Skip to content

The Roleplaying Challenge (Tomb of Horrors)

LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
edited September 2012 in Role Playing
Let's see how good an RP'er you really are! Anyone interested in going through the Pen and Paper version of Tomb of Horrors? To tie this into Baldur's Gate, you get to play any of the BG or BG2 NPCs as your character. You get Maximum Hit Points for your Level (between 8 and 12). There can only be one "version" of each NPC. i.e. No 3 Imoens or Korgans). Then see how long you last in the Tomb of Horrors, which I will run on this board. Interested? Reply here or send me a message.
Post edited by Tanthalas on
IchigoRXCMoomintrollAwong124Amardarialreedmilfampablo200783BrudeshipwrecklolienPermidion_Stark

Comments

• DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    I would love to, but I have a habit of losing intrest after three posts...

I'll give it some thought. Playing as Yeslick or Edwin would be hilarious.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Lol, I'd love to do this. Tomb of horrors is supposed to be an absolutely insane adventure - I doubt we'd be able to actually complete it :p
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    "Tomb of Horrors" got the name among the people I've played with as "Partykiller". There are *so* many ways to die with no save. Just "BOOM, you fail. Next?"
    dieterderblaualcamus
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    Ooooh, can't wait. i've heard horrible things about this, mainly from here.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2010/11/10/

anyone who survives gets to do the tomb of jet skis and H.J.'s. :))
    LadyRhian
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    I will play only if I get to be Minsc :)
    hmmm, i have to figure out who i'm going to be before all the good ones are taken, i don't want to be stuck as boo.
    jan jansen is reserved :p
    Bjjorick said:

hmmm, i have to figure out who i'm going to be before all the good ones are taken, i don't want to be stuck as boo.

But Bjjorick, then I can carry you in my pocket!
    Delvarian said:

Bjjorick said:

But Bjjorick, then I can carry you in my pocket!
    And the rest of us can poke you all the time.

Or send you to...scout down that stone demon's mouth.
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    I am very tempted to give it a go.

My choice of character, Tiax of course. Tiax shall lead, all shall follow.
    I can't wait for when TIAX shrinks his underwear. ;)
    nooooo i don't want to be boooooooo, but then......@Delvarian would have to do whatever i say.....

nah.....
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    I'm in. Can I be Alora?
    @permidion_stark it hasn't been claimed yet so go for it.
    Sure! I will give anyone who wants to play a clue. This module features both tons of fights, and tons of traps.
    Okay, since we have about six people (if @IchigoRXC wants to play), here's the opening for you to ponder...

Somewhere under a lost and lonely hill of grim and foreboding aspect lies a labyrinthine crypt. It's filled with terrible traps and not a few strange and ferocious monsters to slay the unwary. It is filled with treasures both precious and magical, but in addition to the aforementioned guardians, it is said to be a demi-lich who still wards his final haunt. (Be warned that tales have it that this being possesses powers beyond that of a regular lich and is nearly undefeatable!) Accounts relate that it is quite unlikely that seekers will ever find the chamber wherein the Demi-lich Acerak lingers, for the passages and rooms of the tomb are fraught with terrible traps, poison gasses and magical protections. Furthermore, the Demi-lich has so well-hidden his lair, that even those who avoid those pitfalls are not likely to locate their true goal. So only the large and well-prepared parties of the strongest and bravest should even consider the attempt, and if they do locate the tomb, they should be prepared to fail...
    The mark of shame is a powerful curse used only for the most powerful of foes...
    hmmm okay, i'll either be aerie or sarevok, any opinions?
    well sarevok might be a teensy bit out of the level range
    Isn't this great? All of us, doing nice things, being happy! It's great!
    Pah, "brave". Tiax fears no demi lich. However I do implore my companions should head in first while Tiax watches from afar.

OOC: What shall we do for stats, skills, levels, equipment etc.
    edited August 2012
    Bjjorick said:

hmmm okay, i'll either be aerie or sarevok, any opinions?

That's a tough call. I mean they are so similar.

Sorry, fell out of character there. What I meant to say is: Aerie because she is so lovely and Sarevok is mean! Mean! Mean! And it is no wonder people don't like him.

I'm checking for traps.

Did we start yet?

Doesn't matter. I'm still checking for traps.
    Stats are based on the BG Characters you are playing. I will roll for their level.
    Minsc: "Don't fear the dark and evil crypt of horrors Boo."

Follows behind Alora.

"let me know what traps you find, so I might smite them."
    Fark it, I'm in. This sounds too hilarious with you people.

I hope you common simians will appreciate the presence of a mighty Conjurer in your midst (and if you don't, a quick fireball might change your minds...yes, this will work well.)
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Can I still join? I want to be Kivan.
    Hmmm, I'll have to borrow some of of uncle Alky's undead repellant salve. And musn't forget catnip. Demi-liches are suckers for catnip.
    So, we have Tiax, Jan, Alora, Minsc... and possibly Aerie or Sarevok.

Tiax is an 8th level cleric, 11th level Thief. His stats are S 9, Dex16, Con16, Int10, Wis 13, Cha9 70 hp.

Jan is a 10/10 Illusionist/Thief. His stats are S8, Dex 17, Con15, Int 16 Wis 14, Cha 10 hp 70

Alora is a 14th Level Thief (single classes can go up to level 14 for this module) S8, Dex19, Con 12, Int 14, Wis7, Cha 10 hp 62

Minsc is a Ranger of Level 13 S18/93, Dex15, Con 15, Int8, Wis 6, Cha9 hp111
    @Permidion_Stark
    Thanks for changing your avatar, you weren't channeling enough happy-happy-happy already.
    < /Sarcasm>

:-p

Errr, you monkey.
    Permidion_Stark