Skip to content

#ConfessionsofaBhaalspawn

Comments

• booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    meagloth said:

Confession: Wikipedia says that longswords where to handed. I disagreed.

I saw this recently as well, and I also disagree. I was surprised.
    CrevsDaak
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    @booinyoureyes‌ i think it's 16th century French longsword vs. 14 century German. (I can't remember well, and I don't feel like looking it up) the later ones where one handed(better steel->smaller&lighter?) and the German longswords where also called "greatswords" and "two handed swords".
    booinyoureyes
    Some more

Confession: I never beat vanilla BG1, only the EE (mostly because my tutu crashed and my vanilla discs kept having wild surges). It was without the BG1 NPC Project, which is a tragedy

Confession: I have not played a completely unmodded game since like 2003

Confession: like @Jenzafar‌ I will never solo the game. I feel like this is just not how it was meant to be played. The closest I will ever get will be a four person party.

Confession: Never played a no-romance game. Not because I think the romances are awesome or necessary or anything. Just because I want to get the complete experience that the game provides.

Confession: I think Planescape Torment, while still good, is overrated. I prefer Baldur's Gate by quite a bit. Not to knock Planescape, but it took place in a world too weird for me and I don't really relate to the main characters struggles (nor do I really love roleplaying a walking corpse!)
    NecomancerCrevsDaakBlackravenJuliusBorisov
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited March 2014
    meagloth said:

@booinyoureyes‌ i think it's 16th century French longsword vs. 14 century German. (I can't remember well, and I don't feel like looking it up) the later ones where one handed(better steel->smaller&lighter?) and the German longswords where also called "greatswords" and "two handed swords".

Technically, a real life "longword" refers to any sword that isn't a shortsword (very simplified, but true). As such the majory of longswords can indeed be wielded as both a single handed weapon and two-handed weapon. And yes, Claymores/Zweihänder are also considered "longswords" in that regard.

Anyway, I have another confession to make: At one point in the distant past I thought Puddings tasted like puddings. I was proven wrong by my taste buds.
    CrevsDaakbooinyoureyes
    Shandyr said:

Confession: I don't think that Aerie is whiny and I enjoyed her romance.

Confession: I don't think Jaheira is annoying.

Confession: Nor do I think Minsc is annoying.

Confession: I dislike Irenicus as a villain. I much prefer Sarevok as one.

Confession: I do enjoy Throne of Bhaal.

Confession: I have never cared much about technical/mechanical stuff or powergaming.
    I mostly only care for the story. This has actually caused that I do not have much knowledge
    about technical/battle mechanics.

@Shandyr‌ I just realized we share quite a bit in our tastes
    [Deleted User]Brer_Rabbit
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    @booinyoureyes Confession: you might very well be right, and I am ashamed to say I have never had him in my party long enough to try and look past my first impression.
    booinyoureyes
    Sjerrie said:

Confession: I never played a pure spellcaster.

Addition: until now. Current Charname is an Avenger. Though once shapeshifting abilities arrive I will make heavy use of those. Oh, and am gonna romance Dorn. Wish me luck.

@booinyoureyes @necomancer I am now resolved to giving Anomen another chance, once I think of an appropriate female Charname.
    booinyoureyesjackjackCrevsDaakBlackraven
  • unfortunate_oneunfortunate_one Member Posts: 44
    Confession: Although I fancy myself a half-elf, and i really want to rp one, I always play an elf so I can start with a 19 in dex.

Confession: I wish there was only one suit of anheg armor in BG1. I think having two makes armor selection for my frontliners boring. Every time I start a new game I tell myself to pretend that dusty green armor isn't laying in a field down south, but every time I hit the cloakwoods, my two tanks are head to toe in green!

Confession: I'm all for more race/class restrictions, and I think there should be more.

Confession: I have come to love BG2, but I still think BG is a better overall experience.
    booinyoureyesCrevsDaakJuliusBorisovBrer_Rabbit
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    Flashburn said:

Confession: I've never played a female CHARNAME. Sorry, but all the male voicesets of BG2 except MALE5/Default are better than the females'. MALE1 is the best though.

I actually like MALE5. I think the MALE3 is the worst. I could only see myself using that voiceset for an annoying bard (Eldoth-style).
    Of the female voicesets I think FEMALE4 is pretty solid, for many types of female charnames, and FEMALE3 has worked for a few female gnomes and halflings I've played.
    JuliusBorisov
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251

I love MALE3 actually... I think MALE5's "to battle and VICTORY" is just too over the top. 3 and 4 are my favorites. But then again I usually play bards and paladins.

My all time favorite though is the third male option from the first game. Cracks me up.

"Toim fer a bitta tha ruff 'n' tumble!"

"haha! Oy'l lead 'em well!"

"Of course, huh huh yeh!"
    booinyoureyes
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    edited March 2014
    My fave male voiceset is 4.
    The original 3 is very funny, I used it once long ago on a halfling, the dude with the sideburns and the hat.
    jackjackbooinyoureyesQuartz
    Confession: I take a crapload of time to figure a Charname out before I even roll him/her. Even after rolling I might think for days about something like the voiceset.
    BlackravenbooinyoureyesjackjackBrer_Rabbit
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Confession: both MALE5 form BG2 and BG:EE are my favorites, not because of the number, because they are so cool!!
    BlackravenJuliusBorisov
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    edited March 2014
    I play MALE1 almost exclusively. Even in real life, many things are "a waste of my talent!"
    JuliusBorisovQuartz
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    meagloth said:

aaaarrrggghhhh!!!!!! WHY ARE THE BG1 VOICE SETS NOT IN BG2!!!!???????

Why is BG1 like a writing desk?
    Necomancerjackjack
    edited March 2014
    @meagloth IKR?!? On my last playthrough of both games I had to change the voice of my Charname when starting BG2EE. It was probably done though because of all the extra sounds.
    Post edited by Sjerrie on
    booinyoureyesdoggy