Comments

• ZaknafeinBaenreZaknafeinBaenre Member Posts: 349
    It's gotta be Neera
    KidCarnivalbooinyoureyesFenghoang
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    Jan
    Tuth
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    that was a tough one. I think that Noober is annoying as all heck, but no one can (in my mind) top the incredibly depressing Xan. The Doom and futility just gets me down after about 5 minutes. cool weapon, but I just couldn't take him. I imagine that Charname would leave him tied up in a sack somewhere near Firewine Bridge, always assuming he didn't slit his throat outright. And I can see Jaheira saying "yep, it had to be done."
    atcDaveCrevsDaakBlackraven
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    I know I voted for noober, but I want to take it back and vote for this little [DATA EXPUNGED]: Cespenar.

Shut up, just shut up!!

I'M NOT CHEATING ON ANYONE YOU LITTLE SHIT I JUST HAVE A LOT OF RINGS NO I DONT WANT TO COMBINE MY RINGS OF PROTECTION AND REGENERATION GOD JUST GO AWAY
    JuliusBorisovBlackravenlolienPermidion_Stark
  • JenzafarJenzafar Member Posts: 303
    edited February 2014
    I've been annoyed by most of them from time to time over the years, but the only one I just can't take is Montaron. That guy is there to get me to FAI, and then Oops . . . poor Montaron! I let him chase after a diseased gibberling with a dagger.

Wait, I never loved him . . .
    CrevsDaakEmpyrial
  • laptopman666laptopman666 Member Posts: 283
    Quartz said:

Dude Quayle's death sound has me rolling every time. It's amazing.

oh yes, its the best death quote ever. but the fact it was happening as the scene is returning to normal, hearing the scream, then seeing his smokey remains. made it almost worth saving the game! :)
    elminsterCrevsDaak
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    Aaerie. She is the type of woman i would throw out my house immidiately once she starts talking depressed about everything... you can have the greatest moment of all time and she would crash that in a second with the "oh me wings oh me wings wuwu"...
    KidCarnivalCrevsDaakjackjackLoub
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    Yeah, if anything really good was happening in your house she wouldn't be thinking about her wings anyway since she'd be focused on that amazing thing. Finding a spider wrapping up a fly and inviting everyone to come watch just maybe isn't that great a thing to her.
    jackjack
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    While I don't necessarily find Aerie the most annoying thing around (in fact, I don't at all), that comic is hilarious and probably wildly in character.

Ah, Shar-Teel. Never change.
    QuartzAwong124Nonnahswriter
    edited February 2014
    Awong124 said:

Coutelier said:

Yeah, if anything really good was happening in your house she wouldn't be thinking about her wings anyway since she'd be focused on that amazing thing. Finding a spider wrapping up a fly and inviting everyone to come watch just maybe isn't that great a thing to her.

Or calling her over to come watch you pull the wings off of a fly.

This is hilarious:
    http://epantiras.deviantart.com/art/BG2-Shar-Teel-103217105
    Seen it. It's alright, if predictable. I don't think Aerie really cares much about insects at all. She probably pulls the wings off herself to stop them mocking her... or, wait, that was a dream I had.
    Post edited by Coutelier on
    Twani said:

While I don't necessarily find Aerie the most annoying thing around (in fact, I don't at all), that comic is hilarious and probably wildly in character.

Ah, Shar-Teel. Never change.

Nah; I can't see Shar-Teel bothering somehow. And if she did, it wouldn't go how she expects, since Aerie's not some noble girl; she used to live around animals and livestock and watching them be slaughtered. It would be more like; 'I... come from a circus. I've seen more suffocated rabbits and heads pulled off doves than you could shake your horned helmet at... which, i-incidentally, I think was one of our props'.

ST: I just... thought it would be funny, because... it's got... wings and stuff...

A: Other creatures have them. I know. I-is this why you pulled the wings off those chickens as well?

ST: ... thought you'd be upset...

A: I-I am... the wings are my favorite part, after the legs and the stuffing.

BelacRLJ
  • ZaknafeinBaenreZaknafeinBaenre Member Posts: 349
    Aerie and Jaheira are currently fighting over my affections. Jaheira wins every time. In fact I went and got Haer-dalis just so she'd leave me alone
    booinyoureyesKidCarnival
  • LesseLesse Member Posts: 81
    Eh, eventually she dumps HD for being a player. Then you can have the lovely Aerie coming back to you!

Aerie and Jaheira are currently fighting over my affections. Jaheira wins every time. In fact I went and got Haer-dalis just so she'd leave me alone

Or just say you're not interested; it's quite a lot quicker. Since Haer'Dalis can't just say he likes someone; he has to put on an entire play in order to daze and confuse her first.
    Lesse said:

Eh, eventually she dumps HD for being a player. Then you can have the lovely Aerie coming back to you!

She doesn't; I think Haer'Dalis actually just turns her off guys altogether.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Oh come on, Haer'Dalis isn't that bad.
    jackjack
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,146

HD is probably my most disliked character in the game. I guess I should have said "Other" on the poll, 'cause that guy REALLY gets on my nerves, I just want to smack him.
    edited February 2014

I want to remind our forum PEGI 13 rule, and I want to ask to everyone to follow it, minding your language and avoiding certain ways of expression.

Thanks

- Metalloman -
    Post edited by Metalloman on
    Blackraven
  • OllmerOllmer Member Posts: 73
    Edwin. You can't even take his Amulet of Cheating from his corpse as compensation for enduring his "wonderful" character.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    I will just slowly step back and leave, alright...?

*slowly steps back and leaves topic*

Ser Eyewin: Protection from Fanfiction: Ser Eyewin
    jackjackCrevsDaakEudaemonium

I will just slowly step back and leave, alright...?

*slowly steps back and leaves topic*

Ser Eyewin: Protection from Fanfiction: Ser Eyewin

With some people, that would probably only make things worse. As it is, I probably just shouldn't post things when I've not had any sleep.

I've never write fic like that or had any BG related dreams, like that or otherwise. Which is odd because I think I've played BG more than any other game over the years, and I do remember a dream about Fallout where I was looking for military base to find guns to defend my home from raiders, and for some reason I kept telling people my name was William Shatner.
    Montresor_SPlolien
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    Haer'Dalis is a perfectly decent guy. He just doesn't see himself and Aerie as having a forever romance together. That's... not a crime, to want something different out of life then what your partner wants. They separate amiably, and will still banter fine. Crazy Haer'Dalis rants from Aerie fanboys are as bad as the crazy Aerie rants from fanhaters.
    jackjackCrevsDaakKidCarnivalBlackraven
    Twani said:

Haer'Dalis is a perfectly decent guy. He just doesn't see himself and Aerie as having a forever romance together. That's... not a crime, to want something different out of life then what your partner wants. They separate amiably, and will still banter fine. Crazy Haer'Dalis rants from Aerie fanboys are as bad as the crazy Aerie rants from fanhaters.

There was never any rant from me anyway; just a somewhat tasteless and bad joke which I'm ashamed of and apologize for.

I actually don't have much problem with Haer'Dalis, apart from his verbal utterings being needlessly verbose. There seems to be an assumption made in fandom often that Haer'Dalis leaves Aerie, when actually it's Aerie who decides to end their relationship. And sometimes Haer'Dalis seem to think that Aerie is somehow stealing him, even she doesn't initiate any of it and is obviously surprised when he declares his love for her.

But I've no problem with either character really.
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,146
    Twani said:

I've never even recruited him into my party, the wretched flowery prose drives me nuts. I can't click through his pointless banter fast enough. Just want to get rid of him!