Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

The Roleplaying Challenge (Tomb of Horrors)

1457910150

Comments

  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    "Oh, by all means, press it," Edwin says. "(Maybe it will help me to get rid of you.)"

  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    A nap?!?! Tiax is the one who decides when we sleep... now is a good time to sleep...

    OOC: It is also nearly two here.

  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    edited August 2012
    Perhaps you should poke it with a long stick or something. Or if you do press it, wait until I go over there...
    *points in opposite direction*

  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    "Do not fear Evil will feel the taste of my blade this day, and like Boo with mush rumps it shall be a taste it can't stomach!"

  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Okay, everyone. Decide what you want to do in the (Morning), and message me. :) I'll pick this up again tomorrow.

  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,373
    Alora does have to take a nap now. But she is going to tell everyone where the trap is and then go and approach the doors, still checking for traps, to see if the trap is connected to the doors in some way.

    But right now she is heading for the Land of Nod.

  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    Tiax has decided, Boo shall lead this party in his absence.

    OOC: Goodnight.

  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 9,583
    Keldorn will pray that the halfling actually knows how to disable the trap and be ready to rescue/heal her if needed.

  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    *yawns and wakes up, and looks at all the carnage around, and everyone asleep. Wonders what happened, then notices the two injuries, and casts magic to cure then, being as quiet as possible to not wake anyone up, then goes back and lays down, and sleeps again*

    OOC wow, will win MVP for sure so long as i sleep through the whole thing. :P

  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Posts: 201
    Ajantis will try to support Alora while disarming the traps. But for now he will go as the group demands.

  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    This is a fun thread to follow even if I'm too late to play. If there were suddenly, ah, vacancies in the party and you needed additional fodder, er, players, I'd be interested. Maybe Imoen in her BG1 thief guise?

  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 9,583
    edited August 2012
    Ajantis I'll take first watch go and sleep now. You take second. Our big friend over there may take last watch.

    If nothing happens during his watch Keldorn will wake Ajantis and say what follows.

    Ooc this should take place before Aerie heals us... I was away when this happened :)


    Beware of the wizard young knight. The red wizards never work for the good of others and he may have come to ally himself with the evil that roams inside not to destroy it. Remember the tenants of the faith and Be vigillant.
    And the small Tiax has clearly been touched by madness. Had we the luxury of time I'd capture him and send him to Spellhold where they may better care for the magically insane as I believe to be his case but the evil inside this accursed place is greater than any now in our company.

    With these words he starts to prepare to sleep, removing his armor and positioning his weapons so that they are within reach.

  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @Jhart1018 Certainly. I forsee *many* deaths. This module is the partyslayer, after all.

    So, this is how I'll work it. I'll keep a list of other people who want to play. When we get casualties, you can step in. If, after being killed, you want to come back and play more, I add you to the bottom of the list. In that way, everyone who wants to gets to play, but you may have to wait until another vacancy comes around. Does that sound okay to everyone?

    Permidion_Starkmlnevese
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    edited August 2012
    DM Comment: Everyone sleeps in the corridor as it continues to rain. Good characters have nightmares of unending blood, death and undeath, seeing your companions die and walk as undead creatures. Minsc's dreams also involve Dynaheir, and her blaming him for her death. Aerie dreams of her wings not being amputated until her entire body is a festering mass of infection, pain and pus. Keldorn and Ajantis see themselves falling from Paladinhood, and into increasingly worse and worse behavior, and enjoying themselves killing, maiming and even worse, like sexual misdeeds. Alora finds herself ignored for her short stature, and killed, only to rise as a horrid, undead... thing. Kivan finds himself amidst a forest fire he cannot prevent despite his best efforts, and waking, burned and hideous, to find himself in the middle of ashes and the remains of the forest. His superiors blame him for his failure.

    Jan sees all his work come to naught, and create a worldwide blight of turnips. He takes his own life, only to find his mind imprisoned in an undead body that will not follow his urges or wishes.

    Meanwhile, Edwin and TIAX dream only happy dreams, filled with rainbows, unicorns and sunshine. This disturbs them greatly. Edwin dreams of falling in love with a resurrected Dynaheir, changing alignment for her, and frolicking happily through a field of flowers, writing sonnets of love to her and looking lovingly into her eyes. TIAX imagines living happily by himself in a forgotten backwater, living happily on his own, farming vegetables and fishing by the banks of a river. He is known by no one, and is content.

    Winthal
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    Yes, please. I like that idea very much. :) Not that I want any of the current players to die, of course. I'm perfectly happy to sit and watch it all unfold while laughing maniacally.

  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @Jhart1018 Laughing like a loon. Check! Writing the worst nightmares these characters can have. Check! Waiting to see their reactions when they wake up... Priceless. The best things in life are free. For everything else, there's Dungeonmastering.

    jhart1018Permidion_Starkimmagikman
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,373
    Wake up everybody! Wake up! I had a horrid dream. Edwin wake up! You are talking about Dyanheir in your sleep and Minsc looks like Captain Grumpypants.

    I forgot to tell everyone that before I fell asleep I checked the doors and found they are false. If we try to open them they will just fall on us squashing us flat.

    We could pull them over with a rope to see if anything is behind them? Or shall we try another entrance?

    I could try to disable the trap if you want me to? But you don't want me to do you?

  • AmardarialAmardarial Member Posts: 270
    OOC: Not to sound mean, but could someone die soon please? Preferably leaving at least one Paladin for entertainment value. Xzar wants his time in the spot light or in the case a chance at a horrific death, either his or someone elses.

  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Ack, the devil witch haunts me even in my dreams! Perhaps she is channeled by some other creature (the large gorilla comes to mind, yes). I shall keep my eyes open!

    Girl, you suggest the doors are a fake and a trap? If this is true, I am surprised by the display of competence, I had expected less. Your idea with the rope is sound, go make it happen. (while I stand back here, of course)

  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,373
    Okay Edwin. Hop skip to it!

    I've checked the trap and I don't think it's connected to the door so I will tie a rope to the handle. But I'm only little and I'm not very strong so I don't think I can pull the rope all by myself. I wish Minsc would wake up. I bet he could pull the doors over.

  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    Ahhh, Tiax's head is not the playground for such... such thoughts. Who was it, who played a joke on Tiax, own up now and he shall only slay you a little for your indiscretions. The mighty Tiax commands you come forward!

  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Posts: 201
    After such a dreadful dream, Ajantis wakes up to seek Keldorn´s council. However, realizing he is still asleep and that he took the first watch, the young knight abandons that idea. Ajantis, then, decides that the best way to leave those horrible images behind is trying to prove himself worthy. Luckily, the chance he´s been waiting shows up, Alora needs helps with the traps and the mighty Ranger Minsc is not available for the moment.


    " Dont worry Alora, I can probably help you with the door. Or at least, I can try. Just tell when to pull the rope."

  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,373
    I'm so happy you're awake Ajantis. Don't tell them but I find Edwin and Tiax a little bit scary.

    Let's go and pull the rope now. We don't need to wait for the others to wake up. It will be a nice surprise for them. And everyone will be really happy if we have found the way in.

  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    Tiax allows you to do all the work, for he has much bigger fish to fry.
    *Tiax loads his pipe with a strange purple herb and begins puffing away*

  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 9,583
    edited August 2012
    OOC If the death rate of this adventure is as high as I've always heard, we'll run out of BG NPCs before we run out of players interested to join ;)

    Keldorn struggles in his sleep his worst nightmares coming true.

  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Minsc awakes with a start.

    "Boo! What wizardry is this?!"

  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    *cries out in her sleep* No! NOOOOOO! Uncle Quayle, help me!!! IT HURTS SOOOOO MUCH!!!! PLEASE, MAKE IT END, MAKE IT STOP, JUST KILL ME BUT NO MORE.......*She awakens, cold and drenched with sweat at the dream. She feels the pain linger, but then it slides off slowly as she comes to understand she was asleep. Out of instinct, she stretchs out her wings.....only to realize that they are still gone. The dream was but a memory. Her heart falls heavily, and she remembers one more everything.....everything. She looks around at all the others, as everything comes back to her, and remembers that she must not let anyone here suffer as she has suffered, and that she must do everything she can to keep them safe. She steels herself silently, and gathers her gear, watching the others as a .....hawk watches it's prey......*

  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    @IchigoRXC - Actually, Garrick was back in town. The party told him something along the lines of "Err... Right. Joining us. That sounds... great. Meet us, err... Tavern. Tomorrow. Noon. Right." Unbeknownst to our noble HERO Garrick, the party departed at sunrise.

    He's been waiting in front of that tavern for about nine hours now. He's convinced that 'tomorrow' meant the day after tomorrow and if he just waits long enough...

    Permidion_Stark
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    OOC, hmmm, anyone seen the DM lately?

Sign In or Register to comment.