Skip to content

What phrase in the game do you hate the most?

For example: "You must gather your party before venturing forth" or "You have been waylaid by enemies and must defend yourself."
BlackravenbooinyoureyesCrevsDaakJuliusBorisovNonnahswriterMontresor_SPAristilliusmonico

Comments

• abazigal5abazigal5 Member Posts: 290
    I hate that one because it always means that someone is going to get poisoned...I HATE poison...
    RavenslightelminsterbooinyoureyesJuliusBorisov
  • FinaLfrontFinaLfront Member Posts: 260
    Lmao @jackjack‌ and @Tresset‌
    Candidates for this weeks 2 most funny posts award. I can see this is going to be another funny ass thread.

If this includes BG2 as well, what @jackjack‌ said—instead Arie.
    booinyoureyesCrevsDaakJuliusBorisovjackjack
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    edited May 2014
    I actually hate Minsc's "Go for the eyes, Boo" line from Baldur's Gate 1, not 2.

He says "Go for the eyes, Boo. Go for the eyes! Rrraaaaassskk" Raaask? Really? Even the text is different and reads "Rrraaagh!"

It really bothers me. Did Jim Cummings improvise or didn't read the line correctly?

Thankfully, they changed it in BG2 and it sounds much better.

This is what I mean.
    QuartzAwong124Nokkenbuer
  • recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692

Jaheira deserves mentioning here: "Yes, oh omnipresent authority figure" and "I've just about seen enough waking hours, slavedriver".

Although the voice actresses changed between games, I found both incarnations of Jaheira were as replayable as Caro Emerald when it comes to matters of the voice (and everything else, I suppose). I never got tired of these lines.

"Blasted beggar's immune!"
    &
    "I hit - to no effect? I need to get a better sword."
    were much more common and significantly more tedious lines.

Their tediousness was aided in part by my "leave it to the Mage!" philosophy, and the eternal failures of Korgan and Minsc respectively to appreciate that idealogy. :P
    Blackraven
    @booinyoureyes "No, away with YOU, fool! *Casts Fireball on the noble*"
    the_spyderbooinyoureyesjackjackEmpyrial
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    There are no phrases I hate as such. But anything gets annoying if you hear it too much. Like with music; I might like a song at first, but then I hear being played everywhere all the time and I get tired of hearing it and wish I had a shotgun I could aim at the speakers.

So things like 'You must gather your party', and 'Go for the eyes' I just get bored of hearing after a while.
    Montresor_SP
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    Loub said:

Not something I personally hate, but something I find utterly and despisably mean is this line in the Rasaad romance, spoken by CHARNAME:
    "I imagine you with no mouth. I like it better when you don't speak."

Seriously, what the hell hero?

Oh gods, you can seriously say that? That's hysterical. And horrible. I hope he dumps you if you say that to him. Rasaad needs more self-esteem. By BG2, he's badass. He shouldn't have to take CHARNAME's bluster.

As for me, it's the standard Minsc and Jaheira lines that tend to get on my nerves, as I've had them in my party so many times. And the next time Yoshimo tells me he can dance on the head of a pin, I'm going to make him show me. Seriously, how can you dance on the head of a pin? YOU CAN'T. Shut it, Yoshi.
    Blackraven
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    edited May 2014
    There's probably one or two things I would like to turn off, but I'll be damned if I I can think of them right now. Like @booinyoureyes‌ I love the "child if bhaal has awoken" line. This might sound weird but it I wish I could "ahhh..." Like David Warner. He's very good at it.
    Confession: I don't hate "you must gather your party before venturing forth". I thinks it's kinda funny, and I wonder who's voice it is.

Edit: I just thought of one! Nalia's voice grates on my nerves. Soooooo bad. I don't know what it is, but I can barely have her in my party. Just.... Every selection sound gives me the "fingernail on the chalkboard" feel. It's not thats the voice acting is badly done(though I guess in a way that oxymoronic) but I just can't stand her voice.
    JuliusBorisovbooinyoureyes
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    The only phrase I hate in BG is: "Your main character has been killed. You must restart the game".
    elminsterMontresor_SPDemonoid_Limewire
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited May 2014
    I don't think there are any voiced lines that get under my skin.

Okay, wait yeah, there is: "Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes! Raargh!" That actually grates on me after a while.

Archaos said:

@booinyoureyes "No, away with YOU, fool! *Casts Fireball on the noble*"

"Don't. Touch. Me! I might catch something"
    Yeah... like a dwarven thrower.
    ...Catch this! *Throws a second fireball just to be sure*
    FinaLfrontbooinyoureyes