Skip to content

the clock is no longer ticking. It has ceased to tick

Comments

• sirthaddaeussirthaddaeus Member Posts: 41
    Loub said:

what a let down really

It is for posts like this I really wished there was a 'dislike' button.
    So be it. Glad to see it finally out and I'll definitely be purchasing it but the hype of the countdown clock for something we knew was coming was a little much

• cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    I for one have been waiting for the android release for ~1.5 years, so I am really happy about this :D
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    Good for android users. They've been waiting a long time for this, so cheers to them.

Bad for the rest of us, but, eh, come on, we all knew that's what it was going to be, anyway. I predicted it, you predicted it, someone's mom inevitably predicted it, so on so forth.
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    I do think a clock was a bit overkill for the release of the Android version (left me insanely disappointed lol), but I am sure the Android users will appreciate it and hopefully it means patches soon for us PC users :)

PS - IWD1/2EE soon rite? ;)
  • MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 291
    This makes me think. There has really been any Android user holding it for two years and playing now for the first time? xD
  • LoubLoub Member Posts: 471

This makes me think. There has really been any Android user holding it for two years and playing now for the first time? xD

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

TO END... LIKE THIS?
    This is how I felt (soooooo hoping against all hope it would be Adventure Y)

You know when?

Soon...™

(I am sure you weren't on this boards before Bhaaldog was banned, but she used to say both things a lot).
  • LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    CrevsDaak said:

TO END... LIKE THIS?

You know when?

Soon...™

(I am sure you weren't on this boards before Bhaaldog was banned, but she used to say both things a lot).
    If I may mine your grey matter: What exactly did we miss?
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Oh well, I'm just glad that the Android users finally have BGEE.

Now, about that BG2EE patch...
    Loub said:

CrevsDaak said:

TO END... LIKE THIS?

You know when?

Soon...™

If I may mine your grey matter: What exactly did we miss?
    @Bhaaldog‌ (or also known as @Samus) was an user on the Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition who kept on saying "To end... Like this?" and "Soon...". She was later banned because of creating multiple accounts.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited April 2014
    Now that at least BGEE is out on Android it begs a few questions.

When is BG2EE going to get an update? For the last 3 months they've characterized android as being the priority while BG2EE has existed in a pretty buggy state for the last 5 months.

When are Mac's/PC's/Ipad's expected to be running the same version of BGEE as Androids are now?

Last I checked when it comes to BGEE Mac and PC are on two different versions when it comes to beta testing. Non-beta testers are still on 1.2. Clearly there is quite a bit of difference between the version numbers being used in the game (which impacts cross compatibility for multiplayer).
    Post edited by elminster on

Is it possible she made a new account and is among us as we speak?

She'd probably be banned again.

To end... Like that?
  • chbrookschbrooks Member Posts: 86
    bengoshi said:

So, why negativity? Instead, even if I would be a non-Android user, I would be positive. The fact that they finally finished the Android, one of the basics of these all Enhanced editions, means now they will be able to work on something really new. And that work has already started. Voice over actors, mentioning of the Adventure Y here and there, thoughts about IWDEE. All of this and even more will become not only words but the reality in the future. And this Android release is like opening the doors to this future.

I think it's mostly the execution. A countdown clock implies a major announcement that will be relevant to most if not all players invested in the game. For it to boil down to, "We finally got this thing done that we promised a year ago" is a bit disappointing unless you're one of the users who have been waiting on this.

Meanwhile, both games have some annoying bugs that have existed without fixes for six months or longer. And additional content which has been teased for about a year and a half now remains nothing more than wishful thinking.

Kudos to Beamdog for getting the Android version out, and it's great that folks now have a new way to play. But the countdown clock was a pretty cheap gimmick that was obviously targeted at building up hype, so now the company is going to have to deal with the fact that those who hoped for something else are disappointed.

And while this does theoretically free up the developers to work on new patches, Adventure Y, or some other exciting new product, it's hard to get too excited about that. BG:EE is now a year and a half old. BG2:EE has some major bugs that have gone unfixed. I'm sure new content will be forthcoming, but who knows whether that will be this year or next or sometime in 2026. Making such a big deal about a version of the game that is now a year and a half late doesn't inspire a ton of confidence.

Much has been promised, little has been delivered. Hope springs eternal, and it's great that more people have new ways to enjoy the game. But the countdown clock was probably not the best way to build up hype for something that doesn't cater to such a large portion of the community.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    I always thought Bhaaldog/Samus was a dude.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Awong124 said:

Maybe Bhaaldog was a dude and Samus was a chick

o.0?
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Gg wp. I'm not some seer with mystical powers. Hopefully android users eat it up. They are great games :)

Awong124 said:

o.0?
    Samus is a chick. Haven't you played Metroid? (Aran Samus to be precise).
  • zenblackzenblack Member Posts: 100
    edited April 2014
    Underwhelming. No funny post? No foreshadowing of future events? No sale? Surely a timers unwritten bargain, is it requires some pomp and circumstance.
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    Next countdown clock: bg2ee android version
  • ZeratulZeratul Member Posts: 575
    Pffff no Planescape EE! Its only Android version :(
  • ChorazyGlusChorazyGlus Member Posts: 151
    CrevsDaak said:

Awong124 said:

o.0?
    Samus is a chick. Haven't you played Metroid? (Aran Samus to be precise).
    Huh. Even though I have played the series from original Metroid (1986 I believe) to Metroid: Fusion, which I have yet to finish, I failed to make a connection... now I feel really sad. Time to fire up that emulator and finally beat Fusion on my PC.