Skip to content

The BG NPC project

Comments

• AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited May 2014
    @kaguana‌ - The only thing I can think of is that you may have unwittingly hit her with an area effect spell. If she's attacked, she will turn hostile. BG1NPC doesn't touch her script, only the dialog file.

If you have a save game from before you encountered Laurel, but after you entered the area, I can check it for problems with the dialog.
    jackjack
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    I didn't use any spells I just walk to the area and I see her hostile and trying to attack me
  • SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527
    I just ran into a problem where the game kept crashing every time I tried to rest. I suspect it was due to this mod but I can't be sure, as I also have SCS and BG2 Tweaks installed. The reason I suspect it was this mod though is because at the time Dynaheir was dead (still in party) and CHARNAME is romancing her. As soon as I resurrected her I could rest without crashing.

Note: I installed BG1NPC mod on 4/21, so if this issue has been addressed since then, please ignore.
    jackjack
    @SirK8 - It looks like a dream talk from Dynaheir was causing the crash. Raise Dynaheir first, then rest. That worked for me.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    @AstroBryGuy did you fix the crashing dream script dialogue for Dynaheir? This problem was encountered when testing BG1NPC and the solution was to change the order of the triggers like discussed here:
    http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,29110.msg334850.html#msg334850
    AstroBryGuy

@kaguana‌ - The only thing I can think of is that you may have unwittingly hit her with an area effect spell. If she's attacked, she will turn hostile. BG1NPC doesn't touch her script, only the dialog file.

If you have a save game from before you encountered Laurel, but after you entered the area, I can check it for problems with the dialog.

Here is the save

jastey said:

@AstroBryGuy did you fix the crashing dream script dialogue for Dynaheir? This problem was encountered when testing BG1NPC and the solution was to change the order of the triggers like discussed here:
    http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,29110.msg334850.html#msg334850

Thanks for the information! I had not fixed it yet. I'll make those fixes to BG1NPC ASAP.
    Well, I thought it was already solved for all instances, of course. But now I hope the crashes are not due to another, unknown problem. :)
    edited May 2014
    kaguana said:

Here is the save

Hmmmm. When I load the save game, Laurel is neutral (blue circle). She gives the gibberling quest just fine. I'm not sure what the problem is.

Do you have any other mods loaded?

Post edited by AstroBryGuy on
    jastey said:

Well, I thought it was already solved for all instances, of course. But now I hope the crashes are not due to another, unknown problem. :)

Looks like it may be an unknown problem after all...

The crash is happening on Dynaheir's Flirt Talk #2 (starts with the line, "Doth evil haunt thy dreams again, ?"). Here's the code from p#dyrom.baf.
    IF %BGT_VAR%
    Global("X#DynahMatch","GLOBAL",1)
    !Global("X#DynaheirRomanceInactive","GLOBAL",1)
    Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",%tutu_chapter_4%)
    Global("%bgdreams%","GLOBAL",%bgdream3%)
    Global("X#DyFlirt2","GLOBAL",0)
    InParty(Myself)
    !StateCheck(Player1,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
    !StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
    CombatCounter(0)
    !See([ENEMY])
    PartyRested()
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("X#DyFlirt2","GLOBAL",1)
    END
    I tried moving the !StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID) to the top of the triggers, but the game still crashed. I'll have to see if I can figure this out.

Raising Dynaheir first seems to solve the problem, so it's something about the state check. I'm just not sure what it is.
    edited May 2014

Hmmmm. When I load the save game, Laurel is neutral (blue circle). She gives the gibberling quest just fine. I'm not sure what the problem is.

I try it again to gt into the map as you did and she was ok this time , how weird I didn't use any spells in that area that should have made her hostile, anyway thx for the help :)

Post edited by kaguana on
    AstroBryGuyjackjack
    kaguana said:

I try it again to gt into the map as you did and she was ok this time , how weird I didn't use any spells in that area that should have made her hostile, anyway thx for the help :)
    Glad it's working for you too.
    kaguana
  • jobbyjobby Member Posts: 181
    @AstroBryGuy‌

That seemed to work to initiate the first dialogue however I've played for a while now and nothing more seems to happen :S, I tried entering the same code into the console again and it triggered something about a bloodstone ring which according to the Romance guide is miles away from Lovetalk2, any other suggestions?
    edited May 2014
    SirK8 said:

I just ran into a problem where the game kept crashing every time I tried to rest. I suspect it was due to this mod but I can't be sure, as I also have SCS and BG2 Tweaks installed. The reason I suspect it was this mod though is because at the time Dynaheir was dead (still in party) and CHARNAME is romancing her. As soon as I resurrected her I could rest without crashing.

Note: I installed BG1NPC mod on 4/21, so if this issue has been addressed since then, please ignore.

@SirK8 - The issue is due to the problem @Jastey pointed out. It's a problem with the order of triggers in a script for Dynaheir. Basically the scripts should check if Dynaheir is dead first, but they check that near the end of the trigger list, and that's causing a crash (I don't know why the trigger order causes a crash, but it does). So, the triggers in the script DYNAHD.BCS need to be rearranged.

I've attached a patched script file.

First, go into your override directory and copy out DYNAHD.BCS. Keep it somewhere safe in case you need to revert to your old file. Then, unzip the patched script and copy it into your override directory.
    jackjackSirK8
  • ValVal Member Posts: 20
    Greetings again,

I have been playing the bg ee npc mod for a while now and have encountered a problem..the "star constellation talk" with Ajantis-afterwards he won't stop talking, initiating the flirt dialogues on his own every ten seconds.. The bg 1 npc project is the only mod I have installed.

Any ideas?
    edited May 2014
    @Val - Do you mean the player-initiated dialogs (the menu of selections like "*You smile at Ajantis.*")? Or is he continuing to start further romance talks?

EDIT: A saved game would be helpful to look at the variables that have been set so I can track down which trigger is firing the flirts.
    jobby said:

@AstroBryGuy‌

That seemed to work to initiate the first dialogue however I've played for a while now and nothing more seems to happen :S, I tried entering the same code into the console again and it triggered something about a bloodstone ring which according to the Romance guide is miles away from Lovetalk2, any other suggestions?

Which command, the "CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("x#ShMale","Global",1)" one?
    edited May 2014
    @AstroBryGuy‌

Yeah that's the one, I set it to zero then set it to one again after nothing else happened after numerous hours of gameplay and a number of rests (both outside and in inns) and that's when i got the chat about a bloodstone ring.

I also tried the SharInterest command you posted earlier in the thread and that returned an error, can't remember it offhand but can post it when i get home from work if you want?
    Post edited by jobby on
  • SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527

SirK8 said:

@SirK8 - The issue is due to the problem @Jastey pointed out. It's a problem with the order of triggers in a script for Dynaheir. Basically the scripts should check if Dynaheir is dead first, but they check that near the end of the trigger list, and that's causing a crash (I don't know why the trigger order causes a crash, but it does). So, the triggers in the script DYNAHD.BCS need to be rearranged.

I've attached a patched script file.

First, go into your override directory and copy out DYNAHD.BCS. Keep it somewhere safe in case you need to revert to your old file. Then, unzip the patched script and copy it into your override directory.
    Thanks for the fix. And here I thought it was due to CHARNAME being so heartbroken at the death of Dynaheir that he refused to let the party rest until she could be raised, even to the point of breaking the fourth wall and crashing the game when they tried! ;)
    jackjackAstroBryGuy
    Val said:

Greetings again,

I have been playing the bg ee npc mod for a while now and have encountered a problem..the "star constellation talk" with Ajantis-afterwards he won't stop talking, initiating the flirt dialogues on his own every ten seconds.. The bg 1 npc project is the only mod I have installed.

Any ideas?

That sounds like a missing closing variable, so Ajantis initiates dialogue indefinitely but no other dialogue but the PID is valid so it triggers all over again. @AstroBryGuy you can shove anything related to the Ajantis romance my way, let me know if you want me to look at this.

@Jastey - Please do.
    @Val would you please tell me what the variable "X#AjantisLoveTalk" and "X#AjantisRomanceStars" is at? What is your current rep?
    @AstroBryGuy‌

Don't know if this means anything to you, pretty sure i typed it in correctly.

And as a side note due to my low rep I've been getting attacked by guards in Nashkel however they decided to fight among themselves instead, this might be caused by SCS however.

edited May 2014
    @jobby - My mistake setting a timer isn't a valid CLUAConsole command.

http://gemrb.org/iesdp/appendices/clua/bgee.htm

Can you use the command
    CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("VARNAME","Global")
    And tell me the values of these variables?

X#SharInterest
    X#SharInterestTalk
    X#SharRing

e.g.
    CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("x#SharInterest","Global")
    @AstroBryGuy‌

Ah no problem, Well I didn't save the game after I'd messed about the console a second time as I don't know enough to fix it if i did something wrong, but I recreated it in another save and here's what happens (minor spoilers)

Set CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("x#ShMale","Global",1) then i get this.

Then straight away

I have two sets of variables for you, one from my savegame where i only used the CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("x#ShMale","Global",1) command once and it initiated the first dialogue correctly (but nothing after that)

X#SharInterest 3
    X#SharInterestTalk 1
    X#SharRing variable doesn't exist (or something like that)

And now from the savegame from which the pictures below come from, where I have used the CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("x#ShMale","Global",1) command twice.

X#SharInterest 1
    X#SharInterestTalk 1
    X#SharRing 3

Hopefully this is of some use to you :)

One other error I encountered (although it may be SCS / BG:EE) was that my polymorphed imp familiar couldn't change back from a mustard jelly, when I left the area he died and I lost con :(
    @jobby - Did the Shar-Teel "take off your clothes" dialog prompt a rest and post-coital dialog?
    jackjack
    edited May 2014
    jastey said:

@Val would you please tell me what the variable "X#AjantisLoveTalk" and "X#AjantisRomanceStars" is at? What is your current rep?

Hey,

My rep is at 16-but I unfortunately have no idea how to activate the console in BG:EE and get you the variables without breaking the game-tried it once and would not launch anymore, then set it to previous state and it was fine again.

I tried to attache a save file, but the forum says that the uploaded file type is not allowed, what is up with that?

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    You need to zip up the entire save folder located inside your save games directory. It should read something like 000000…
    Use WinRAR or 7zip.
    Okay, I hope it worked..here is the save in question..you would just have to travel to the Friendly Arm Inn and then the star constellation talk triggers
    jackjack
    @AstroBryGuy‌

Yeah the first time that worked ok to which I replied "fair enough to do it again?" she then replied with something like "I think we've learned all we need to about each other" which I assume is just her general persona as opposed to romance end.

After initiating the console for a second time however it skipped straight to the bloodstone ring chat straight after rest.
This discussion has been closed.