Skip to content

When will we see new Patch for Ipad?

1234568»

Comments

• davemodavemo Member Posts: 147
    greenfish said:

Illustair said:

"Yer a queer fellow." -Imoen

apologist əˈpɒlədʒɪst/ a person who offers an argument in defence of something controversial.
    "an enthusiastic apologist for fascism in the 1920s"

Anyone have a definiton for 'troll'?

Now that the bugs were fixed, are are going to latch onto the language complaints in order to maintain your bile? The content of most of your earlier critiques of the delays were valid, despite being overstated. Now that the patch is out, it might be time to decide whether to move on elsewhere to the next target of your rage, or just enjoy the update.
  • greenfishgreenfish Member Posts: 84
    davemo said:

greenfish said:

Illustair said:

"Yer a queer fellow." -Imoen

apologist əˈpɒlədʒɪst/ a person who offers an argument in defence of something controversial.
    "an enthusiastic apologist for fascism in the 1920s"

Anyone have a definiton for 'troll'?

Now that the bugs were fixed, are are going to latch onto the language complaints in order to maintain your bile? The content of most of your earlier critiques of the delays were valid, despite being overstated. Now that the patch is out, it might be time to decide whether to move on elsewhere to the next target of your rage, or just enjoy the update.
    "Melkor created Trolls before the First Age. Trolls were very strong, but they turned to stone in sunlight. Many Trolls died in the War of Wrath, but some survived and joined the forces of Sauron, the greatest surviving servant of Morgoth. In the Second Age and Third Age, Trolls were among Sauron's most dangerous warriors. He created the Olog-hai, which were more powerful than earlier breeds of Trolls. While most Trolls cannot bear exposure to sunlight without turning to stone, the Olog-hai apparently could; this attribute was mentioned in The Return of the King as making them particularly dangerous."
    UberpeshmeaglothDelvarianjackjack
  • ChrisNHChrisNH Member Posts: 22
    ChrisNH said:

I do seem to have encountered a problem where my quick save didn't take. I would recommend checking your saves periodically. I will keep an eye on this and report it if it continues to be an issue.

I think what happened if you are still in an encounter.. even if its the npc walking away.. it gives a message and doesn't save. Knowing to watch for this now I have had no problem.

Truly the only gripes I have had are minor things. Everything seems to work ok.

Is the scale UI not part of the iPad release? I can't find a way to do it. Mostly I just want bigger text in the text box. Old dude eyes.

• PoeserPubePoeserPube Member Posts: 20
    edited December 2013
    Bytebrain said:

I'm very happy with this patch!
    It seems to me that there's a lot of very rude or very young/immature Germans on this board...
    There's no need to piss all over these boards with that kind of language and attitude.

I'm Danish, there's no plans for a Danish version of BG:EE, and I don't really care.

Most Europeans understand English pretty well, and even the very angry Germans complaining about having to play this amazing game in English, have no problems shouting and expressing themselves in English here, so I don't get the amount of hate from them in so many threads here.

...Thats because you maybe a bit to young/immature to realise, that you are just not doing any better with your "piss all over" speech, the situation with a promised and originally existing german translation cannot be compared to a never announced Danish version and to understand, that even with more or less good english knowledge a game with such complex texts like BG just plays more fluent and immersive in native language.

I empathize with those who are waiting on a translation if it is true (of which I have no idea) that there is already a complete acceptable translation of all text that can be legally included. It would make sense to include it but not to include the audio if that is not feasible yet. I have played Japanese games with horrible subtitles and Japanese audio, but at least it was something.

On the other hand, there are a lot of juvenile posts here of people having tantrums. Perhaps if you yell more and call more people names, everything you want to happen will happen.
    famousringo
  • SamielSamiel Member Posts: 156
    I may be missing something truly obvious here, but most if not all the people in here are posting in reasonable English. Surely playing in English for a bit is not a major roadblock to enjoying the game?
    jackjackUberpesh
  • nsrnsr Member Posts: 174
    Samiel said:

I may be missing something truly obvious here, but most if not all the people in here are posting in reasonable English. Surely playing in English for a bit is not a major roadblock to enjoying the game?

I imagine that these people would be able to understand what's going on in the game. But it may be a lot more enjoyable, and a better experience, if the game was translated into the native language.
    Samiel said:

It isn't obvious that words carry more meaning in a language you use everyday? Do you speak any foreign languages? I am fluent in another language, but many of the words don't have the same emotional depth to me as English, my native language. Curse words, for example, don't feel like swears in another language.

Ultimately, most of the people complaining about the language problem should be blaming themselves. They bought a game without a feature that they wanted. They didn't wait. It is not as if anyone pre-ordered BGEE for the iPad. We bought it what it was officially released and the feature list was public. Unless the German was advertised as being in the iPad version or was there and then released, we are seeing people rage because they don't want to accept that they made an unwise choice. Sadly, instead of accepting their mistakes, some like to rage at others.

This is all quite different from people complaining about a poor touch interface or area of effect spells that made the game hard to play. When a company releases a game, they are standing behind the product. It is completely fair to blame them for major playability issues. I am still glad they release the game a year ago because I preferred that to waiting another entire year before having anything. I also am glad that they did it since it meant that they could pay payroll in order to have people to code the excellent patch. (Almost a bit of inadvertent Steam Greenlight on the Apple App Store).
    greenfish
  • SamielSamiel Member Posts: 156
    Well asked and answered, I remember the original Witcher subtitles (which weren't great). I liked to hear the original Polish voice work. Yet I still enjoyed the game.

I am certainly not against translations of any kind, but I imagine they take a bit of time and effort, and I am glad they prioritise element that benefit all, before a minority of the player base.
    jackjack
  • MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 291
    I am the first people criticizing Beamdong for reasons, but this whole thing of languages is quite childish. Yes, they make promises that they don't keep, or keep late or who knows when. But besides that, a German (with the kind of education and quality language classes they have) who is a computer nerd, and who obviously writes in English, and about a game that is not Shakespeare precisely... Come on, is retarded. The worst case scenario you will learn better English.

Beamdog has a small company and without them we won't be playing Baldur's Gate in the iPad and won't enjoy the improved graphics ever.
    lunarUberpesh
  • TeischusTeischus Member Posts: 28

I am the first people criticizing Beamdong for reasons, but this whole thing of languages is quite childish. Yes, they make promises that they don't keep, or keep late or who knows when. But besides that, a German (with the kind of education and quality language classes they have) who is a computer nerd, and who obviously writes in English, and about a game that is not Shakespeare precisely... Come on, is retarded. The worst case scenario you will learn better English.

Beamdog has a small company and without them we won't be playing Baldur's Gate in the iPad and won't enjoy the improved graphics ever.

The Problem is that they promised it before the release, yes i understand english and i can write it too, but i dont want to play the game this way.

Why dont they just put in the small textfile for german text so we can read it and hear english voices? I bet it would be enough for 99% of german buyers.. But Beamdog dont listen to us.. They dont even respond our posts here. They want to find a way "soon".. But wich way? The soundfiles are too big for Appstore anf they dont have any servers where the app can dload the additional content.

Lets be honest, we all know that theyll never release a patch for german language.
    Maybe they will release a seperate app that will support german only, and we, the idiot customers, can buy the game again..

I'm looking forward to get no respone from the devs about my posts
    Thx
    akirachen47
  • solidus0079solidus0079 Member Posts: 60
    edited December 2013
    They said they're working on it. They also said they were patching bugs, and look we finally got it. It just took a while, but they made good. It can be aggravating but please control your emotions.

I'm no dev but I'm sure if they responded it will be to say they wanted to prioritize fixing a fairly broken game that affected every player before adding support for a small subset of players. The fact you're asking in english and their response to you would be in english would just reinforce that.
    Uberpesh
  • akirachen47akirachen47 Member Posts: 38
    I hope the players can respect each other in different languages​​, but not to others only able to accept the language of their country.

If this game was first said in English only, other languages ​​of the player can choose whether to buy.

Game companies should be responsible for their commitment, rather than these players endless patience.

So needless to say how much they work, and we all know they are very hard, but please carefully evaluate their commitment to come back to tell the players.

I waited a year, very disappointed, but still expect them to honor their commitments.

* I use google translation, if the grammar is not correct, please forgive me.

They said they're working on it. They also said they were patching bugs, and look we finally got it. It just took a while, but they made good. It can be aggravating but please control your emotions.

I'm no dev but I'm sure if they responded it will be to say they wanted to prioritize fixing a fairly broken game that affected every player before adding support for a small subset of players. The fact you're asking in english and their response to you would be in english would just reinforce that.

A while? It took 9 months to release another patch without a 10mb textfile, great work, and now after releasing it, they dont respond to a suggestion from their customers, they simply ignore it, the only answer you get is "watch your language" "we understand your frustration" and the running time gag "we work on it" with the best word "soon" in combination, we saw what soon means.. 13 months and no german version, 9 months for a patch so we can play the game a bit stabler than before. I dont understand this way of work. I bought the game at the first day of release, still dont believe how dumb that was...

Teischus said:

A while? It took 9 months to release another patch without a 10mb textfile, great work, and now after releasing it, they dont respond to a suggestion from their customers, they simply ignore it, the only answer you get is "watch your language" "we understand your frustration" and the running time gag "we work on it" with the best word "soon" in combination, we saw what soon means.. 13 months and no german version, 9 months for a patch so we can play the game a bit stabler than before. I dont understand this way of work. I bought the game at the first day of release, still dont believe how dumb that was...

Maybe the fact they didn't release the patch with "a 10mb text file" should be evidence it requires more than you're aware of. Do they even have a text file they can use? This is a commercial product, they might have to make their own for legal reasons. And the game's pretty heavily scripted, I doubt it's as easy as snapping in a Nintendo cartridge.
    It is possible to get it working with that file if you have a jailbreak so i would say it is possible
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    As @Dee said in the last page, the translations bring other problems, it's not just dropping a 10k text file in the game. German alone would make the game go above Apple's App size limit.

On another note I've noticed the disrespectful and flaming posts are increasing in number. In my opinion being called an "apologist" is as disrespectful as being called a "hater". If the flames and general name calling do no stop, I'll have to close this thread.

This is just a friendly reminder for everyone to read the site rules.
    This thread should probably be closed anyways, since it's obsolete. If people still have issues, there's bug report threads and such. If a new big patch is needed, a new "patch please" thread should exist to avoid confusion with the current patch. Just my 2¢
    DelvarianCrevsDaakChrisNH
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    An excellent point.

Thread closed. Patch released!
    ChrisNH
This discussion has been closed.