Skip to content

Stupidest things you have done in Baldur's Gate

Comments

• Demonoid_LimewireDemonoid_Limewire Member Posts: 424
    Killing Drizzt!
  • TheElfTheElf Member Posts: 798
    Nothing too bad. At first I always only used the highest enchantment I could find for weapons, which was fine for BG1, but later it meant ignoring belm and some other really good ones. Also, it took me a while to figure out how to take out mages' defensive spells. There were just too many spells to choose from, so at first fighting wizards was basically just buff and pray for me.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    @Skaffen‌ Das ist urkomisch!
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    edited March 2014
    @Skaffen Die Übersetzer hatten damals ebenso wenig verstanden von D&D wie ich ;)
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    edited March 2014
    comment deleted
    Post edited by Blackraven on
  • FuRYFuRY Member Posts: 21

Oh this one tops them all for me...

Forgetting to pick up Mulahey's holy symbol and going all the way back to Nashkel to discover the quest has not resolved. Then going back to the mines and the stuff is gone, resulting in an inability to advance the plot past chapter 2

That happened recently on my last BGEE playthrough. Although I was told by my friend that he had looted everything that was not tired down. Although upon returning to the Mines the symbol was still there thankfully.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Kissing Shoal the Nereid.
    And attacking Narcilius Neen without magical weapons to hurt the jellies.
  • Demonoid_LimewireDemonoid_Limewire Member Posts: 424
    Oh! And killing Shandalar before he teleports you for the quest...
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    "Saravok is just this miss-understood guy. He's really probably pretty nice once you get to know him."
    Wouldn't have been easier to have them join you, strip them blind and leave them tied up in the woods near an ogre's lair?
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689

Wouldn't have been easier to have them join you, strip them blind and leave them tied up in the woods near an ogre's lair?

It was a shortcut... You know what they say about shortcuts.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806

Slow Poison? That doesn't sound very useful. Who wants to poison their enemies slowly anyway? Oh well, I guess it never hurts to try...

Oh, that reminds me; when I was little, I kept wondering what level I needed to be to get stop poison. And I thought the poison must come back after a while.
  • JenzafarJenzafar Member Posts: 303
    meagloth said:

I just did the entire first level of watchers keep, got killed by the statues at the end, a realized I hadn't quicksaves through the entire thing, and had to do the whole level over again.

Dude. I did that exact thing a couple weeks ago. Except I didn't get killed, I just did a bad job and wanted to reload because I thought I'd saved a couple minutes before, but hadn't. *shame*
    iuventas said:

I *had* to find this topic, because...
    Created a fighter/thief, my three people party goes through the game much less easily than I expected (Charname, Kivan and Aerie, lacks a tank a bit but in theory should be okay). Give her katana proficiency, get Belm as soon as possible.
    They get to Underdark and something clicks very wrong, Charname has thac0 only two smaller than Aerie, what. Quick look at her weapon skills, everything seems okay, points in katanas...
    And then it hit me.

Apparently the new stupidest thing I've done is not understanding what the obvious issue is here.

• ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781

I had no idea Drow equipment disintegrated.

So I replaced all my party's gear with it and sold them in the Underdark.

Yeaaaahhhhh... I should've learned to read.

Yeah... I won't forget when I did this first playthrough
  • Dice42Dice42 Member Posts: 55
    On an early play through of BG1 with the cannon party when i was about 12/13:

Oh cool a gambling tent, I've got money to spare, lets give this a go...
    some friends they were lol