EE Keeper, Updated to v1.0.4

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @sirwh, can you upload the save game?
  • sirwhsirwh Member Posts: 20
    Here it is. @Troodon80
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    Fafnir said:

Or you can unzip this into the override, enabling all possible class/race combinations.

(Except Dwarven Paladins, those will crash the game on ability generation. Blackguards are fine though.)

Thank you very much for this!
    Kaigen said:

That'll work too, although in some cases you'll still need EEKeeper to change your appearance, as the game defaults to the human male fighter avatar for any combination that doesn't have an existing avatar (e.g. Halfling Mages, non-Human Monks, etc.).

Ok, I will remember that.
    @sirwh, okay, everything is showing up fine for me. Can you let me know what the installation directory settings are for Keeper?
    @Troodon80 Here is the installation directory settings. Actually when I load my saves, there will be two messages pump out, one for unknown items and the other for unknown spells. I attached them all. Do I miss some necessary files?
    @sirwh, I was thinking there was something wrong; I tried almost exactly what you have there and that's why I asked.

For the BG:EE directory, you appear to be using the standard BG:EE game, but for the BG2:EE directory you appear to be using the BG:EE open beta.

BG2:EE is \00783\ not \00764\.

Hope that helps. :)
    @Troodon80 Thank you very much. I changed the directory settings and everything is fine now.
    @sirwh, happy to help.
  • oskargargasoskargargas Member Posts: 14
    I'm posting my question again as there was no answer.

Hey, Where can I find latest source code? Repo at Sourceforge has been last updated in April. Has the project been closed sourced? Or maybe I'm missing something there as I'm used to Github and Bitbucket interface...

I'm asking because in the past I've been using custom compiled version on my Mac (working native, without Wineskin or so) and wanted to get updates.

@oskargargas, it is open source. However, due to not having the time to actually update the source code online I suppose you could consider it closed source. There are a number of things I want to do before updating the soruce, though. It is currently quite messy with compiler flags, etc., and I want to trim it down and clean it up before releasing it.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    This EEKeeper thing is really cool, thanks alot @Troodon80

I was wondering though, I wanted to change Mazzy into a Paladin, yet when I do so her personal items (the bow and the sword) become unequipable for her. Is there any way around this?
    @booinyoureyes,

Unequipable? Huh. Do you have a save game?
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited December 2013
    @booinyoureyes - Mazzy's items, the Sword & Bow of Avoreen, are unusable by Paladins. You'd have to edit the item files, which EE Keeper can't do. You'll need to use Near Infinity or DLTCEP.
    yeah. it shows up red. when i want to level her up it says "you have unusable items equipped, should we drop them?" or something like that

Can I attach the save here? It says the uploaded file type is not allowed (it is a .sav file for what its worth... sorry i'm pretty illiterate when comes to computers)
    oh okay, thanks @AstroBryGuy
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited December 2013
    @booinyoureyes - Unzip this and put the files in your override directory. I took off the unusable flags for paladins (left it on for non-halflings, so don't change her race too).
    aww man thanks so much! you rock!
  • oskargargasoskargargas Member Posts: 14
    @Troodon80 Thanks for info. I hope you'll find some time to do git push soon. I bet it's nowhere near messiness of compile scripts which I use on daily basis. ;)
    @booinyoureyes, no idea why, but I read "unequipable" as "couldn't drop." Yeah, you will need to use the edited files (at least until such time that I implement some item editing functionality).

@oskargargas, or the compiler flags I use on a daily basis as part of my work. EE Keeper is only a small program, but I would still like to clean some of it up. There's some redundant functions there that I rewrote and didn't get rid of at the time (compiler flags to disable). I have no idea when I'll get a chance to do update the source, but it probably won't be before the new year.
  • SeldarSeldar Member Posts: 438
    Hi

I have installed EE keeper but when I chose the BG2EE directory (.../00783) it says he can't find the path to the game and so I can't read saves...
    edited December 2013
    @Seldar, it might be a silly question, but you did use the full path and not '.../00783', right? Can you let me know what the full path is that you have used?

Can you upload a screenshot of the installation settings? Also, what version of Keeper are you using?
    Post edited by Troodon80 on
    Here is the screenshot :

http://hpics.li/8e4cf0e

The directory sounds good, I launch the game from the same file

and as you can see it's the 1.0.2.2 version
    @Seldar, okay, I see the problem. Set the language to lang\en_US\.
    ohoh yes it works thanks a lot

and thanks again for that EE Keeper, it's a great tool
  • MatSutaMatSuta Member Posts: 14
    I am having a similar problem to Seldar, except I have set my language. No matter where I set the directory, EEKeeper cannot find anything. I have tried "C:\Users\Mat\Documents\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition\"

as well as, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\"

Nothing works. Any suggestions?
    @MatSuta, assuming you are using the standalone installer, it should be:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\Data\00783\
  • MatSutaMatSuta Member Posts: 14
    Thank you Troodon. I can finally change Anomen's weapon proficiencies!
  • DelDel Member Posts: 44
    edited December 2013
    How do I specify the installation directory on a Mac? Thanks.
    @Del, I shall refer you to @AstroBryGuy.
  • DelDel Member Posts: 44
    Thanks.