Skip to content

Stupidest things you have done in Baldur's Gate

Comments

• Eadwyn_G8keeperEadwyn_G8keeper Member Posts: 541
    1. [General] ~Spending endless frustrating hours looting corpses for meager returns, checking to see which NPCs still have empty spaces and who can carry the 2 handed swords without encumbrance. [BG1-ToSC so no gem bag or potion case] Sheesh!!

When I could so easily bag a few more Ankhegs or just make sure I didn't leave anything behind in the Ghast Tomb once or twice. On the other hand there is always the possibility of finding some desirable scrolls ASAP [eg. Knock].

2. [Specific] ~After Nashkel Mines. Entering Nashkel Store without realizing that I had just heard the beginning of Nimbul's speech, "I am Death..." After party had cashed in various items and restocked we exited right into the arms of Nimbul. Literally, he was right beside the door. Splattered!

• Eadwyn_G8keeperEadwyn_G8keeper Member Posts: 541
    Also - dropping items which are intended for another member of the party to pick up, such as healing potions. And then discovering that they are unretrievable as the NPC was standing in some never-never land at the crowded entrance to some area. Once this even happened right in Feldpost Inn where the dropped item was apparently swallowed up by a table.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Traveling around Nashkal without a few stone to flesh scrolls in hand.
  • abazigal5abazigal5 Member Posts: 290
    Oh, yeah: Forgetting to save after I had exited Irenicus' dungeon and going to free Viconia...with only CHARNAME and Minsc. Seriously, I did that four or five times. Then I had to watch the cutscene where Irenicus kills everyone sent to destroy and/or capture him which, when you're impatient to get back to the game, is annoyingly long.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    That moment when you realize if you charm commoners and use them as canon fodder, when the charm wears of, they get pissed. And it doesn't work very well.
  • MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    @meagloth do you get rep loss if they get killed?
  • StevevdlStevevdl Member Posts: 73
    Dumbest thing I've done would be letting neera cast reckless dwomer of a magic missile that wild surged into a lightning bolt inside the red sheath. After the fight found out my cavalier was fallen. Made an interesting playthrough. Also found out it had taken out the innkeeper and had to find somewhere else to rest
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    MacHurto said:

@meagloth do you get rep loss if they get killed?

@MacHurto‌ they turn hostile, so every time you walk int the inn the ai charges on.
  • JenzafarJenzafar Member Posts: 303
    Wand of lightning bolts. Indoors. Every time.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

simples said:

Jenzafar said:

yolo!
    yodo! :p
    #53, it's identified by the letter "I"
    Oh!
    You didn't mean to say Iodine in Spanish, right?
    Right?
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857

simples said:

Jenzafar said:

yolo!
    yodo! :p
    What, nobody will Raise you?

Serves you right for doing that low rep playthrough!
  • abazigal5abazigal5 Member Posts: 290
    Oh, how about this: I was fighting shadow fiends in Firkraag's lair. In the maze. Everyone except Charname and Viconia had died, so I decided to reload and try again. Little did I realize that my last save was all the way back at the entrance with the Orc Archers which I REALLY HATE!
  • MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    edited June 2014
    "Ok, first No-Reload ever, right out of Candlekeep... Let´s just go and kill that Tarnesh guy"

/me rerolls another character some minutes later
  • StormvesselStormvessel Member Posts: 654
    MacHurto said:

"Ok, first No-Reload ever, right out of Candlekeep... Let´s just go and kill that Tarnesh guy"

/me rerolls another character some minutes later

There are two guards patrolling literally a few feet from where he triggers the conversation. The easy way to deal with him is to drag him between those two guards and then let him trigger the conversation. He's be dead within seconds.

• StormvesselStormvessel Member Posts: 654
    MacHurto said:

Agree with @CrevsDaak‌. It always pisses me off when a charmed creature or a neutral ally kills anything. Even in BG1 where you hit the XP cap no matter what you do.

As long as you strike first you get the xp. Almost certain. Immy has a wand of magic missiles which will strike fast and then the guards just help out.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

When a summoned creature kills something I kinda wish the summoner would get credit for the kill

It does. Same for Charmed I think.