Skip to content

Game Update: v1.2.0

Comments

• Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    notking said:

@Son_of_imoen
    Update your video driver.

I got the most recent driver but that didn't fix the problem. Getting the 1.2 patch for BG:EE did.

• notkingnotking Member Posts: 134
    @Son_of_imoen
    What's your os?
    My Intel HD2500 with win7 64 Pro works well.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @notking he's saying that the patch fixed the issue; there's no need to keep troubleshooting it. :)
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    any idea if and when we'll have an update for the remaining bugs collected after BG:EE 1.2?
    don't want to complain and 1.2 is great to play, but it's not "perfect" yet :)
  • HooHoo Member Posts: 128
    When will next patch be released? The current version has a serious bug; mods related to kits can not be applied correctly. This makes me sad...
    Grammarsalad
  • BlashBlash Member Posts: 248
    This is the official policy regarding the matter, as stated by a staff member in response to a post of mine :-)
    Aedan said:

I really do not think it is something that makes you impossible to go further in your adventures. I hope you have no nightmares because of that LITTLE bug.

• KaiDanKaiDan Member Posts: 14
    Do you plan to release a camera lock with in the next update?
  • upalonykretupalonykret Member Posts: 1
    how can i download it? i don't see link...
  • Archi8814Archi8814 Member Posts: 36
    edited January 2014
    With impatience of the following updating
    Post edited by Archi8814 on
  • BlashBlash Member Posts: 248
    Dee said:

Aedan is not a staff member; he's a beta tester and a volunteer.

We're just getting back into things this week, so keep an eye out for some information in the next several days or so.

Please define "several".
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited January 2014
    Blash said:

This is the official policy regarding the matter, as stated by a staff member in response to a post of mine.

What? I have never said I am a Beamdog developer. I just told you that the bug you described does not break your game, so I do not understand why you seem so upset for that. End of the story.
    Please do not spread misinformation like that in the future. It is not fair toward me and the developers. Thanks.
    Post edited by Aedan on
    CrevsDaakPibaro
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited January 2014
    Blash said:

Dee said:

Aedan is not a staff member; he's a beta tester and a volunteer.

We're just getting back into things this week, so keep an eye out for some information in the next several days or so.

Please define "several".
    Task: define word: "several" = definition of "several": an amount that is not exact but is fewer than many.
    TwoWayFinesseAedanNecdilzorelminster
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Dee said:

@Dee Any news patch- or DLC-wise that you can share? Or just how things are coming along, what is currently being worked on, stuff like that?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    The devs have said in other threads that the focus right now is releasing the Android version then we'll see a new patch.
    AdulNecdilzor
  • mzorichmzorich Member Posts: 34
    edited January 2014
    Unfortunately, it seems that based on the reactions of some after past missed deadlines, etc., that the devs have become hesitant to commit to just about anything ("soon"). Under promise, over deliver mentality?

I personally would rather have estimated timelines/rough commitments knowing full well that it's subject to change. But that doesn't work for everyone.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited February 2014
    I have a (probably beta) patch available for BGEE that I'm downloading. It seems fairly large (400 mb). Any news about what this contains? (there also seems to have been one for BG2EE)
    Post edited by elminster on
    Necdilzorjackjack
  • SuccubusSuccubus Member Posts: 90
    400 mb? Wow. I too wonder what's in it. :)
  • marrowjmarrowj Member Posts: 28
    Patch u say, yummy!
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    elminster said:

I have a (probably beta) patch available for BGEE that I'm downloading. It seems fairly large (400 mb). Any news about what this contains? (there also seems to have been one for BG2EE)

Did you run the client in late december or january? The latest build date for me was on the 20th december (according to build date file) and I had no update available since then, although I'm checking about once a week.
  • ObsydObsyd Member Posts: 11
    edited February 2014
    Ohh a patch is on it's way? I just purchased the game but I will wait for this patch before I start. :)
    Post edited by Obsyd on
  • QbertQbert Member Posts: 195
    I downloaded a patch also yesterday. I haven't noticed any difference in the game. can't say for sure that i've checked since late december though.
    On average, how much time is required for a beta patch to be released to the public?
    edited February 2014
    @Qbert If it is a bugfix beta patch there's no way to notice anything new until you reach one of the situations where a known bug would happens and it just doesn't :)

@Obsyd There's no average time. The current focus is in the Android version. I wouldn't be surprised if the new patch and the Android version release were simultaneous though.
    Post edited by mlnevese on
    I understand. Thank you for your reply.
    So can someone tell me if we will see a 1.3 version or a 1.2+ in the near future?
    @Obsyd A new patch is being worked on.
    NecdilzorSchopenhauer
  • AronAron Member Posts: 94
    I'm looking forward to the new patch. :) Im also hoping more will be added to the Baldur's Gate store. I was so looking forward to purchase more content, side quests, NPCs, sounds, portraits and so on.

Regards

Tom Fjellheim
    Isaya said:

elminster said:

Did you run the client in late december or january? The latest build date for me was on the 20th december (according to build date file) and I had no update available since then, although I'm checking about once a week.
    I certainly had checked it throughout January. I haven't been able to find the build file for macs in months (since I'm using what is probably beta versions of the game). There are lots of folders in my case that say they related to builds but they don't actually lead to any files. So I can't really say when the last update came out (at least in my case). It could just simply be that somehow in the case of both games I tripped something that made the game re-update itself? no clue really.
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    @elminster I didn't understand you are using a Mac, so the update history may be different than on Windows. I tried forcing a complete evaluation of update and it still didn't find anything for BGEE beta on Windows.
    In my case the build-date.txt file is in the same directory as chitin.key.
    Yea I looked already there. Theres nothing there like that and where the build file used to be it no longer is. Prior to that area there are lots of folders that say "build" on them but not actually anything in them. Anyways, I can't explain it because the version number hasn't changed and I'm certain I'd updated it in December as well (and in fact certain files say they were modified in december). Also BG2EE's update was like a gig in size, so I guess I must have done something that made the program want to re-apply an older update (even though I've never installed any mods). Sort of bizarre really.
This discussion has been closed.