Skip to content

[Mod] BG:EE Kitpack V1.62 3/1/13

1234568»

Comments

• XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    Thank you so much @mlnevese . I figured that's what it was, but wasn't sure and was actually hoping that I wouldn't have to wait for a weidu update. We can set everything manually though through NI or some other such thing that can edit 2da files though, right?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Xavioria Yes. Also modders can just resort to manually providing edited 2das while weidu is being updated or launching a small search and replace batch file. Notice that if starting colors are not set it will default to all green for instance.
    @mlnevese oh wonderful, well that shouldn't be too difficult, just a bit time consuming. I figure that since so far the only real issues are coming from a portrait pack and from the few kit mods that exist at the moment. I'm a little concerned that weidu's update priority probably isn't very high on the list. I could be completely incorrect, but I'm just a little worried that I wouldn't be able to use the kit I created. I know how to edit the 2da files, but I'm not sure of the full list and where to put the string references for the Kit information
  • StoneSwordsStoneSwords Member Posts: 180
    Well, that's good that there's somewhat of a workaround for the issue, but what about those of us that really have no idea what you two were just talking about? I'm pretty dumb when it comes to anything outside of installing mods with weidu lol
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited November 2013
    @StoneSwords In this case just wait while the modders adapt their mods :) Putting it in simple terms the game now offers flexibility on classes that the modding community has been dreaming of for years. You can change the race/class restrictions simply editing a line in a file, for instance. It will take some time but I expect some nice things to come from the modding community soon :)
    @mlnevese is right, and I already looked into that when I saw which files were externalized. I was playing a halfling bard just because I felt like it, and it was awesome!

Right now the changes are a bit annoying, but once everything levels out, it will definitely be for the better in the long run.
  • StoneSwordsStoneSwords Member Posts: 180
    Ok sounds good. I'm still waiting on BG1NPC Project anyway, so I can wait!
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    Ah, I just wish @Requiem would come back. Apparently, he hasn't visited the site since July...it's too bad, since I really enjoyed this kitpack, and if no one fixes it, it's pretty much forever broken.

Such are the slings and arrows of life...
    @Luigirules well that's not necessarily true. If weidu updates again and that fixes the issue you could just replace the weidu in the mod with the new version... although I'm not completely certain that'll help since there's new lines of code that have to be put in.....
  • syssys Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2013
    Post edited by sys on
  • jean30jean30 Member Posts: 20
    edited November 2013
    Hello is there a way to create an evil archer?
    I mean, could please someone implement that kit ( if it is an easy task) ?
  • neoespritneoesprit Member Posts: 196
    I'm not even sure Requiem's still around those forums. I worked with him when he started the mods as tester and gave him some ideas to work with for creating kits, but he hasn't been around since july I think. This kit pack was good and I hope someone will be able to pick it up. I'll do it myself but I totally lack the time and knowledge to do that =(

And since there has been some change on how the game handle new kits, that seems a lot of work =/
  • syssys Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2013
    I put in some line with weidu's patch, so mod is working with some restrictions(it's game engine problem should be fixed in upcoming patches).
    sorry for doing this without author's permission..
    It's work mostly but some trait may not work(ex:stat penalty), And installed kits should less than 3(excepts update default kit, NPC) otherwise you'll see overflow messages when run the game. And install kit and npc change at once, otherwise you'll get a error message. I hope it help.
    Post edited by sys on
  • rainlitrainlit Member Posts: 12
    Thank you for this, I attempted to use an older edition of the mod to no avail after the recent update. It works perfectly, thanks again. :)
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    Is this project dead now, or will it be made compatible again someday in a distant future..?
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    No idea. Looks like it's already been 8 months since @Requiem‌ was last active on these forums. Chances are he simply grew tired of the game (or waiting for it to be patched).

Maybe @Mordeus‌ knows something about his whereabouts?
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    The problem is @Mordeus too has been gone for quite some time now. Hope they're fine
  • comebackhomecomebackhome Member Posts: 254
    Love these kits. Any updates?
  • BladesBlades Member Posts: 167
    Will this mod ever be adaptable for BG2EE and IWDEE?
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Given that the author hasn't been seen since July 2013, I won't hold my breath for it. At least it's save to say an adaption won't happen any time soon.
  • BladesBlades Member Posts: 167
    That's a real shame. I loved these kits.

"Please help Kitpack Modder, you're our only hope..."
  • KorvasKorvas Member Posts: 4
    I don't know what's going on, but I can't download anything on these forums, at all, and both spellhold studios and gibberlings3 appear to be down, as no matter how hard I try I can't connect to either of these sites. I'd like to add this mod to BG:EE but I have to download it first
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Feral_SnowbornFeral_Snowborn Member Posts: 15
    edited April 2016
    Holy shit, this seems to work now.

Gj @sys

BG2 notsomuch, the kit seems to work but the class name and description is all wigidywhack- maybe because Pai'na conflicts with the install?
    Post edited by Feral_Snowborn on
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,852
    edited July 2017
    It really would be great to know if this mod is working OK nowadays.

It is a mod that is selectable using the Big World Set-Up. If it isn't working it shouldn't be in there IMO.

I have a problem with my Watcher of Helm, but don't know whethe this mod is responsible.

When creating a character he starts with just shield of faith as an innate spell. No true sight or seeking sword! :( However I could add those spells in EE Keeper so no real problem.

It looks as if those spells have been deleted by either this or another mod and shield of faith was added. :(
    Wrong kit assigned to Watcher of Helm?
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,852
    Perhaps they feel that for the added content, it is worth having the problems. The problems that I have had with it ARE surmountable, and of course nobody is forced to install it.

Threads like this one do at least inform potential installers of the problems.