Skip to content

The Road to v1.3 (BG:EE), Phase IV

Comments

• kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328

kaguana said:

Wooo good news so maybe the patch will be release this week ;) if we are lucky.

This century*
    Hmmm that no luck that the mother of the unfortunate.
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    lol it seems people are still a bit pessimistic
    kaguanajackjack
    So this week I hope a gift for the weekend maybe? or next week, either way it will be really fun to get the new patch with it cool little addition stuff :)
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @Chow You bet.
    Nokkenbuer
  • dreamriderdreamrider Member Posts: 417
    Seems to me that in previous iterations, I was able to Hide in Shadows AND Detect Traps at the same time.

In this patch, at least with Imoen, if Imoen Hides in Shadows then begins to Detect Traps, the Hide in Shadows is stopped, and vice versa.

This is very hampering to effective use of the Thief.

(Possibly I'm wrong about previous functionality; maybe thief had to be Invisible to Detect at the same time.)
    Xavioria
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    True, Stealth and Detect modes have always been mutually exclusive.

On the other hand, current (1.2) functionality is that although starting combat cancels Detect mode, the other way around isn't true: if we're already in combat, then we can start Detect mode without cancelling the attack on the current target. This is especially handy if the Thief has a good Detect Illusion skill and some of the enemies are trying to hide! But is it intended to work like this? I don't remember it being that way before 1.2, but it could be that I just never noticed before.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited July 2014
    Chow said:

A thief has never been able to both hide and detect traps, though now that you mention it, them just looking around and trying to find something shouldn't really make it all that much harder for them to stay hidden. Perhaps this is something to make a note of for the next patch?

A thief skulking in the shadows and finding a trip wire across the hall? Sure.

That same thief detecting a pressure plate disguised a cobblestone in the middle of well-lit hall, while he/she keeps to the shadows? Not likely, he/she probably needs to investigate it up close.

The thief finding a poison needle in trapped chest lock while staying hidden? No way. Definitely needs careful hands-on examination.

Of course, the game just has a 'one-size fits all' method of handling detect traps. That allows the chest trap to be detected without the thief being right next to it. A limitation of the engine.

If this were implemented, I would suggest a threshold above which the trap is undetectable if the thief is trying to hide and detect traps at the same time. Kind of like how some inventory slots can't be pick-pocketed. This would reflect that thief could detect simple traps (e.g., trip wires) while remaining hidden, but not complex ones.
    jackjack
    Hoo well no patch for us this week :(More bugs
    jackjackronaldoCrevsDaakAstroBryGuy
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    CrevsDaakAstroBryGuykaguanaSilverstar
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    Nobody seems to be answering my question on the subject I put up, so I hope nobody minds me going a bit off topic for asking this.
    I want to create a custom voice set for my CN Dragon Disciple, but I don't know how to do it.
    Please help
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    @DJ_Sweatz_2013‌ that's because you are asking in the wrong part of the forum. This is just patch 1.3 related :)
    CrevsDaak
  • Zzidolfas86Zzidolfas86 Member Posts: 77
    I am guessing this could be easier to do the manual way after this patch, but I am wondering why you skipped adding in the voices from BG2 into the BG:EE game. Is this because the BG2 character voices have more to say(more soundfiles) than the original ones? It would just make more sence to have them all in both games no?

A lot of my BG characters go through puberty or something after being captured by Irenicus :p
    edited August 2014

I am guessing this could be easier to do the manual way after this patch, but I am wondering why you skipped adding in the voices from BG2 into the BG:EE game. Is this because the BG2 character voices have more to say(more soundfiles) than the original ones? It would just make more sence to have them all in both games no?

A lot of my BG characters go through puberty or something after being captured by Irenicus :p

Perhaps voice actor royalties? If they shipped with the BG2 character sound files included, they may owe the voice actors royalties on their performances. So, it may have been a cost-containment decision.

If you have both games and Near Infinity, you can extract the sounds from BG2 and add them to BGEE.

EDIT: Actually, it doesn't look like you even need Near Infinity to do this in BGEE/BG2EE. The character sounds are files in the lang/LANGUAGE/Sounds folder in your BGEE/BG2EE install.
    Post edited by AstroBryGuy on
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192

If you have both games and Near Infinity, you can extract the sounds from BG2 and add them to BGEE.

And the opposite? And all the Icewind Dale 2 sounds?

Teach me this sorcery.
  • RythgarRythgar Member Posts: 101
    @Chow you can download the IWD soundsets already formatted for BG2. A quick Google search brings you to the work other people have already done. I can edit and provide links later.
    Chow said:

And the opposite? And all the Icewind Dale 2 sounds?

Teach me this sorcery.
    Actually, it doesn't look like you even need Near Infinity to do this in BGEE/BG2EE. The character sounds are files in the lang/LANGUAGE/Sounds folder in your BGEE/BG2EE install.

If you copy BG1 sounds to BG2, keep in mind that BG1 had a much smaller list of sounds. So, the soundset will be incomplete by BG2 soundset standards.

Icewind Dale 2 sounds are a bit trickier, since they don't use the same file list as BGEE/BG2EE. So, there's more work involved.

I'll send you a PM.
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    Thanks.
    Vnavekul said:

Weekend! Would be so cool if I'd be surprised tonight or tomorrow morning with a 1.3 patch to keep me busy until next week. ;)

I wish, I wonder if that last bug will be solve and test in time for release this week.... ?????
    jackjackVnavekullolien
  • VnavekulVnavekul Member Posts: 181
    edited August 2014
    Well, they have _some_ time left over there, until their workday is done. I, however (Europe), am getting quite sleepy already. :P

E: But... Since they also need to test that last fix, I wouldn't count on a release just before their weekend begins. :'(
    edited August 2014
    Yup it late over here too, hopefully we will have a surprise in the morning ;) if everything will go well over there..... @Dee "Blink blink" I know you guys doing everything to release this patch yesterday ;)