find/Remove Traps, but in my game it adds 20% to Move Silently instead.

Duragon's Plate +4 - This armor does not seem to have the magical attribute/flag added to it. A Ring/Cloak/Amulet of Protection can be worn with it.

Elven Chain Mail +3 (from the Elf Encounter) - The Elven Chain Mail in BG:EE can be worn by Thieves, but this armor cannot. This armor does not seem to have the magical attribute/flag added to it. A Ring/Cloak/Amulet of Protection can be worn with it. Also, the armor gives the wearer +1 Dexterity but there is no mention of that in the description. Finally, there appears to be an added effect on this armor that grants an additional -1 AC above and beyond the base AC of 2 for +3 Chain Mail. Below is what is displayed in my game when it is worn:
    Elven Chain Mail +3 Armor Class: 2
    Elven Chain Mail: -1
    Dexterity: -X
    Elven Chain Mail +1 - In my game, this armor can be worn by anyone. Kensai, Monks, Mages, etc. can wear it. This armor does not seem to have the magical attribute/flag added to it. A Ring/Cloak/Amulet of Protection can be worn with it. Also, the armor gives the wearer +1 Dexterity but there is no mention of that in the description. Finally, there appears to be an added effect on this armor that grants an additional -1 AC above and beyond the base AC of 2 for +3 Chain Mail. Below is what is displayed in my game when it is worn:
    Elven Chain Mail +1 Armor Class: 4
    Elven Chain Mail: -1
    Dexterity: -X
    Post edited by DragonRider on
    Wilbur
    Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I thought I had a lot of this incorrect item stats fixed a long time ago.