Skip to content

The Road to v1.3 (BG:EE), Phase III

DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
edited April 2014 in The Road to v1.3 (BG:EE)
We're pushing an update to the Windows beta build now. The full list of changes are in the next post.

Phase III: Content Testing

Today we are directing our focus to testing quests. In this phase, we will be testing each and every quest in the entire game to make sure that it works.

We've created a form here*, which we will be using to track our progress. Once we have confirmed that every quest works, we will release the patch on all platforms.

If you'd like to participate, open up the link and mark any test you've completed successfully as "Works"; any test that you were unable to complete, mark as "Does Not Work".

If you have anything to add, use the Comments field.
Successful Tests: 0 / 721
*Special thanks to the folks over at Dudleyville for creating a handy printable checklist to start from.
Post edited by Dee on

Comments

• AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    @Dee I noticed there are no ask threads open nowadays, so I'll try to ask here. Do you have any information about whether adventure Y, some other DLC, or really any new gameplay content is planned at this point? I have very little confidence left that there will be new stuff released for these games and it would be nice to get a confirmation from an official source, even if it's negative.
  • EffinyEffiny Member Posts: 378
    Dee said:

Last time we did it we managed it in about a week. We don't need a lot of confirmations, but we do want to make sure that everything's working correctly.

Allright, fingers crossed for all of us. ;-)
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    I like that there's an update for further testing... sad that it's not pushing for OS X yet :(
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    edited April 2014
    Still no beta for Steam? :/

At least progress is being made. I hope you guys aren't on like the verge of imploding due to taking on more work then you're team is capable of, essentially I hope you haven't fallen in to a similar situation as Exploding Rabbit.

http://www.explodingrabbit.com/
    http://www.explodingrabbit.com/news/super-action-squad-is-being-put-on-hold
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    @Franpa‌ - you have to have purchased the game direct from Beamdog to participate in the beta.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/479271/#Comment_479271
  • maneromanero Member Posts: 392
    After year and a half i must say that BG EE edition is produced in slow motion...

Last update for BG2EE was 5 months ago... last update for BGEE around 6...
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    I realize I am in the vast minority here, but can you *please* bring back the larger fonts that were in phase 1 of this beta (at the very least make it an .ini option)? It really did make playing the game much easier for me.
  • maneromanero Member Posts: 392
    edited April 2014
    Adul said:

I was never a fan of multiplatform development, those testing and review delays are always slowing things down to a crawl. I suspect that's the main reason why we see BG:EE patches sit around for months while seemingly nothing is happening.

Exactly... But what can we do?

"Make money, money, make money, money..." blah.

BG should be PC ONLY. It's not f***** Angry Birds ;/ I don't need it on my phone.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I was bored and created a Google form about how you would like the text screen/font size to be. It can be found here.
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    edited April 2014
    jackjack said:

I understand that my 1680x1050 resolution isn't the same as others'.

Try playing the game at 2560 x 1440. It can be a little difficult reading the text, especially if someone doesn't have perfect vision.
    jackjack said:

I would hope the consensus is that both window and font size ought to be decisions left up to the user, and I think this can be realized in the form of a check box or two in the options menu.

This is what I would like to see.

• squalltheonlysqualltheonly Member Posts: 40
    To the person that said that this game should be for PC only, well I disagree. I am a fan of these D&D RPGs, even though I have never actually completed any of them, I still like to support the secs. Which is why I bough BG:EE and BG2:EE on PC, and will buy both for my nexus 7. Will I play them? Yes, will I beat them? No. Then why do it? Cuz I eventually want Torment:EE and BG3.

Another route the secs can take is by using the green light feature in steam, that way people like me can donate, instead of working on multiple platforms that slow production among them.

At the end of the day, I will buy w/e has D&Din the name. I'm a sucker like that lol
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 279
    CrevsDaak said:

I was bored and created a Google form about how you would like the text screen/font size to be. It can be found here.

Really nice of you!! Also 90% voted for having an option for both settings... and so did I.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    @Sixheadeddog I'm of the opinion that whoever can buy and install a game can also download and install a mod - there is no difference in skillset required. Of course, some lack the patience to learn about what mods a game has available, but I personally don't regard that as a lack of availability.

On the other hand, I have never owned an Apple computer so I trust your assessment that the original BG was unavailable on newer Mac versions.
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    Adul said:

On the other hand, I have never owned an Apple computer so I trust your assessment that the original BG was unavailable on newer Mac versions.

So what. Many modern games aren't even available for the Mac, so why should the original BG games be any different? People just don't use Macs for games overall. And I believe there's a PC emulator that works just fine with them.

This discussion has been closed.