Skip to content

[BG:EE] Battle Enhancer Mod (ver 1.33 RELEASED!)

Comments

• CharanCharan Member Posts: 118
    edited November 2013
    Ver 1.32 RELEASED!:
    - Borda won't drink his cursed potions during fight.
    - Improvement of script for creatures using both ranged and melee weapons. These enemies will sometimes attempt to increase their distance instead of switching to melee immediately when approached by players(should be more annoying and harder to catch now). Also improved weapon switching response time.
    - Some AI script performance improvements.
    - Fix for quest to bring Worn Whispers boots. (Unfortunately it's not retrospective once you have killed the hobgoblin dropping the boots.- sorry)
  • jean30jean30 Member Posts: 20
    Bug reporting: the quest given by Hulrik, where u have to save his cow before it dies by xvart, it is bugged. I mean i kill all the xvart but he keep saying "Why are you talking to me? they're killin' Arabelle even as we speak!"
    edited November 2013
    jean30 said:

Bug reporting: the quest given by Hulrik, where u have to save his cow before it dies by xvart, it is bugged. I mean i kill all the xvart but he keep saying "Why are you talking to me? they're killin' Arabelle even as we speak!"

Ver 1.33:
    - Fix for Zombie Plague Quest. (Fix won't work if you already killed the zombies)
    - Fix for Xvarts attacking cow quest. (Fix won't work if you already killed the cow gankers)
    - Fix for Flind damage (they were dealing less than they should).

also, don't know if it is intentional, the gankers leave the cow as soon as you engage them.so that the cow always survive...
    btw, thanks for fixing it
    They should focus the cow with the fix from 1.33.
  • mackosmackos Member Posts: 188
    i liked mutamin encounter. You should script him to use dispel magic to remove protection from petrification :-)
  • shadow85shadow85 Member Posts: 128
    I also had the cow killa quest bugged. But I already killed all the bastards that tried to murder the cow, so I think it's going to stay permanantly bugged.
    Yeah well it's just a cow quest I killed them too and then I fixed the bug anyway :P
    Yeah but cow's are sacred in my culture, I don't want to leave him there undefended incase he gets attacked again.
    edited November 2013
    I like the difficulty of some mages in here, not sure if its a BE feature or a SCS feature but some enemy mages are really powerful for BG1, but im loving it. Will come back to them later when I have some better anti mage/magic abilities :)
    It's BE. I had to postpone few mages fights as well for that reason :P
    uhm, for the first time today morning a mage summoned an earth elemental vs me . . .
    it was the one at the bandit's acampment, before the clockwork mines . . .
    really nice done, thanks...
    scared thinking about mages in bg now :)
    edited November 2013
    The mage im talking about is the one outside of firewine ruins, the one that appears after you persist that lady for her djini jar. Dat ogre mage is BOSS! Have to come back much later when I have much stronker party.
    for me, until chaper 5 this mod is way easier than SCS. I had no problems with mages. If you are used to play with SCS, pure BE is not that difficult (at least for now - chapter 5). Unlike SCS, mages gain acces to higher level spells in BE. But still, their difficulty level is lower than in SCS.

But I really enjoy this mod so far
    Bug Reporting: i just killed Marek, but he didn't drop his part of the antidote . . .i am fated to die horribily in 10 days . . .
    jean30 said:

Bug Reporting: i just killed Marek, but he didn't drop his part of the antidote . . .i am fated to die horribily in 10 days . . .

What antidote? Unedited (ignore override) Marek doesn't have such antidote. Besides i did not chance anything for him except his HP and Thac0, Inventory untouched.

@jean30 if You'll not solve this problem remember - there is always cluaconsole spell
    used clua since i killed him 4 times, but never dropped it ( don't remember if it should drop from him or not) as soon as i used clua i got 10k xp and the quest done...
    another thing, in the map of the bridge right before BE city , i can't see the city's wall . . .
    i only use this mod + scs( installed first scs then bE)...
    edited November 2013
    Bug Reporting: Spiders attack each other when you go in a new zone...
    Good Job reporting: this is awesone...i just got my lev drained by 2 ghosts in the catacombs under Candlekeep...i got no cleric in party so i have to w8 to be outside before gaining my levs back...thanks :)
    Edit: Another bug: in the room at 665,1822 in catacomb lev 1 there is an invisible item if you loot the sarcophagus that isn't showed in the inventory and that can't be removed. It says "Personal item"
    jean30 said:

Bug Reporting: Spiders attack each other when you go in a new zone...
    Good Job reporting: this is awesone...i just got my lev drained by 2 ghosts in the catacombs under Candlekeep...i got no cleric in party so i have to w8 to be outside before gaining my levs back...thanks :)
    Edit: Another bug: in the room at 665,1822 in catacomb lev 1 there is an invisible item if you loot the sarcophagus that isn't showed in the inventory and that can't be removed. It says "Personal item"

Spiders actually attack each other in real life :D they are very territorial and competitive. But it's impossible with just my mod as their attack script does not allow that. Are you sure that's not caused by SCS or any other mod that you installed? Also about the catacomb... Do you have the area number maybe so i can look into that? I also doubt thats from my mod but maybe lunar has put something there
    @Charan : thanks for the fast replay
    as for the spider thing...don't know if is due to scs, but could be ( 0 knowledge of modding )
    as for the catacomb thing, it is the catacomb area under candlekeep ( can't help with the number since i already saved past it) but it should be AR2615 (i searched on web)...
    as for the mod you created: man this is epic...more mobs to kill (like the really bad ghost who sucked away 2 levs from my main) and new items ( just found a circlet +1int +1ca +1ts) for my kensai/mage and a ring of regeneration...
    jean30 said:

@Charan : thanks for the fast replay
    as for the spider thing...don't know if is due to scs, but could be ( 0 knowledge of modding )
    as for the catacomb thing, it is the catacomb area under candlekeep ( can't help with the number since i already saved past it) but it should be AR2615 (i searched on web)...
    as for the mod you created: man this is epic...more mobs to kill (like the really bad ghost who sucked away 2 levs from my main) and new items ( just found a circlet +1int +1ca +1ts) for my kensai/mage and a ring of regeneration...

Gald you like it. I also enjoy the new items that drop from random monsters now - It just makes the game into something new for once - not the same old shit with same old equipment all the time.
    As for the spiders: no that's not due to my mod unless its somehow due to combination of SCS and BE
    Ill check the catacombs tomorrow.

edited November 2013
    not sure if this is normal or not, but in the Gullykin village, is there meant to be someone names Malkor near the bottom right of the map, who has a party that attacks you? I read some walkthrough's and they all suggest that this Molkar should be there waiting for you, only thing, he is not there in my game. I searched entire Gullykin village.

Maybe SCS has put them in a different location.
    Also, now that my party is LVL 6+, when I move area maps, I sometimes get waylay'd by enemies, it seems to be a bounty hunter and his party surround you, but there seems to be double the party and his leader. Because when the map loads, the leader starts a conversation about hunting you, when you end the dialogue him and his party attacks you, but there is also another bounty bunter right next to him who starts a conversation straight away, pretty much saying the same thing that he is hunting you, and then him and his party attack you.

Not sure if that's intentional, but it's kind of weird that you have deja vu at that point, where you are told that you are being hunted, and then the dialogue ends, and another guy starts a another conversation and says pretty much the same thing.
    shadow85 said:

not sure if this is normal or not, but in the Gullykin village, is there meant to be someone names Malkor near the bottom right of the map, who has a party that attacks you? I read some walkthrough's and they all suggest that this Molkar should be there waiting for you, only thing, he is not there in my game. I searched entire Gullykin village.

Maybe SCS has put them in a different location.
    Also, now that my party is LVL 6+, when I move area maps, I sometimes get waylay'd by enemies, it seems to be a bounty hunter and his party surround you, but there seems to be double the party and his leader. Because when the map loads, the leader starts a conversation about hunting you, when you end the dialogue him and his party attacks you, but there is also another bounty bunter right next to him who starts a conversation straight away, pretty much saying the same thing that he is hunting you, and then him and his party attack you.

Not sure if that's intentional, but it's kind of weird that you have deja vu at that point, where you are told that you are being hunted, and then the dialogue ends, and another guy starts a another conversation and says pretty much the same thing.

Not from my mod. Neither the molkar thing or double leader. My mod does not edit 2da files except for the shop prices one not the ingame strings. Enemy locations are left untouched, unless some additional enemies are added (but thats still only to static locations, not random encounters.)
    Charan said:

Not from my mod. Neither the molkar thing or double leader. My mod does not edit 2da files except for the shop prices one not the ingame strings. Enemy locations are left untouched, unless some additional enemies are added (but thats still only to static locations, not random encounters.)

Yeah I think SCS changed Molkar location, not 100% sure on this.
    @shadow85 this is from SCS. This group and a group of amazons just outside of Mulahey hideout will chase you randomly in chapter 3.
    edited November 2013
    Found another bug, although im sure it is not BE causing it, sorry Charan for all these bugs that are possibly not yours.

When I fight Icharyd the skeleton warrior in Ulcaster, once I have done enough damage to him, he will complain about something and then the game starts glitching when that dialogue ends. Your party keep jumping on the spot a few spaces around that position, and it loops, you cant move anywhere or do anything, it's a game breaking bug, where Icharyd is teleported back where you first saw him and your party cant move anywhere.

ATM, I am loading a previous save and avoiding this battle until I know what's causing this bug and how to fix it. Must be SCS.

EDIT: Ok after some searching it is definatly a BGEE and SCS problem:
    http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=11955

sorry charan.
    Nothing to be sorry about really.
    edited November 2013
    Ah...well...a ghost in the third level of Durlag tower just casted a maze on my main. . .man i totally love you...do you plan to create a BE for bg2 too?
    EDIT (Spoiler): okay man, you have exagerated...a Beholder in the maze... lol
    Post edited by jean30 on
    edited November 2013
    I think the increase in EXP should not have been added. Im only up to cloakwood forests, and my party has been level 7 for a long time, and everything has just been dreadfully easy. Like absolutely everything presents no challenge, no fun anymore. :(

All my warriors are too high level already they hit everything and make short work of any creature now, mages included.
    Post edited by shadow85 on