Skip to content

(Beta Event) Bug-Hunt-Palooza

DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
edited July 2014 in The Road to v1.3 (BG:EE)
Work on the 1.3 patch for BG:EE is wrapping up, and so I'm leading the charge on a last push for any remaining issues before we release it. If you've got access to the beta and are interested in being part of the effort, keep reading.

And the Winner is...@Shandyr!

With two new bugs reported with solid test cases, Shandyr has earned the unique "Spider's Bane" badge. Gaze upon his hunting mastery and tremble, game bugs!

The Event

I'm looking for volunteers to run through a full six-man Multiplayer game. Any size group will do, but bonus points for having six players. If you encounter any game-ending issues unrelated to your internet connection, post them here with detailed steps to reproduce the issue.

In addition, I'm looking for volunteers to speed-run the game in Single Player. Again, post here with any game-ending issues you encounter.

If you have a saved game that you can use to reliably reproduce the issue, put it in a zip file and attach it to your post.

If you get through the game without encountering any game-ending issues, post that too and attach a zip file containing your Final Save.

I will "Promote" any good bug report posted in this thread.

The Rules

In order for your bug report to be valid, I need you to follow these guidelines:
1. You can't use mods. If you have any mods installed, you'll need to remove them before going through the game or the test will be invalid.

2. You can't edit your saved game. If you encounter a problem that you know could be fixed by editing the save, post about the issue here first.

3. You may use Debug Mode, but you may not use the Ctrl-J hotkey.

4. Before you post about an issue, see if you can reproduce it in the "live" (non-beta) version of the game. If you can't, be sure to note that.
This is not an opportunity for feature requests. We're looking for game-ending problems and (more specifically) new issues that weren't there before this patch.

Prizes

The player with the most good bug reports will get a special "Spider's Bane" badge.

This event will run until July 1 at 6pm (PST), after which point I will count up the points and announce the winner.
Post edited by Dee on
Flashburn[Deleted User]TressetkaguanaEffinyTroodon80CrevsDaakMusaabJuliusBorisovjackjackItomon

Comments

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Palooza is a funny word.

6-man multiplayer game... that might be fun.
    [Deleted User]jackjack
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    TressetSilverstar
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    edited June 2014
    @Shandyr I would be happy to join such a group but I don't think Tilly would. She is just too busy with other stuff unfortunately.

Also I would have to remove my mods, which shouldn't be too hard.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    I'm game, but you'll have to let me know what time.
    Excellent! I removed my mods and would be able to host if need be. It may be a good idea to have me host since I have almost no life outside of BG at the moment. I am awake from about 11:00am to 12:00pm UTC -6 and would be available most days for most of my waking hours.

@Dee do you want us using direct IP connections or would you prefer us to use the matchmaker service?
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    edited June 2014
    Now, when you say game-ending, do you really mean show-stopping or do you mean things that are obviously wrong as well?

I've been messing around for a bit and combat music seems to play endlessly until you move to a different area.
    EDIT: Huh, the problem goes away if you load the game again. Haven't been able to reproduce it again, yet...
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    If it's obviously wrong and you can only reproduce it in the beta, then that's something we'll definitely want to know about.

If it's something that's obviously wrong but it's been that way for several months already, then it's not as important for the purposes of this event (still important, mind you, but not as important as new issues).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Tresset
    Yep. Tell all your friends!
    @Troodon80‌ @Shandyr‌ Alright. I will start a game without a password named Tresset's Bug Hunt. Whoever wants to join can join I guess...
    [Deleted User]
    Sometimes when I save a game, a character's portrait very briefly flashes on the left side of the screen. This only seems to happen in interior areas, whether you're alone or have companions with you.

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    I noticed that there is still some water-issue problems. In the Cloakwood Mine 4th Level, in the Western Northernmost room, I found a corrupted water tile that showed up as dark gray.

I have a saved game with it.
    LadyRhian said:

I noticed that there is still some water-issue problems. In the Cloakwood Mine 4th Level, in the Western Northernmost room, I found a corrupted water tile that showed up as dark gray.

I have a saved game with it.

Yep, that one's already reported. It actually has to do with the way the area's hidden due to the secret door, not the water itself.
    Flashburn said:

Sometimes when I save a game, a character's portrait very briefly flashes on the left side of the screen. This only seems to happen in interior areas, whether you're alone or have companions with you.

I'm not getting that same issue. What kind of save are you making? (Quick-Save, Auto-Save, or a manual save with a name)?
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I'm here. @Shandyr‌ you still playing? Can't find anyone?
    Tresset
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I'll sign up as a Speed run single-player, since my internet connections isn't too good. May I play the game at 60 FPS or just at 30 normal (with CLUA'd BOOT01).
    However you want to do it, as long as you're not modifying the game or your save. baldur.ini is fair game.
    CrevsDaakDartsiniZ
    Can't see you... O.O

Will try again...
    Tresset
    @Shandyr‌ ... Are you on the Beamdog.net? or TCP? I just can't see anyone on the system :( I am checking if it is just me... By starting my own game... Can some one check if they can see me... Hell. I'll start looking for @CrevsDaak‌ !
    Tresset
    edited June 2014
    @Dee
    It happens with quick saves and manual saves. I would assume that it would happen with auto-saves as well. It only happens with the left side UI mimimized.

Also it seems to only happen in single-player.
    edited June 2014
    @Anduin
    Me, @Troodon80, and @Tresset are in a multiplayer game right now using Beamdog.net. Tresset says he just set join requests on.
    edited June 2014
    Trying one last time... I am on the other side of the pond I suppose...

EDIT: I found you. But I had to stop and reboot the computer. That fixed it... Not sure why. Windows updating me thinks.

EDIT 2: Yep, just waiting to kick Saveoursocks butt...

@Tresset‌ Holding out for you... If you see that someone is waiting to join... That will be me...
    Tresset
    edited June 2014
    @flashburn and @Troodon80‌ you still there?

EDIT: @Tresset‌ Mummie on a mission...
    Tresset
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    Damn, I've seen this just now that I'm going to bed, and this evening I was busy! I suppose I'll be late tomorrow evening, let'say in about twenty hours at least... :(
    CrevsDaak
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    edited July 2014
    OK, here is my single player run. No showstoppers.
    (edit, & @Dee no way to attach saves here?)

Blaggerd, NE human male Blackguard.
    Start 22:00.
    End 00:45.
    Duration 2h45
    Reloads: 0 (well, 1 because the game lagged out but no character death)

[Spoiler]
    Buy 4 long swords, a helmet and some throwing axes before skipping Candlekeep chores.
    Watch as Gorion dies.
    Loot Imoen, Montaron and Xzar before dumping them.
    Grab a diamond from a tree.
    South to High Hedge, West to the coast.
    Kill Shoal the Nereid with 3 throwing daggers (Blackguard poison). 2 levels, +19hp.
    To Beregost.
    Grab Kagains helmet (looks nicer) and armour.
    Buy Marl a drink.
    Trade books with Firebead.
    To Nashkel.
    Wear the ankheg armour.
    Talk to Noober.
    To the coast.
    Find and return Captain Brage. Buy a stone to flesh scroll at the same time.
    Tell Oublek I am not Greywolf. Reputation 12.
    Pick Melicamp up.
    Poison Bassilus.
    Poison Silke. Level +13hp.
    Talk to Neera. Curse when I realise she has a gem bag. Take it anyway and dump her.
    To the Carnival. Scroll of Protection from Petrification and Necklace of Missiles purchased.
    To the Basilisks. Level +8hp. Break 3 long swords, only one left.
    De-petrify Tamah.
    Poison Mutamin.
    3 necklace fireballs on Kirian and her gang. Equip Golden Girdle plus 2 Long Swords +1. Level +10hp.
    Kill Meilum and equip his bracers.
    Kill Greywolf and equip Varscona Long Sword +2.
    Return a dagger for Miner Kylee.
    Poison Mulahey.
    Return a ring to the wife of Joseph.
    Return a bounty to Oublek.
    Tell Nashkel Mayor Berrun Ghastkill his mine is all sorted out. Mind the bodies.
    Poison Nimbul.
    Poison Tranzig.
    Grab Joia's ring (not returned).
    Poison some ankhegs and return the body of Nathan to Farmer Brun.
    Buy Cloak of Displacement and Greenstone Amulet in Ulgoths Beard.
    Poison Ardenor Crush.
    Poison Taugosz Khosann.
    Poison Venkt, Raemon, Hakt. Kill Britik.
    Buy potions from High Hedge. & a potion case.
    Encounter a Melicamp bug (Quest completes but he is still a chicken)
    Use a potion of freedom to go through Cloakwood traps without fighting ettercaps.
    Grab a potion of invulnerability from Laskal in Cloakwood.
    Use necklace of missile charges on Drasus and his gang. 1 charge left, no further need for it.
    Equip boots of speed.
    Use potions (strength, absorbtion, heroism, speed) to kill Hareishan and guards).
    Free the miners.
    Kill anybody on the direct route to Davaeorn.
    Drink 2nd potion of freedom and poison Davaeorn.
    Kill the lone Battle Horror which turned up.
    Kill the mustard jelly and loot the area.

Head to Baldurs Gate.
    Use the Dexterity tome.
    Buy more potions.
    Use invisibility potion to speak to Thaldorn in the Iron Throne HQ.
    Run out, grabbing a Protection from Petrification scroll on the way. Only killed the Doppelganger.

Head to Candlekeep.
    Pick up the Ring of Koveras.
    Get arrested.
    Extreme lag in the catacombs. Saved, closed and loaded up again.
    Protection from Magic/Poison scrolls applied, strength, heroism and speed potions.
    Looted tombs for 2 tomes, scrolls and treasures.
    Killed the Gorion and Elminster doppelgangers.
    Potion of freedom drank before poisoning Prat and his gang.

Back to Baldurs Gate.
    Poisoned Slythe.
    Potions of Mind Focusing, Strength, Speed, Invulnerability, Power buffing for coronation.
    Poisoned all doppelgangers. Both dukes survived.
    Into the thieves guild and downstairs.
    Back upstairs so the thief dialogue (huge armoured guy) could trigger.
    Back downstairs. Drink absorbtion and fire resistance potions.
    Kill jellies, slimes, doom guards and skeleton warriors.

The Undercity.
    Drink a regeneration potion.
    Poison Rahvin and his gang.
    Rest

Temple of Bhaal.
    Try to draw Sarevok out on his own - failed.
    Try to hit Sarevok with arrows of dispelling - failed. Semaj arrives.
    Use a Protection from Magic scroll.
    Run around until aura is clear.
    Drink a potion of invisibility.
    Find Semaj and attack him.
    Angelo and Tazok join in. Both are poisoned.
    Angelo dies but Tazok badly wounds Blaggerd.
    Blaggerd drinks buff potions as he regenerates health and finishes Tazok.
    Semaj is killed next.

Go find Sarevok - by a pillar on the left.
    Poison him.
    [/Spoiler]

Potential issues.
    Encounter a Melicamp bug (Quest completes but he is still a chicken). Not familiar with BG:EE issues so will check tomorrow.
    Question: Sakul has a wraithform scroll. Intended?
    I can't find a final save. Can see a character save.
    PibaroCrevsDaak
  • EffinyEffiny Member Posts: 378
    Boys, I wanted to thank you all. Thanks to your help, the patch will be released after all. And maybe before 500 votes. ;-)
    CrevsDaak_Luke_kaguana
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Any time I'm around I am happy to try and connect in to a multiplayer run if you are short on numbers. Signing off for the night now though, have fun :)
    Running a game with four of us... It is having some issues connectivity wise... But pretty smooth. Shan plays in German and it come up in his language when he get the kill! awesome...
    Dee[Deleted User]Gate70Tresset
    edited July 2014
    Its lumbering along like its held together with bits of dried up tape and bubblegum, but by golly its working, though just barely.
    DeeCrevsDaak
This discussion has been closed.