Skip to content

Your favorite quote (Spoilers)

Comments

• BaldursCatBaldursCat Member Posts: 432
    Charname, in response to Nalia's Auntie: "I'm just going to stand here in stunned silence for a while" just the right level of snark for my NG bard without upsetting Keldorn (though I find it odd he gets the same reaction from her Aunt when he's of a similar social standing).

& this between Jaheira & Khalid:

"Please! Jaheira! You needn't be so so... uh."
    "Insufferable?"
    "Yes, that's definitely it!"
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Your not figments are you? I'm not wasting anymore time talking to figments!
    -Dradeel, on the werewolf island
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    "Squeaky wheel gets the kick!" Minsc and then followed by "Murder Death Kill" Lilaror
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    You must gather your party before venturing forth.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    "There once was a warrior true,
    with the sense knocked out of him, too,
    but in a hamster he found,
    some wisdom profound,
    and now where goes he goes his Boo!"
  • NaveenNaveen Member Posts: 81
    edited December 2013
    "Hahahahha, smart guy dies, and Tiax goes on to rule!"

"Why have you come? Is it to steal my riches or perhaps you seek to righteously punish me for my affront to your morality. It matters little, for you will do neither. Before I dispose you in some horribly gruesome manner perhaps I should introduce myself. I am known as Davaeorn, I would ask you for your names, but I care little to become acquainted with the dead." Davaeorn

"You’ll go far, you know. Farther, maybe, than cousin Bifflechips… allthough he was flung by a catapult, so I suppose it doesn’t really count." Jan Jansen

Pleasure slave: "Be thee not of impure heart or thou will surely destroy thyself. Kalah is the One Ruler, the One True Being."

Charname: "I've come to see the circus, not some half-dressed tart spouting dire warnings!"

• GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    Charname: "Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself CLEAR?!"
  • TsyrithTsyrith Member Posts: 180
    "He is ċ̽ȏl̄̑̆̾̿̅͊d ͯ̀̍̿̒͒t̀͑̌h̐ͭ͆́r̒̈́̀ͪ͑̓ͯö̂͋͌̀ūgͫ͗ͬ͊̽̄hͦ̎̊̊͗͌ ͥ̓̐ͥ̈́̋͢a̸ͦ̆̈́̑͆lͪ̈l̓ͮ̇͆ͤ̇̈̀ ̎̓͛͊͑ͤͥťͪͬ̓̚h͆e͋ͥ̽͑ͭ̒ͬ ̦̥̰͖ͪͯp̥̰̖͇͈̣̜͐ͬ͛̊ͮ̎ĺ̴̬̻̠͔̩̭̏̍ͦ͂ͅa͓̪̯͉̻̽ͧͧ͒ͅn̶̮̩̰̹̗̩̄e̠̼̞͇̲͉̖ͮ̋͂͠s̠̤͈̊ͮͧ.̼̭̿ͩ̆.̵̏̏ͨ̇ͧͤ̎ͅ.̥̬̰̪̼̑͑̊̈ͫ̀̈́ͅ ̡̫̄̚ǹ̃ͬͮ̑͌͢͢҉̫̼̤̭͙̤̭ǒ̺̬̳̉̀͢ņ̼͙̜̙̤̩̠͖͛̔͟e͌ͥͦͯ̏ͫ͊ͭͭ҉͖̹͕̣̜̗ ̢̗̮̝̺̘͓̤͔͔̒͆̑ͬ̒̒̍w̸̧̘ͧ͒̂̒͌̉ͅǎ̸̡̭̦͔̘͍͙̂͛͢l̸̫̭͛ͥ͌ͪͤ̅k̜͔͍̟̠͇̍ͨ̽͗̃̽̋̂̄͞ ̙̭̟̳͔͈̗͗͝w͈̖̘͙̻̱ͤ̓ͧ̈͒͗͗́h̡̜̺̬̝̰̤̿̃̕é͚̤̜̻̖͎̅̐͐r͇̮͎͙̝̙ͥ̂͆̇͡e͔̻̟̼̠͒̾͜͝ ͚͖̭̬͛͞ḧ͓͎̫̥̯̫̯ͪ̀͞ͅe͙̮̠̯̪̯̓̍ͤͧ͌̍͐́͞ ̪̥̘̙̪̲̹͓̮̊̽̅̂̃ͤ̚͢d̯̰͎̺̺̣̟ͤ̃ͪ̕͢͡oͮ͊̉̎͆ͨ̚҉̛̪̯̤e̷̷͉͙̗͙̝̘͂͂̏ͯ͌̃͌͜ș̸̗̞̲̖̱̫̽̆̀̇̏͋̿̆͂͜͞,̛̛̄ͪ͒̊҉̭̺ ̤̐̅̇ͫ͛ͮ͊́̕t̛͍̮̮̲͔͉͔̖̲͇̟ͯ͑͒ͧ̊͋͂ͯͮ̓̌͐͠ḩ̌̔ͦ̔̌͗͏͙͍̩o̊ͨ̐̊͋̌ͭ̄̕҉͍͇̯̫̭̜̻̦͕̭̬ų̷̳̰͉̺̥͙̜͍̭̲̏̆͂̑̈͑͂̍͝g̶̶̻̼̩̣͇̠̟̗ͥ̍̋̓̆̈̀͞h̢̡̧̥͈̪̣̺̥͔͍̳̪͔̳͉̘̠̪̊̋̓̽́ͥ̍ͤͣ̊̇̆̓̀̓ͅ ̸̡̨̖̲͎͙͉͓̰̞̭̲̭̗ͩ̅͊̋ͧ̄͊̋̔ͭ̀͢ţ̢̛̛̭̗̱̘̪̭̤̱̮̭̙̬̓͋̆ͣͬͭ̌̋ͦ͟h̸̵̡̩̞̯̻̥̯̩̯̱͈͇̃̏͆̈́ͣ̋͒͑ͪ̒̒ͯ̌̄̀̋̐́͝ͅȩ̵̨͖̦͇̠̼̩͇̪͈̝̝̯̺̖̙̰͆̐̃̾̎̐͒ͣ͊̉ͩ͞y̴̧̙͚͉̼̜̙̞͓̹͑͗ͩͨ̉̾̂͑̎̃̔͂̆̓ͧ͡ ̢̭͙̪̯̂̋̆͌͂̎̽̾ͧ͗͐̓̉̍̀́s̅̅͋͊̓̉͒̀͏̖͓͚̮̲̠ę̥̞̺̙̳̞̗̅̄̎̓͋̿ͭ̄̋͗̌̍ͭ͒̽̀ͥ̊̇̕͟è̸ͫ̓͛͆̔ͤ̇͑̇̓̃͒͑̚҉̘̭̞͇̲̠͍̪̯͎̜̘̱̯̩ͅͅͅ ́ͭͣͮ̇ͦ̆̈́́͝҉̸̞͖̣̩̺͎̻̠͓͎̖h̴̤̠͖̰͍͉̣̱͎̣̯̭͇ͮ̋̑ͭ̄ͨͦ́̚͘͡ͅȉ̸̧͇͎̜̖̥̪͚̱̞͓͖̏̿̇ͩ̉ͪ̽͌̎̿͛̀̀̚͡ͅm͐̒ͦͨ͒̓ͬ͐͏̛͏̵͍̯̼̻̲̜̗̪̺̲͖̝͖̮ ̸̨̧̛̛̜̳̱̪̲̺̦͍͎͚̠̗͖̙̗̖̰̔̑̈́́̉ͪͮͪ͐̚n̷̪̬̳̙̮̺̤͚ͯ̉ͤͮ̓͛̒̒́ͥ̊͌̂̈́͑̾ͦ̋̕͜ơ̫̘̩͓͉̞͖͇͙̥͍͍̝̤͇̂͋̂͆̀̋̓̅̈́̌͗͌͋͛́̾̆ͤͅţͣ͐̆͒̈́ͬ͐̌ͣ̔҉͏̸̞̺̟̜̗͇̰̣̖̳͘ͅ!̶̧̜̻̬͕͓͉̬̫͔͓̣ͭͣ͗ͯ "

-Aphril, Spellhold Inmate
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Is that, intentional?
    I think something broked.
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    It looks like he's in the Matrix.
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    "No! We won't let you get away with this!"- Neera after a party member has died.
  • Mrpenfold666Mrpenfold666 Member Posts: 428
    my new favorite which i am totally stealing for my dragon warriors campaign i'm joining (:D!) is neeras battle cry: "Victory? Unclear! Destruction? Certain!"
  • selkyraselkyra Member Posts: 54
    As years go by and that second playthrough changes to tenth playthrough, players of BG tend to learn some bits of dialogue and banter by heart. As these games are heavy with text, and it takes long time for one person to hear them all, I'd like to hear some of this community's favourite Baldur's Gate quotes! Remember to tag spoilers if needed.

Anyway, here are some of my favourites:

Irenicus (hell, pretty much anything said my this guy): "I cannot be caged. I cannot be controlled. Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools!"

Oogie: "Recent evidence suggests that a barrel full of monkeys is not half as much fun as previously claimed, and is, in fact, rather horrifying!"

And this one especially:

Sarevok: "I orchestrated a war to slaughter thousands. I have felt the cold embrace of death. I have witnessed the horrors of the abyss. But you, Viconia... you scare me."
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    The multiple ways to insult a guard.

Up yours you uppity bald virgin!

and

DIE POND SCUM!

For example.
  • selkyraselkyra Member Posts: 54
    Now I feel stupid. Found two discussions dedicated for the same topic:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/795/your-favorite-quote/
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/544/more-intruders-have-entered-the-complex-master/

Funny how you find these AFTER you post new topic... Oh, well. I'll go back into the shadows...
  • BaxyrattyBaxyratty Member Posts: 190
    Bodhi if you show up to her meeting as a thief: I was worried i would have to discipline Valen for failing to deliver my message. Perhaps i will anyway. It shows that I care.
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    @Lungrnn
    Actually that would be this one:
    "This is very unnerving, I know, but you must trust me. It is very important that you pack your possessions so that we may leave Candlekeep immediately. Hurry, for there is no time to tarry! The keep is well protected, but not invulnerable."