Skip to content

[Spoilers!] The long avaited Major update 15.11.2013 All you wanted to know about Hexxat

Comments

• artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    edited November 2013
    onan said:

She's a star then?

Yes and I m happy Just ad stripes and uncle sam will be happy to
    Post edited by artificial_sunlight on
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    I think he is telling us that she is the owner of a five star hotel in Amn.
  • HelminoHelmino Member Posts: 106
    edited November 2013
    I hope that what @FARDRAGON say is not true...if is true put spoilers alert in topic title pls, i just ruined my hype...
  • @all I think there are enough surprises ahead.....
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Do this without the spaces: [ spoiler ] [ / spoiler ]
  • badbromancebadbromance Member Posts: 238
    I can't wait for tomorrow .... Wait that's not a spoiler
  • magpiemagpie Member Posts: 79
    @Eudaemonium they're trying to silence me! Get the word out! Do not /is dragged into a dark alleyway to be disposed of by Jalily/

But yes, you're thinking somewhat among the same lines as me. As far as I'm concerned we still know almost nothing about who Hexxat actually is, even with the spoiled info. She might not even be the person on the portrait. But we'll see tomorrow!
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    One thing is sure for certain though. The talk about how revealing even the tinyest details about her would be spoil the NPC was simply not true.
  • dementeddemented Member Posts: 388

My theory (and bearing in mind that I have no actual basis for this. I am on a Mac and have no access to any files for BG2 at all, so I am just going off info in the Manuals), is that she will actually have two portraits. One is the one we all know and love, but that one will change after various events unfold either early on or mid-way through her quest-chain (or at the end, if her quest is early). This change will be accompanied by either an increase in stats or the unlocking of some unique abilities/skills.

EDit: Thank you bengoshi and Jalily!

In the manual, her description says that she seems distracted and tentative and almost incapable of the most basic tasks. Anyway, in the wake of the idea that she either has brain damage or is being mind-controlled (I suspect the latter is more likely), I have re-assessed her current portrait. Basically, I think it looks a bit drugged up: she has this vacant awe-filled stare that I wasn't sure who to interpret before. Essentially my theory is that she is being used as a kind of automaton or puppet by a powerful mage to gather special artefacts (or possible *is* some kind of automaton, which is always possible), most likely because she was caught stealing from him/her and they saw the value of using a capable thief for his or her own purposes. Its possible that Hexxat isn't even really her (original) name, but is a pseudonym given to her.

Anyway, my theory is that during her quest you will somehow break whatever enchantment it is that binds her. After which she will gain a boost in stats or awaken some kind of special abilities/skills (which were originally hers but may have been suppressed). Its possible that she isn't even human at all, but that her current appearance is actually part of the aforementioned enchantments.

And for those of good alignment this quest might result in a chance to redeem her. I know there are quite a few people who won't be happy with yet another evil NPC, especially the only pure thief available.

• dementeddemented Member Posts: 388

demented said:

And for those of good alignment this quest might result in a chance to redeem her. I know there are quite a few people who won't be happy with yet another evil NPC, especially the only pure thief available.

*hisssss*

EDIT:

Seriously, now. As of the present 2/6 Evil-aligned NPCs have possible redemption arcs. One turns True Neutral, the other Chaotic Good. That's a third, a third of *all* evil-aligned NPCs. Good gets 8 NPCs be default, which rises to 9 if you get Success!Anomen as opposed to Failure!Anomen. This includes 2 part-Thieves. yes, they are dulled, but both are perfectly serviceable as utility Thieves. I don't see a path to make Keldorn fall to the dark side, or Valygar, or Nalia. Even Failure!Anomen just falls to Chaotic Neutral, rather than say Neutral Evil.

Please, just this one time. Let us have our cake made of orphans and eat it too. Please.
    I never said I wanted her to be good. I usually play evil/neutral parties so she's perfect for my tastes. I'm just saying people will b***h about this (as they do about everything). Having a redemption arc might not be such a bad idea as it will lead to less "Why are all the good NPCs evil" thread.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Yeah, but all the good NPCs are evil so there is some benefit to having to rep-manage and (if RPing properly) getting vastly reduced quest rewards and XP. It's a balance thing.
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    decado said:

I want the option to corrupt those of good alignment. Just one or two of them - it doesn't need to be everyone...

I find it brilliant that you also have a Tarquin avatar. He's perfect :)

Well there's always Anomen, but you can't really "corrupt" him, more like turn him into a moody emo if he fails his test.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    Since we have @Jalily 's blessing to talk about the information contained in the BG2EE manuals,
    I'd just like to say how happy I was to discover that Hexxat is indeed evil. Although, I am intrigued by how she's described as unreliable and distracted. I hope she's not an incompetent twit.

Also, it's funny how far we took her racial possibilities. (I really wanted her to be Shadar-kai!) Ah well, at least we provided good entertainment for the devs and beta testers!

I'm finished speculating and am just looking forward to playing BG2EE, old and new content alike.
  • ManchildKartManchildKart Member Posts: 208
    Very clever, writers, very clever indeed!
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    edited November 2013
    Oohhhh I can't wait!

Any word on that concept art?
  • onanonan Member Posts: 223
    Drugar said:

He'd be a domineering, oppressive ass, ready with harsh punishments to all who cross the law and extorting the weaker members of society.

Yes but how is that different from how he starts with?

• CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Anomen might actually be a good bit more fun if he let go of his righteousness and self-deception and went Lawful Evil.

If he actually said "I don't care what you think, interfere with my goal and I'll kill you" (and was willing to do it) instead of his normal passive-agressive whining he might well get more done. Other characters might even think of him as something other than either a stick-in-the-mud or a douche.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    or even better... three Anomen choices
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    I'm not going to defend Anomen because I do enough of that :) But I will say I much more like the "fallen" version you guys describe instead of the somewhat crazy version that is implemented.