Skip to content

You know you're playing too much Baldur's Gate when...

Comments

• ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    @bengoshi‌ I was with you till you brought Cernd into this...
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    @bengoshi‌ He may not be any worse than Garrick, but at least Garrick was likable... Also, you're comparing a character who's level cap is 10 to a character who's level cap is 40. (druids get to 40, right? playithardcore isn't working so I can't check...) Not to mention his stats are pretty awful except for his WIS. Which is funny, considering he seems like a very unwise character.

But anyway, I don't want to derail this thread anymore than I already have.

You know you HAVEN'T been playing enough Baldur's Gate when...
    1. You can't remember the druid level cap.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    There is one bug at the moment with BG2EE (and possibly the original BG2) that affects Cernd rather significantly in particular. Basically if you have the Staff of Arundel equipped and then transform you lose the bonus spells you'd otherwise have. Kind of a big pain frankly.

I haven't checked in the case of fighter/mages and bards when it comes to Dakkon's Zerth Blade and shapeshifting but I assume it has the same issue. A fix has been made for the issue (#7598) so hopefully it gets applied in the next patch.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Elrandir said:

@bengoshi‌ He may not be any worse than Garrick, but at least Garrick was likable... Also, you're comparing a character who's level cap is 10 to a character who's level cap is 40. (druids get to 40, right? playithardcore isn't working so I can't check...)
    1. You can't remember the druid level cap.

Druid level cap is 31.
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    edited June 2014
    The countdown begins!
    Sjerrie said:

545. The forums replace Facebook as your preferred medium of social interaction.

546. While listening to Janine Jansen playing, rather than enjoying the music you muse over the fact that her father's first name is, in fact, Jan.

CrevsDaak said:

545) when your family takes your computer/ipad away from you to make you stop playing BG/entering the forums.

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    lolien said:

The countdown begins!

Sjerrie said:

545. The forums replace Facebook as your preferred medium of social interaction.

546. While listening to Janine Jansen playing, rather than enjoying the music you muse over the fact that her father's first name is, in fact, Jan.

CrevsDaak said:

545) when your family takes your computer/ipad away from you to make you stop playing BG/entering the forums.

Oh... thanks for the catch ;P
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    CrevsDaak said:

547-36812973) when your family takes your computer/ipad away from you to make you stop playing BG/entering the forums.

@CrevsDaak‌ I feel you, bro.